Maxx VS Terminator. Long distance antenna shootout!

So how do I connect it now . I will be having an Rp sma female coming out of the RCView attachment 53883
Here is the Terminators cables:
2016-05-15-10-28-54.322.jpg

Here is the Terminators cables:
2016-05-15-10-28-54.322.jpg
So the supplied cables with the Terminator have an sma male ( without the pin ) on both ends . Yes then it will work Thanks for the clarification. I thought the cables will have one end male and the other female and that would not have worked

So the supplied cables with the Terminator have an sma male ( without the pin ) on both ends . Yes then it will work Thanks for the clarification. I thought the cables will have one end male and the other female and that would not have worked
Yep it's going to work just fine SK.
You're going to love these panels

I just want to make sure I have this straight, Lee SK & Sk Drone ARE two different people right?

Reactions: Lee SK
The question is ,are the Terminator and Itelite antennas really basically the same as these type of Tplink and the other much cheaper 14 to 24 dbi directional antennas and all they did was to put it in a case and bracket to fit the phantoms,or are these antennas something different and not as suitable for drone rc use ?

Reactions: Reed L
My personal option, may not be right but the terminator & the Maxx are antenna that had been tested with drones and having the bracket and correct wiring or adapters makes it easy to market to most people. Just buy the kit and your done. The antenna are science the only thing you can change is the quality of the parts that go into it and how fine tuned the parts are.
Some times you do get what you pay for.

Reactions: dirtybum
The question is ,are the Terminator and Itelite antennas really basically the same as these type of Tplink and the other much cheaper 14 to 24 dbi directional antennas and all they did was to put it in a case and bracket to fit the phantoms,or are these antennas something different and not as suitable for drone rc use ?
Based on what they look like, all these "DBS" or "ITE" antennas are standard 2.4 antennas that have been repackaged for use with the Phantoms. They have been tested to work well in our specific application, but for me, the real value added is their nice bracket that clamps to the RC leg bar. I was going to 3D print the one that @dirtybum uses on his tripod for use with the Hawking 14dBi antenna, but purchased the Maxx just to get the bracket...

My terminator antenna should be turning up later today.
Does anyone know how it performs with the 32 channel hack?
Channel 31 usually gives me the best result but I'm not sure if this falls within the "normal" 2.4Ghz range so I assume the antenna may not be optimised for it?

Can anyone with a terminator weigh in?

Terminators have arrived and I'm sorry to say my first impression was a little disappointing.

Very poorly packaged, literally wrapped an off cut of cardboard which offered no real protection.

Obviously just sprayed black with a rattle can in a garage (and not very well, runs in paint, orange peeling etc) paint has come off in a few places already (probably from the poor packaging during transport)

The end stops in the support bar have presumably been 3D printed but not very well, both are deformed slightly.

There are still holes in the bottom, I assume from where the cables used to exit before they were converted.

There's something rattling around inside the left hand antenna.

The antenna's appear to have been glued together, but without much care are there's lots of residue bulging out.

Stickers have obviously just been printed on a home printer, poorly cut out and glued on.

Overall it looks like something from a kids high school project and not an antenna costing £135!

HOWEVER - if it performs (and continues to perform) as expected all this won't matter and I'll be a happy bunny!

t02gzl.jpg

v5hgqq.jpg

Last edited:
That kinda sucks :( but glad your results are solid !!

The more I look at it the more I believe it is definitely the panel someone posted earlier. The sticker even appears to be in the same spot !!

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DonT