Maxx VS Terminator. Long distance antenna shootout!

What do you mean by "fpvlr"? You mean his helical? If so, which one? And what did you have on the bird with that helical? Thanks
LHCP + RHCP helix 10.5dBi gain v2 fpvlr
nothing on quad

size next to itelite

antenna.jpg

What about the specs on this TP link is it as good as that 7 dbi I can get it from Amazon cheap .
Amazon.com: TP-LINK TL-ANT2408CL 2.4GHz 8dBi Indoor Omni-directional Antenna, 802.11n/b/g, RP-SMA Female connector: Electronics
Went out with a small group to a lake today, so I couldn't do a full comparison due to the hilly terrain, but the 6dBi omnidirectional got me out 7,249 ft, and the 10dBi Panel Antenna went to 8,608 ft. Was too windy by the time I was going to try the Omni with the windsurfer (need to get a taller version printed!).
upload_2016-5-14_14-27-34.png upload_2016-5-14_14-28-8.png upload_2016-5-14_14-28-53.png upload_2016-5-14_14-40-19.png

Reactions: Reed L
They do look **** close !!! Same dbi !! Different connector location. Now all we need to do is measure the terminator panel and see if it's the same. Then start testing that one lol !!

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app
Well it is cheap enough to give a try. I am thinking about it.

Reactions: dmark1867
The Terminators have rp-sma female, connection with the pin.
SMA-Chart.jpg
Yeah makes no sense that Horizon decided to do that! Everybody already owns a ton of cables the opposite way !I now if I want to test the cable I got a order new ones, instead of using the 20 custom-made ones already have!
Is a really bad decision to make something slightly more difficult for people that want to be able to use some of the stuff they already have and when people are on the fence about which antenna to buy , it just puts one more con on your antenna.

They do look **** close !!! Same dbi !! Different connector location. Now all we need to do is measure the terminator panel and see if it's the same. Then start testing that one lol !!

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app
They do look exactly the same. The terminator connector location has just been moved. If you look, the holes are still there, exactly like this one. I think it's worth trying. Just have to make a backplate and then put a reinforcement across the bottom where it will attach to the bracket.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Yeah makes no sense that Horizon decided to do that! Everybody already owns a ton of cables the opposite way !I now if I want to test the cable I got a order new ones, instead of using the 20 custom-made ones already have!
Is a really bad decision to make something slightly more difficult for people that want to be able to use some of the stuff they already have and when people are on the fence about which antenna to buy , it just puts one more con on your antenna.
DB. I am a little confused. Based on the various posts here i assumed that the Terminator and the Maxx connected the same way. So I ordered a ckean install kit and acTerminator. Niw it seems i wont be able to connect the Terminator with cables i get with the clean install kit. I guess i made a mistake and should have gine with the Maxx

It's not that Horizon decided to build the Terminators with a different connector than the Maxx, Horizons antenna connectors have always been rp-sma female as standard. Their SP antennas have options of sma or rp-sma depending your needs.

DB. I am a little confused. Based on the various posts here i assumed that the Terminator and the Maxx connected the same way. So I ordered a ckean install kit and acTerminator. Niw it seems i wont be able to connect the Terminator with cables i get with the clean install kit. I guess i made a mistake and should have gine with the Maxx
The Maxx clean install kit has rp-sma bulkhead connectors, the cables supplied with the terminator will connect just fine.

It's not that Horizon decided to build the Terminators with a different connector than the Maxx, Horizons antenna connectors have always been rp-sma female as standard. Their SP antennas have options of sma or rp-sma depending your needs.
So how do I connect it now . I will be having an Rp sma female coming out of the RC
Clean-Install-1_1024x1024 (1).jpg

The Maxx clean install kit has rp-sma bulkhead connectors, the cables supplied with the terminator will connect just fine.
No youll be fine sk! The terminator comes w/ the cables youll need and they appear to be rg58's (which is actually higher quality that comes with a clean install kit's 402's). Once you get that rig hooked up your going to have a better signal than you've ever had, and be able to do more than you've ever done. You'll be a happy camper.

No youll be fine sk! The terminator comes w/ the cables youll need and they appear to be rg58's (which is actually higher quality that comes with a clean install kit's 402's). Once you get that rig hooked up your going to have a better signal than you've ever had, and be able to do more than you've ever done. You'll be a happy camper.
Well that is nice that they supply the cables also.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DonT