Maxx VS Terminator. Long distance antenna shootout!

Does that bracket fit on the P3 Standard? I didn't think it did.

Hey MTR do you have the Standard or adv/pro?

Took the MaxxRange out for a second spin. Lost signal about 6000ft, then realized the panel was tilted too high. Dropped the angle of the panel closer to the horizon, and bingo! Ran out to 9000' when I decided to turn around due to wind. I feel much better about the MaxxRange now, but still need better penetration. Hopefully, my amps will arrive this week!

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Took the MaxxRange out for a second spin. Lost signal about 6000ft, then realized the panel was tilted too high. Dropped the angle of the panel closer to the horizon, and bingo! Ran out to 9000' when I decided to turn around due to wind. I feel much better about the MaxxRange now, but still need better penetration. Hopefully, my amps will arrive this week!

Bingo

Does that bracket fit on the P3 Standard? I didn't think it did.

Hey MTR do you have the Standard or adv/pro?

Which bracket brother ??

From Horizon
"today the Terminator is repriced at £89 which is £10 below the MaxxRange and better performance with Horizon peak tuned.

Enjoy"

Reactions: Mark The Droner
From Horizon
"today the Terminator is repriced at £89 which is £10 below the MaxxRange and better performance with Horizon peak tuned.

Enjoy"

After installation of either panel, is a swap out as simple as disconnection of one panel, and reconnection of the other, using the same cables?

After installation of either panel, is a swap out as simple as disconnection of one panel, and reconnection of the other, using the same cables?

It is that simple, as long as horizon switched cables to be the same as the maxxrange & fpvlr. (I was told it was going to be using the same cables as the other companies in all future terminators) my terminator was one of the first to be shipped and it's cables could not be used on the DBS. But yes just that simple. If you have the resources I encourage everyone to own both the maxxrange and the terminator so you guys can decide for yourselves and post here which ones you like best.

Which bracket brother ??

The booster/battery holder that mounts to the metal handle on the remote. I didn't think it fit on the standard because the metal handle point out at an angle....and on the adv/pro the handle goes straight down

I'm purity happy with my Max range. I like too go boosted. I am thinking of making a roof mount for my truck. I know Max sells one but it is a little costly.

The booster/battery holder that mounts to the metal handle on the remote. I didn't think it fit on the standard because the metal handle point out at an angle....and on the adv/pro the handle goes straight down

No but let's try to get you one !! Send me a pm !!

RE: getting stock antennas out

You don't have to break the tabs at all just pinch them closed with needle nose pliers and pull firmly while rotating back and forth. They will come out.

I'm not sure why so many videos say destroy the antennas at all.

Reactions: dirtybum
RE: getting stock antennas out

You don't have to break the tabs at all just pinch them closed with needle nose pliers and pull firmly while rotating back and forth. They will come out.

I'm not sure why so many videos say destroy the antennas at all.

I tried, for quite some time, to pinch the tabs enough to extract the stock antennas intact, but ultimately failed.

I went open up a 300 B controller I had last night to mod for external antennas and all the screw holes that held the stick command modules fell apart just upon opening. This controllers only been used about five or six times and only on the workbench. DJI makes some amazing stuff, but sometimes the stuff they make is complete junk[emoji41]

DJI had a bad batch of plastic affecting the majority of GL300B and GL658B remotes !! They tried to keep it hush hush but when I was talking to a support staff member at DJI LA. I was explaining my problem and said it was a b remote and he said oh yeah they had the bad batch of plastic. Then immediately started back pedaling when I asked more about this "bad batch" and then transferred me to a manager / supervisor who denied the whole thing lol

Yeah I remember that story! And I got one of those remotes apparently ,there's so much broken in there it's on unrepairable

I went open up a 300 B controller I had last night to mod for external antennas and all the screw holes that held the stick command modules fell apart just upon opening. This controllers only been used about five or six times and only on the workbench. DJI makes some amazing stuff, but sometimes the stuff they make is complete junk[emoji41]
CL300B are terrible plastic had two both broken RTH button broken three screw holes broken.
Purchased two new CL300C controller on ebay the plastic so much stronger.

I have all the screws out of my controller to do the antenna mod, but it won't come apart, almost as if its stuck at the top dead center. The sides come up but the top will not budge. I don't want to force it and break anything.

Suggestions?

I have all the screws out of my controller to do the antenna mod, but it won't come apart, almost as if its stuck at the top dead center. The sides come up but the top will not budge. I don't want to force it and break anything.

Suggestions?
This is probably a stupid question, but you did remove the USB cover and pop the big ribbon cable loose right

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Johnboy94