Manual mode/ gps turn off

Reaction score
Hi,
I'm aware of manual mode difficulties but it's time to activate it - my UAV exam forbids using GPS. I have difficulties finding how to switch to non-gps mode on P3P. Any help folks?

Hi,
I'm aware of manual mode difficulties but it's time to activate it - my UAV exam forbids using GPS. I have difficulties finding how to switch to non-gps mode on P3P. Any help folks?
When in pilot app, go into "camera" page (FPV page), open the settings menu (upper right icon, that with the four dots in square), then go to the craft settings (choose the upmost icon on the left pane), then "advanced settings" and finally "enable multiple flight mode". From now on the left switch on your RC lets you chose the desired flight mode.
Handle with care

There is no manual mode on the P3.
But you can fly without GPS in Atti mode.

+1
Does it clearly state that the test is done in MANUAL or does it say NO GPS? If NO GPS then just fly ATTI.

Thanks! It says no GPS, Attti it is then!

I was confused because when I switch the button on RC to "A", the app still shows the number of satellites connected and a statement safe to fly (and something with gps)

If the Flight Mode is P-ATT you are good to go for your test.
The drone will not mantain possition autonomusly and will drift with wind and this is what they want on the RPAS Pilot Certificate practical test.
Of course the Phantom in any case will keep receiving the Satellite signal but will not use it for flying.
ATT mode is what they want you to use on that checkride.

Could you just give me a rundown on the 3 position of the switch on remote and when they should be used? Tvankyou

The switch has 3 possitions. Considring you are holding the remote controller on a normal possition, the Flight Mode switch is on the front left side. It is labeled as P-A-F
The P is the mossition most to the right (while holding the controller correctly) and this is for the full GPS flying and the normal flying mode for most people.
The A that is the middle possition is for the Attitude Flight Mode, this is the one you are interested for the exam.
The F possition located on the left is for some extra functions you should not bother yourself with at this stage.
So for full GPS flying the switch has to be on P (Full right)
And for Attitude flying the switch has to be in the middle.
Hope this helps.

Reactions: Akrosfer
If the Flight Mode is P-ATT you are good to go for your test.
The drone will not mantain possition autonomusly and will drift with wind and this is what they want on the RPAS Pilot Certificate practical test.
Of course the Phantom in any case will keep receiving the Satellite signal but will not use it for flying.
ATT mode is what they want you to use on that checkride.
Ok, as a newbe....(<4 hrs flight time) what is the RPAS Pilot Certificate and where, how, does one go after it and for what reason (commercial flying?) does one want one?

Ok, as a newbe....(<4 hrs flight time) what is the RPAS Pilot Certificate and where, how, does one go after it and for what reason (commercial flying?) does one want one?
Thise depends where do you live/fly. Some countries require that certificate, others not. Some countries require it just for commercial flying some for any kind of RPAS flying,
You have to check it out with your local Aviation Authority

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31