Maxx VS Terminator. Long distance antenna shootout!

No results yet and may not get a chance until the weekend but I will post them once I've had a chance to test it.

**** I missed the "if it" lol !! I'm sure it's going to be badass !! But for the money I agree it should be very polished !!

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Its most likely that 16 dollar Amazon panel ( times 2 )spray painted black and the connecter hole moved

Its most likely that 16 dollar Amazon panel ( times 2 )spray painted black and the connecter hole moved
I agree. Holes in the same place, stickers, etc.
For 32 bucks I might just go ahead and order them. Then I'll just have to build a bracket. Or, figure out what else will need changed if anything....anyone else thinking of doing the same? Any reason not to?

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

I agree. Holes in the same place, stickers, etc.
For 32 bucks I might just go ahead and order them. Then I'll just have to build a bracket. Or, figure out what else will need changed if anything....anyone else thinking of doing the same? Any reason not to?

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app
Looks the same to me, the bracket to hold em together is just a aluminum bar($4 at hardware store) then buy the Maxxrange from Fredz and you have the bracket and two antenna for the price of a Terminator[emoji41]

there are 2 ARC brand 19dbi panels on ebay right now for $45....has the N connector tho..can change or buy the adapter

Terminators have arrived and I'm sorry to say my first impression was a little disappointing.

Very poorly packaged, literally wrapped an off cut of cardboard which offered no real protection.

Obviously just sprayed black with a rattle can in a garage (and not very well, runs in paint, orange peeling etc) paint has come off in a few places already (probably from the poor packaging during transport)

The end stops in the support bar have presumably been 3D printed but not very well, both are deformed slightly.

There are still holes in the bottom, I assume from where the cables used to exit before they were converted.

There's something rattling around inside the left hand antenna.

The antenna's appear to have been glued together, but without much care are there's lots of residue bulging out.

Stickers have obviously just been printed on a home printer, poorly cut out and glued on.

Overall it looks like something from a kids high school project and not an antenna costing £135!

HOWEVER - if it performs (and continues to perform) as expected all this won't matter and I'll be a happy bunny!

t02gzl.jpg

v5hgqq.jpg
Hey Chris, hope your antenna works out looking forward to the results.
Where did you buy these from?
I ask because I've been looking around lots at different ones and it definitely seems there are alot cheaper options for presumably the same thing. The things you describe sticker printed on computer at home etc. Could well be someone copying to cash in.
Will be interesting to see the difference if true, maybe compare to dirtybum (sticker quality) I'm sure horizon UK are spraying theirs black but would have thought they would make a half decent job of it.

Very poorly packaged, literally wrapped an off ....

00f62fac7365bd1434e3ff35fc3160b1.jpg

This is how i received my MAXX panel but at least it appears not to have any external damage, package had a stamp letting me know it was damaged at pickup and not by USPS but if it performes.....already mounted and ready for testing as soon as weather permits.

Not complaining!!! They sent it to me fast and the customer service is great, I bet they are just getting hit with so many orders....

Last edited:
NOT GOOD.

Couldn't wait so delayed a pub session to give them a go.

Less than half the range I got when completely stock.

Controller flagged up weak controller signal at just 110m out when the bird was up at 120m (400ft) and I was elevated with the remote too. Tripod mounted and aimed at the horizon vertically and the bird horizontally.

hvb951.jpg

It complained the whole way out and the controller signal rarely went above 2 bars. At about 1,100m it lost everything and started to return home.
This with the controller, the launch point, the flight path and the altitude in exactally the same place as I have flown many times before and always managed more than 2km with everything stock.
I was curious that the controller signal died so early and thought maybe the lead or antenna was damaged (after all one of them rattles!) so swapped the leads and antennas round and tried again but the results were just as disappointing.

2ewo0ih.jpg

Will post healthy drones log when I can be bothered but am now off to the pub to drown my sorrows. My advice is to stay away folks!

Reactions: KyleMaxxUAV
NOT GOOD.

Controller flagged up weak controller signal at just 110m out when the bird was up at 120m (400ft) and I was elevated with the remote too. Tripod mounted and aimed at the horizon vertically and the bird horizontally.

hvb951.jpg

It complained the whole way out and the controller signal rarely went above 2 bars. At about 1,100m it lost everything and started to return home.
This with the controller, the launch point, the flight path and the altitude in exactally the same place as I have flown many times before and always managed more than 2km with everything stock.
I was curious that the controller signal died so early and thought maybe the lead or antenna was damaged (after all one of them rattles!) so swapped the leads and antennas round and tried again but the results were just as disappointing.

2ewo0ih.jpg

Will post healthy drones log when I can be bothered but am now off to the pub to drown my sorrows. My advice is to stay away folks!
This does not sound good . Especially when we see that the whole thing is just a repackaged and repainted 32 dollar antenna

Reactions: Ed209
The Wasooo antenna sold by Amazon is made by LIEHUO . Its a chinese company You can even see the name on the panel in the Amazon photo

The Wasooo antenna sold by Amazon is made by LIEHUO . Its a chinese company You can even see the name on the panel in the Amazon photo

Well so much for the "terminator" panel lol now it's the LIEHUO panel by Amazon !!! For $50 total lol !!!

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Very poorly packaged, literally wrapped an off ....

00f62fac7365bd1434e3ff35fc3160b1.jpg

This is how i received my MAXX panel but at least it appears not to have any external damage, package had a stamp letting me know it was damaged at pickup and not by USPS but if it performes.....already mounted and ready for testing as soon as weather permits.

Not complaining!!! They sent it to me fast and the customer service is great, I bet they are just getting hit with so many orders....
Where did you order from?

NOT GOOD.

hvb951.jpg

2ewo0ih.jpg

Who did you buy from?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Helen Y West