Maps gone on Pro Plus remote? Here's the fix!

Reaction score
I posted this back in May of 2019 on the DJI Forum. A memeber here has recently had the same issue and requested help. I thought I'd post it on this site also. Hopefully, it will help others.
Worked on my Phantom Pro Plus V1.

THIS ONLY APPLIES TO THE PHANTOM 4 PRO PLUS

I'll start off saying I don't use my Plus controller very often.
Usually, I'll use my Pro 4 controller / iPad combo.

Saw a post on another site that someone was having a maps issue with their Pro 4 Plus.
Grabbed my Plus controller, linked it to my Phantom 4 PRO to see if I could duplicate / resolve the issue.
First 2 pics (below) were after linking.
Maps were blank on mine also?? Uh oh.
Time to troubleshoot.
Click the DJI on top left.
Went to maps menu (DJI GO 4, main page), fourth icon, top left.
Downloaded the area maps where I'm at.
Restarted. All good. Got the maps (last 2 pics).

I had to poke the bear!
Here's where I thought I really messed up......

Went back to maps menu and thought I'd delete the downloaded maps and repeat the process.. Just to be sure this all worked correctly.
On my downloaded maps page (again, in DJI GO 4), I saw that there were duplicates of the downloaded maps of my area.
Deleted them both.
Restarted.
Attempted to download maps again.
Download would start, then get stuck at 47%.
Cancelled, restarted, waited. Rinse / repeat, etc..
No luck getting maps to download (would continually stick at 47%) and now my maps page would only show the GEO areas but no streets.

Slight panic mode sets in thinking I just put myself in that guy's boat.

Went through all menus I could think of on remote looking for issues/update's, etc.
Attached drone to DJI Assistant 2 on PC.
Synced, and also checked for updates.
Still no maps.

Here's the fix (was for me anyway).

Place finger top / middle of Pro Plus controller screen.
Swipe down. Should see the Volume and Brightness menu.
Below that, I see a box that reads an update for DJI GO 4 was available, version V4.3.14 (8-dpad)
Click the button and download the new DJI GO 4 app.
Followed installation instructions after download.

Restart.
Maps returned right away!
This means they were coming thru my wifi.

Downloaded my area maps again.
This time, the download did not hesitate and went right through to completion at 100%.
Learned something today.
Even though I thought all my firmware and software were current, they were not.
The usual menu I see after start up (MC Menu) and the Systems Settings (then Update) menu on DJI GO 4, do not tell you if there is a new version of DJI GO 4.

After the update, it's all good again.

Hope this helps others.

Anyone with the Standard Phantom 4 Pro controller (GL300F), pay no attention to any of the above.

THIS ONLY APPLIES TO THE PHANTOM 4 PRO PLUS - GL300E remote controller.

They are two different animals.

WfsjhT2.jpg

h1zOdtN.jpg

QPtvhGx.jpg

zLefmVZ.jpg

Got to be said, DJI should just pay the cost and get google maps back.

I posted this back in May of 2019 on the DJI Forum. A memeber here has recently had the same issue and requested help. I thought I'd post it on this site also. Hopefully, it will help others.
Worked on my Phantom Pro Plus V1.

THIS ONLY APPLIES TO THE PHANTOM 4 PRO PLUS

I'll start off saying I don't use my Plus controller very often.
Usually, I'll use my Pro 4 controller / iPad combo.

Saw a post on another site that someone was having a maps issue with their Pro 4 Plus.
Grabbed my Plus controller, linked it to my Phantom 4 PRO to see if I could duplicate / resolve the issue.
First 2 pics (below) were after linking.
Maps were blank on mine also?? Uh oh.
Time to troubleshoot.
Click the DJI on top left.
Went to maps menu (DJI GO 4, main page), fourth icon, top left.
Downloaded the area maps where I'm at.
Restarted. All good. Got the maps (last 2 pics).

I had to poke the bear!
Here's where I thought I really messed up......

Went back to maps menu and thought I'd delete the downloaded maps and repeat the process.. Just to be sure this all worked correctly.
On my downloaded maps page (again, in DJI GO 4), I saw that there were duplicates of the downloaded maps of my area.
Deleted them both.
Restarted.
Attempted to download maps again.
Download would start, then get stuck at 47%.
Cancelled, restarted, waited. Rinse / repeat, etc..
No luck getting maps to download (would continually stick at 47%) and now my maps page would only show the GEO areas but no streets.

Slight panic mode sets in thinking I just put myself in that guy's boat.

Went through all menus I could think of on remote looking for issues/update's, etc.
Attached drone to DJI Assistant 2 on PC.
Synced, and also checked for updates.
Still no maps.

Here's the fix (was for me anyway).

Place finger top / middle of Pro Plus controller screen.
Swipe down. Should see the Volume and Brightness menu.
Below that, I see a box that reads an update for DJI GO 4 was available, version V4.3.14 (8-dpad)
Click the button and download the new DJI GO 4 app.
Followed installation instructions after download.

Restart.
Maps returned right away!
This means they were coming thru my wifi.

Downloaded my area maps again.
This time, the download did not hesitate and went right through to completion at 100%.
Learned something today.
Even though I thought all my firmware and software were current, they were not.
The usual menu I see after start up (MC Menu) and the Systems Settings (then Update) menu on DJI GO 4, do not tell you if there is a new version of DJI GO 4.

After the update, it's all good again.

Hope this helps others.

Anyone with the Standard Phantom 4 Pro controller (GL300F), pay no attention to any of the above.

THIS ONLY APPLIES TO THE PHANTOM 4 PRO PLUS - GL300E remote controller.

They are two different animals.

WfsjhT2.jpg

h1zOdtN.jpg

QPtvhGx.jpg

zLefmVZ.jpg
Your method of fixing the problem relies on a functioning map app button (fourth from the left).
Unfortunately, the button you mention does not work on most of the drone owners (myself included) who suffer this problem. I wish I was able to use this repair.
Any other work around you can think of would be greatly appreciated.

Reactions: 1EagleDave
Your method of fixing the problem relies on a functioning map app button (fourth from the left).
Unfortunately, the button you mention does not work on most of the drone owners (myself included) who suffer this problem. I wish I was able to use this repair.
Any other work around you can think of would be greatly appreciated.
Camkay,
Note that this was two years ago when I originally posted this fix. It only applied to the Phantom 4 Plus Version 1. Received many complements from other fellow flyers that followed the instructions and were able to regain their maps. I'm sure there have many changes to software/firmware since then that would negate all this but back then it worked great. Best of luck in finding the fix today. If this is still an issue, I'm sure others would appreciate a post with an update outlining the steps to be taken for the fix, when you do.

I found a fix that worked for me posted by Jeffdevs titled: "FIX for p4p+ no maps"
It used a download file to fix the issue of the frozen app.
You guys are all great on this site and I really appreciate your assistance.

Reactions: 1EagleDave
I wonder if you got your maps working. In the case you did not, I went through the no maps problem. I got them working and the setup seems to be solid. Part of the steps was installing v4.3.37 Go4. That got my maps back but Go4 kept crashing.

The combination that is solid for me is:
Controller V1.4.1.0 (I had tried 1.4.3.0 and I had trouble when trying to install 3rd party apps)
Go4 4.3.14

I got my V1.4.1.0 from Dank Drone Downloader - Web App
I got my Go 4 from HiDrive with a password of help100

I cannot take any credit for any of this, I only finally found an instruction set that worked for me. The only thing I varied from in the instructions is updating my AC firmware.

I originally found the instructions (after two evenings used up trying to solve this) at: Pro+ Controller Firmware

I hope this saves you some grief and valuable time.

IMG_4843.JPG

IMG_4778.JPG

I wonder if you got your maps working. In the case you did not, I went through the no maps problem. I got them working and the setup seems to be solid. Part of the steps was installing v4.3.37 Go4. That got my maps back but Go4 kept crashing.

The combination that is solid for me is:
Controller V1.4.1.0 (I had tried 1.4.3.0 and I had trouble when trying to install 3rd party apps)
Go4 4.3.14

I got my V1.4.1.0 from Dank Drone Downloader - Web App
I got my Go 4 from HiDrive with a password of help100

I cannot take any credit for any of this, I only finally found an instruction set that worked for me. The only thing I varied from in the instructions is updating my AC firmware.

I originally found the instructions (after two evenings used up trying to solve this) at: Pro+ Controller Firmware

I hope this saves you some grief and valuable time.

View attachment 122537

View attachment 122538Did you download it to an micro sd card and put it into micro sd slot on the controller?

whoops sorry,

Did you download it to an micro sd card and put it into micro sd slot on the controller?

DJI is something else. I just did this is 5 minutes or less. When I spent forever with DII. Cheers guys!!!

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik