Map window not displaying on iOS 10.3.3 dji go 4 app 4.1.5

Reaction score
Is anyone else having map problems on iPad. I have two phantom 4's. One I use an iPad Air and the other I use an iPad mini 4. After upgrading the iOS to 10.3.3 on both the map window displays only a gray box. DJI support had me reload the drone firmware to no avail. The map display is still working fine in Litchi software.

I just had this happen to me. I deleted and reinstalled the DJI Go app and it worked again.

Reboot your iPad; press and hold the home button and off switch at the same time and keep holding until the Apple logo appears. Then retry the app.

Yes I do that and it only works once after the reinstall. When I shut down and restart everything after the first flight the map is grayed out again.

This is a silly question prolly but do u have the cache map feature on?
Also I select the hybrid view and knock on wood I have my maps in both.
I also use iPad Air 2 or iPad Pro 9.7.
Also works with 6s plus and yes it is the new 4.1.5 app

Yes I do that and it only works once after the reinstall. When I shut down and restart everything after the first flight the map is grayed out again.
Dang! I'm going to have to check mine..... Flew a couple of flights, but, didn't close down app between....

My iPad Air 2 is doing like yours now but the iPad Pro 9.7 and iPhone 6s Plus show the maps. They are all updated to the most recent apple update ( 10.3.3).
Hmmm that's weird. I will be interested in this post for my similar issues.
I wonder if the processor has anything to do with it.
The iPad Pro has the a9x chip the iPhone 6 s plus has a a9 and the iPad Air has the a8 chip.

I just deleted and reinstalled the dji go 4 app on my iPad Air 2 and now I have my maps back on the iPad Air 2. Thank goodness.
Maybe u can try this and see if it fixes yours

Is anyone else having map problems on iPad. I have two phantom 4's. One I use an iPad Air and the other I use an iPad mini 4. After upgrading the iOS to 10.3.3 on both the map window displays only a gray box. DJI support had me reload the drone firmware to no avail. The map display is still working fine in Litchi software.

I'm having this issue as well. Will try deleting and reloading - I hope it saves my settings.

After removing the dji go 4 app and reload, maps do not display again after first flight. Help :(

Dji support now says it is a known issue and a firmware update will be released tomorrow that will fix this issue. Got my fingers crossed.

To get your map back, try locking your map orientation. This worked for me. You may have to lock the map and close out DJI Go 4 app and then re-open it. Once I am airborne I unlock the map. If I power down for whatever reason, I have to start the process over. I have not tested caching a map yet. This seems to be a work around - now we wait for the fix !

Last edited:
So, nothing I've tried has restored the maps beyond one flight -- then last night I boot up and ... there my maps are again. Updated NFZ database, restarted, flew twice. Restarted Go twice, flew twice more. Maps there the entire time. Weird ...

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl