Maxx VS Terminator. Long distance antenna shootout!

Im listening, i love to learn ;)

Hey Will I ordered the Terminator Extreme with a tripod head and stand from Tom, I'm very excited!

Will this be a CTH as well or a heavy duty version?
hi there , the problem is the stand , you better using a normal tripod as the shipping alone of the stand can cost as much as the `stand itself,as its it very heavy duty, so look on amazon , eBay you get get one that costs less then it would to send it over .

I really like this Max range. I cant get to far around the house, but out in the country the battery is the limit.
I was working on my old P3 that I crashed ,and it looks like the board is damaged..So I robed the bird side mod off it. I just gave it a try. I can tell it is working, because I lose transmitter signal first. Video is strong signal. Now the Mosquitoes are the problem, we had a bad flood a couple weeks ago, and it is hot.

I use the DJI CF props. Have ditched it a couple times in tall wheat fields and no damage to the props. I could see they would shatter if it tipped though.

I dont remember if you guys talked about props making a difference but have you guys noticed any (if you tried them) when doing distance runs?...the stiff cf vs stock? Would they even make a difference for thrust/speed
I'm pretty sure Ed uses CF ! I use stock issued P3 9450's. I've tried carbon fiber and didn't see much of a difference although it seems like it should help when you're really loaded down with batteries, every time I autoland and flip upside down I break one, where standard prop can make it through the fall. I know Unknown Caller has experimented with a few different ones and has found that Tmotor props can give slightly more flight time, but your aircraft don't go near as fast, which I think speed is the key to beat this new record!

Yes, being on the test pilot program for Horizon, Will sends me emails containing upcoming projects for horizon as well as his personal experience with these different antennas
emoji41.png

Thank you for sharing this excellent piece of information! In my opinion this is critical information to disclose in a thread of this nature. The more detailed and transparently the test environment and equipment are described, the better the data they produced can be interpreted. Not to say your relation with Horizons is anything like the following but imagine a person receives an antenna for free or at a discount and another pays retail for the same antenna, say $200+. The person who received the antenna at the discount may have a completely different take on whether its worth the money or not compared to the person who paid retail. Again, not trying to say that this is what has happened here or that this is the only scenario in which to be concerned, but rather an example of how more information is almost always a good thing. Just thought it was worth mentioning as at least a couple of people in the thread have mentioned that they purchased antennas based on your posts. With great power comes great responsibility :)

I wouldn't be skeptic if I were you, nobody has yet taken those Chinese panels 8 miles unboosted and I don't believe they ever will, however many pilots have taken the terminator panel unboosted and sent their aircraft out 8+ miles and back with perfect signal[emoji41]

I would be interested to see yourself or one of the other pilots who have managed to take the terminator out to the 8+ mile range test the Governator in the same locations and conditions. I would be interested in that test from any pilot that has both the Terminator and Governator honestly. But back to the long range guys, I believe there may be more pilots in locations where 8+ miles ins't possible with any antenna, for me personally, that's why I found the test with the MaxxRange and Governator so helpful. Both pilots where flying in the same conditions and the Governator seemed to keep up with, if not slightly outperform the MaxxRange, which seems to be in line with the results people here were seeing between the Terminator and MaxxRange. Again, their test environment didn't appear to be an 8+ mile environment (correct me if i'm wrong B_Squared), but the results seemed impressive none the less in their given environment.

Thank you for sharing this excellent piece of information! In my opinion this is critical information to disclose in a thread of this nature. The more detailed and transparently the test environment and equipment are described, the better the data they produced can be interpreted. Not to say your relation with Horizons is anything like the following but imagine a person receives an antenna for free or at a discount and another pays retail for the same antenna, say $200+. The person who received the antenna at the discount may have a completely different take on whether its worth the money or not compared to the person who paid retail. Again, not trying to say that this is what has happened here or that this is the only scenario in which to be concerned, but rather an example of how more information is almost always a good thing. Just thought it was worth mentioning as at least a couple of people in the thread have mentioned that they purchased antennas based on your posts. With great power comes great responsibility :)

I would be interested to see yourself or one of the other pilots who have managed to take the terminator out to the 8+ mile range test the Governator in the same locations and conditions. I would be interested in that test from any pilot that has both the Terminator and Governator honestly. But back to the long range guys, I believe there may be more pilots in locations where 8+ miles ins't possible with any antenna, for me personally, that's why I found the test with the MaxxRange and Governator so helpful. Both pilots where flying in the same conditions and the Governator seemed to keep up with, if not slightly outperform the MaxxRange, which seems to be in line with the results people here were seeing between the Terminator and MaxxRange. Again, their test environment didn't appear to be an 8+ mile environment (correct me if i'm wrong B_Squared), but the results seemed impressive none the less in their given environment.
It is really nice to hear from the manufacture of the antenna's. Shows they're staying in touch with the customer.
Thumbs up

For one thing I find your username alone to be very suspect! I don't really understand why the people who gave you a thumbs up did so !I don't really understand the reason for your post,more importantly I think I misunderstood it I hope. Because it sounded to me like you were saying I gave unfair credit to an antenna company just because I'm on the test pilot program. That couldn't be further from the truth. First off every antenna that I paid for I paid full price just like everybody else, some of them I was lucky enough to get my hands on before others and that's why I started the posts and not them, i've done many fair tests putting one product up against the other and one company up against the other, and would never favor one over the other. I posted to the people exactly what I found. In defense of horizon antennas and the test pilot program, they intentionally DO NOT give anything away for free because they want their products to be judged fairly by pilots who have already proven themselves with real numbers. Honestly I don't have to take my posts or opinions as a great responsibility because I only report to people what worked for me and how it worked and if a product don't work, people get every detail of that as well.

Reactions: Mark The Droner
It is really nice to hear from the manufacture of the antenna's. Shows they're staying in touch with the customer.
Thumbs up
Who's this manufacture you're speaking of Phoenix, I don't get it, I must've missed something

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Johnboy94