Map not showing up in DJI Go app on my iPad mini

Reaction score
For the past 2 years my DJI Go app has been working very well on my iPad Mini (most recent model for the past year). In the last couple weeks the map has vanished. I'm at home and connected to Wi-fi. When I open the app and select Camera, the map in the corner remains gray and the scale changes from 0-200 ft to 0 to 0 ft. No map appears. After n earlier flight it had the map and the route I flew. Then when I went to use it more recently the map was gone and so was my previous route trace line.

I don't know if it's related but I've been having difficulty with the usual photo thumbnails that show up when you sync your data to the cloud are not showing up at all or only 1 of them. I've uploaded a img screenshot of what I'm referring to.

Attachments

• IMG_0068.jpg
    IMG_0068.jpg
    353.7 KB · Views: 621
Uninstall the app and reinstall. It fixed the same issue with mine. Dont forget to recheck your settings after the reinstall.

Uninstall the app and reinstall. It fixed the same issue with mine. Dont forget to recheck your settings after the reinstall.
The reinstall will be with the latest update. No?

Had the smae problem, re-installed the app, all good. As HWCM mentioned, verify your settings, mine had changed a bit in places.

... and yes, if you install from the Store it will be latest version avaialble to you.

For the past 2 years my DJI Go app has been working very well on my iPad Mini (most recent model for the past year). In the last couple weeks the map has vanished. I'm at home and connected to Wi-fi. When I open the app and select Camera, the map in the corner remains gray and the scale changes from 0-200 ft to 0 to 0 ft. No map appears. After n earlier flight it had the map and the route I flew. Then when I went to use it more recently the map was gone and so was my previous route trace line.

I don't know if it's related but I've been having difficulty with the usual photo thumbnails that show up when you sync your data to the cloud are not showing up at all or only 1 of them. I've uploaded a img screenshot of what I'm referring to.

Been on quite the journey troubleshooting this summer with my IPAd mini 4 and want to share in case those with more knowledge and experience can help the rest of us..This seems like a good thread for this.. the mini 4 bought last year has 128gb and is wifi and cell enabled.

I fly my P3a, My P4 PRO, and my Mavic Pro everyday, if not at our RC Park on location at some shoots.

As the weather warmed up and coincidently more dji updates appeared I started experiencing an unacceptable number of green-screens and torn images and the like....even 6 feet away from from the controller. One of these contributed to my only crash with my P4 Pro..fortunately only cosmetic damage..was 15 feet away ..

This would happen on somedays and not others..the only common denominator that occurred to anyone was the hot days.

I started to use a sports wrap awkwardly draped around the mini..it helped significantly, but certainly not a good solution.

Then after a recent update for the P3A (July 7th ?) my map stopped working in DJI-Go.Meaning that nothing appeared in the map box at all, i.e. No red arrow, no course track, no rhumb line back to the controller. And no geo graphics. The radar screen would worked fine.

I could fly but I enjoy the security of "google" map.

Simultaneously the map box in DJI go-4 worked great for both the P4 PRO and Mavic pro. Also Litchi works great..

One other symptom. When instructed to reinstall the app, upon the first use the map worked great! Then when I would reopen on the second use the problem returned.

Okay some 3 hours with DJI Tech support, screenshots and numerous e mails no answer..no remedy.

Out of desparation I hired a consultant who I believe is a member of this forum..he has helped a generous number of DJI users all over the world.

He was most helpful and has shed at the least some inferences as what is perhaps going on.

First he has collected a fantastic database of issues and solutions from all over the world.

His theory is that the lastest 2 or 3DJI updates are strting to have problems that are overloading or "program blosted" to the point the mini 4 is having quite a struggle. He reported that most of his clients that migrated to the most recent IPAD PROS have eliminated a lot fo the "overheating" issues.

Our solution was to roll back to previous version of the DJI GO software and firmware. Wish it was something that DJI suggests but I have to be practical.

Second I have upgraded to a the most recent version pf the 10.5 inch IPAD PRO as I needed another controller system anyway.. It certainly has improved performance of the video dramatically. Hated to do this especially because DJI software was teh issue not the Mini 4.

There was another problem concerning DJI ASSISTANT he solved for me as well as I coudl not bringup the calibration screen due to an improperly dgitally signed driver (which was reported to DJI).Sorry to mention her I will psot this eleswhere.

Please let me have your feedback to all of this and other solutions you have found. I am grateful to your guidence and suggestions

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl