Maxx UAV - Clean Install Now Available! (No more drilling holes!)

Looks very easy to install

I just bought one with an antenna, I like it. I've actually been bugging two other vendors for months to come out with a clean install kit. Even the external cables, they were shipping straight SMA connectors on their cables when it's obvious that 90 degree SMAs are cleaner. In fact, I told DBS mods at the IDE show in Los Angeles last December that when they come out with a clean install kit, I'd buy it. So Maxx released it, I bought it today, with antenna.

Last edited:
Reactions: KyleMaxxUAV
Is this easy to revert if wanted?

You won't ever want to revert trust me! I used to care now I just clip them off

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

If you're able to get the stock antennas out without too much damage, it's possible. Just be careful. IMO, it's not worth the hassle. The transmitter is more valuable modded :)

Agree 100%

If you're able to get the stock antennas out without too much damage, it's possible. Just be careful. IMO, it's not worth the hassle. The transmitter is more valuable modded :)
Ok, I just need to figure out how to fit it in my GPC backpack. I really want to keep my setup time low when flying, so don't want to have to disassemble / reassemble too many parts [emoji51]

Reactions: JakeMaxxUAV
I thought the itelite dbs mod came with the wires through the old antenna holes by default, no?

I thought the itelite dbs mod came with the wires through the old antenna holes by default, no?
No, the cables included with the ItElite are too short. People have used them with adapters, but it's messy and clunky looking.

So do I need anything else besides the ITE-DBS02 and this clean install kit?

I don't want to rip my controller apart and wish I had ordered some other parts.

Now that's it! I used MaxxUav's original design first and it didn't work good! Then Jake sent me the clean install, and I finally did it tonight. It was soooo easy and my connections are rock solid finally!

Reactions: JakeMaxxUAV
So do I need anything else besides the ITE-DBS02 and this clean install kit?

I don't want to rip my controller apart and wish I had ordered some other parts.
Nope, the ITE-DBS02 and clean install is all you'll need :)

You going to make it a kit with antenna? Off topic, but what's the range improvement I can expect with your antenna and does it just clip to the legs of the controller and pop off when I store my remote, I have the GPC backpack as well.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

You going to make it a kit with antenna? Off topic, but what's the range improvement I can expect with your antenna and does it just clip to the legs of the controller and pop off when I store my remote, I have the GPC backpack as well.

The Range is no comparison... And yes it clips on and off for easy storage

The Range is no comparison... And yes it clips on and off for easy storage

No comparison doesn't help me, sorry don't get it. No comparison as in it's crazy further reception or same as stock rang, just different antenna design. Sorry never done an antenna change before, but need piece of mind for flights over water.

The clean install is a separate purchase. As far as expected range, it's hard to say as everyone's flight conditions are different. For instance, south of my house is a bunch of houses. My max range that way with the Evo Kit is about 7500 feet. To the west is woods, and it's about the same, 7500 feet. To the east I have a clear path and I just went 3.8 miles. It glitches when I get out there, but it still had more in it. Landed with 32% battery life left, so I'm about to go further. :) Also, yes, it has a quick disconnect for easy removal.

Reactions: KyleMaxxUAV

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl