Man.... this sucks

If somehow the formatting of the the area where the OS boots has any corruptions, updating firmware may not cure everything. If the RC is up I would use a pc or mac and Assistant2 to factory default it. That causes the DJI/Android recovery kernel to boot and reformat and load the default which should straighten out any wifi issues if it's not your router denying connection, but I suspect you would know if you have had similar issue before with your router. If not then it is the RC and likely an Assistant2 default and reload should do it.
Just saw this.... Will try later this evening.

See the pic... This is all I get.
dji.jpg

If you are using the USB to micro USB that came with the p4p (micro side goes to RC) and you are on a pc, do you hear the chime when you turn on the RC saying that windows is loading the driver? I suspect you are running into the issue with the later windows where the Assistant2 drivers didn't get updated due to improper signage. There is a thread about how to fix it, I will find it and post a link for you in a few

Reactions: runxtc
Swipe down from the top of the screen on the remote and it opens up a menu where you can log into your network.
Yeah... that's the problem.
If you are using the USB to micro USB that came with the p4p (micro side goes to RC) and you are on a pc, do you hear the chime when you turn on the RC saying that windows is loading the driver? I suspect you are running into the issue with the later windows where the Assistant2 drivers didn't get updated due to improper signage. There is a thread about how to fix it, I will find it and post a link for you in a few

Thank you!

I have pretty much given up on DJI. I talked to a rep who promised to e-mail me with details of replacing my controller and have not heard anything in the 48 hours promised. When I contacted them again they could not even provide me a case number but insisted I wait the 48 hours. I am well beyond the 48 hours and sitting here with a dead controller. I am going back to them today, but, for the most part I am no longer confident in DJI and their ability and desire to back up their products. Maybe I am just pissed that my controller worked when I sent it to them as they requested for an aircraft repair / replacement and it did not work when I got it back. I feel like I am being played. And yes, I do have the refresh program. It looks like the only way I will fly my phantom again is to repurchase the controller.

Reactions: Drusha
I have pretty much given up on DJI. I talked to a rep who promised to e-mail me with details of replacing my controller and have not heard anything in the 48 hours promised. When I contacted them again they could not even provide me a case number but insisted I wait the 48 hours. I am well beyond the 48 hours and sitting here with a dead controller. I am going back to them today, but, for the most part I am no longer confident in DJI and their ability and desire to back up their products. Maybe I am just pissed that my controller worked when I sent it to them as they requested for an aircraft repair / replacement and it did not work when I got it back. I feel like I am being played. And yes, I do have the refresh program. It looks like the only way I will fly my phantom again is to repurchase the controller.
No such problems with Autel so far.

I do have the old rev of firmware which was before the database and NFZ updates, it wont get you past having never logged in to activate the bird tho, if the factory default doesnt fix the wifi I wont know what to think. The bottom line is if you can see the wifi you want, then the wifi chip and antenna is working. If the router is playing ball and it wont connect via password, then it absolutely must be a firmware issue on the RC I think.

This is what I think as well. I just don't get why it worked before I sent it to DJI and it does not now as soon as I get it back from DJI. I have a replacement aircraft and the interaction I am having with DJI is very worrying, as they tell me I will receive an e-mail with replacement confirmation that is overdue. Same with re-contacts. "Wait 24 to 48 hours for case information." It still has not come.

In my experience with DJI, they are not on time like they say (48 hours) but they do come through in the end, it just takes an extra day or 2. Sometimes I think when they say 48 hours they mean 48 business hours, and you can never include weekends in their time estimate. Are you still at the point where you just cant get wifi to work so that you can login and get past the registration part? Did you check the serial number of the RC and is it a new one or your old one?

In my experience with DJI, they are not on time like they say (48 hours) but they do come through in the end, it just takes an extra day or 2. Sometimes I think when they say 48 hours they mean 48 business hours, and you can never include weekends in their time estimate. Are you still at the point where you just cant get wifi to work so that you can login and get past the registration part? Did you check the serial number of the RC and is it a new one or your old one?

Still cannot get WIFI to work. I think it is the same RC. No screen protector or anything I'd expect from a new. I am kind of burnt out on the DJI experience right now. I had decided to just wait for a replacement and fly the Autel for now. I am pretty patient, but tend to lose it when newly purchased products give me problems. I am going to call them tomorrow and talk to someone. btw Thanks for the help.... I have received much more input and suggestions here than from DJI.

You're welcome for the help, but I wish it led to an answer for you.
As far as the RC serial number, I looked at the email sent to me by DJI when my unit was returned for Care Refresh due to an RTH accident, it had the original SN's for my AC, RC and battery i needed to send back.
When I compared the SN's in the email to the SN's of my equipment I got back I could see that the AC and battery were new and the RC was the same SN so it was the one I sent in. You may want to check and see if it is new or your old one. Also did you ever get the Assistant2 to see your RC? If you did get that straightened out I would try rolling back top the old firmware and do a Factory default on it with Assistant2, it just might fix your problem. Let me know if Assistant2 sees your RC and I will shoot you a link to the old firmware rev.

You're welcome for the help, but I wish it led to an answer for you.
As far as the RC serial number, I looked at the email sent to me by DJI when my unit was returned for Care Refresh due to an RTH accident, it had the original SN's for my AC, RC and battery i needed to send back.
When I compared the SN's in the email to the SN's of my equipment I got back I could see that the AC and battery were new and the RC was the same SN so it was the one I sent in. You may want to check and see if it is new or your old one. Also did you ever get the Assistant2 to see your RC? If you did get that straightened out I would try rolling back top the old firmware and do a Factory default on it with Assistant2, it just might fix your problem. Let me know if Assistant2 sees your RC and I will shoot you a link to the old firmware rev.

I think I have to turn off some driver protection service in the bios of my p.c. The Assistant app only shows a picture with no options for doing anything. I've been distracted from getting this done by other things at home, plus I just want to go fly today..... :) Thanks!

Understand completely about being distracted, you will at some point need Assistant2 so you may want to do this at some point, you won't have to do any bios changes to do this and it is a very simple change to the "Advanced Startup Options" in Windows and this procedure worked perfectly for me even if I had to search the screen for the options called out, they were there somewhere on the screen...

1. First un-install Assistant2 from PC.

2. Then follow this procedure

a. Press the Win + C and click on PC settings.
b. Switch over to the “Update & recovery” section.
c. Then click on the Recovery option on the left hand side.
d. Once selected, you will see an advanced startup section appear on the right hand side. You will need to click on the “Restart now” button.
e. Once your Computer has rebooted you will need to choose the Troubleshoot option.
f. Then head into Advanced options.
g. Then Startup Settings.
h. Since we are modifying boot time configuration settings, you will need to restart your computer one last time.
I. Here you will be given a list of startup settings that you can change. The one we are looking for is “Disable driver signature enforcement”. To choose the setting, you will need to press the F7 key.

3. Install Assistant2 again. Since driver signature enforcement is turned off now the correct drivers will be able to be installed this time

Finally. Today is Saturday. I had to e-mail DJI and explain my issue(s) and finally I have both a response and shipping labels. They are not clear on replacing the RC or Repairing it and it is not clear if they are charging me or not.... It's the little things, I find missing from my Phantom service experience.
Anyway, I went to download the return form and now it will not load..... it did a few days ago. So.... as I drum my fingers on my desk, I will wait another day. All is well that ends well?

Reactions: railimages
Finally. Today is Saturday. I had to e-mail DJI and explain my issue(s) and finally I have both a response and shipping labels. They are not clear on replacing the RC or Repairing it and it is not clear if they are charging me or not.... It's the little things, I find missing from my Phantom service experience.
Anyway, I went to download the return form and now it will not load..... it did a few days ago. So.... as I drum my fingers on my desk, I will wait another day. All is well that ends well?
Still waiting. They have sent me notifications that they received, repaired the RC. Approximately 6 days left for return. No charge. Considering service times, I may consider flying my Autel for prepping shots, videos and save the DJI for specialty or final shoots. Just want to maximize availability.

I, for one, will not use unsigned and registered drivers, so DJI Assistant is not installed. It is stupid and lazy for DJI to put these out without them being signed and tested.

Ta da! Finally received the RC from DJI. I have gotten in the habit of flying the Autel XStar to the point where I don't even miss the Phantom since it has been down so long. This weekend I will set it up and start flying. Thanks everyone who commented and offered help and or advice.

Reactions: HighTechPauper
Ta da! Finally received the RC from DJI. I have gotten in the habit of flying the Autel XStar to the point where I don't even miss the Phantom since it has been down so long. This weekend I will set it up and start flying. Thanks everyone who commented and offered help and or advice.
If you have lots of experience with the X Star, I think you should start a thread comparing the DJI to the X Star. I think that would be an interesting read, telling where the Xstar excels and falls short of the DJI craft you own. I'm not interested in the DJI problems you've had, as much as how the two craft fly and the capabilities of the app and ease of use, etc. I hope Autel grows into a contender because competition helps move the technology forward, and keep the price down.

If you have lots of experience with the X Star, I think you should start a thread comparing the DJI to the X Star. I think that would be an interesting read, telling where the Xstar excels and falls short of the DJI craft you own. I'm not interested in the DJI problems you've had, as much as how the two craft fly and the capabilities of the app and ease of use, etc. I hope Autel grows into a contender because competition helps move the technology forward, and keep the price down.

Good idea. Mostly I believe the DJI is superior as a working platform. It has more features based on what I remember. It is a smoother ride and the Tripod mode makes a lot of sense over the Autel's somewhat jerky response to movement. The Autel is more fun as it is harder to damage whether via pilot error or other. I will be practicing using the Autel to set up shots and prepare for shoots then launch the DJI to compare for a finished product video / photography. Autel is testing new firmware that will make flying and positioning smoother is my understanding, so I may well take your suggestion seriously after that update is available. Thanks for the idea.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ODIN Reviews