Man.... this sucks

Reaction score
I got my Phantom 4 Pro Plus back. It was replaced via the Refresh plan. I was totally excited to fly it when I discovered it will not activate because the RC will not connect to my wifi. I messed with it last night and got a connection showing an IP address but continued to get errors stating Network Unavailable, Check Internet Connection. DJI is unable to determine why it will not connect so I have to wait 3 weeks for another RC now.

Yes, I read all of the threads related to this issue from July 2-4 2017. The DJI folks said I should update firmware but when I asked how to or where to get the files he went on to trying to troubleshoot. He ended up telling me to send it back. It worked perfect before I sent it back for the aircraft replacement.

I ran diags on my router and everything checks out, all other devices connect fine.

Disappointment Day..... :(

I am going to review threads again..... and fly my Autel.

Last edited:
Wondering if anyone is familiar with the WiFi pin entry. Anyone know where to enter it? I see WPS pin in router which is generated randomly. The RC will generate a pin... This almost sounds like something I did when I got the Phantom. Can't remember for sure.

If the +RC comes up good after the local update try to connect to wifi again, I would stay away from pins, just pick network and use password, if that works don't forget to immediately update the AC using the USB and USB/OTG cables that came with your kit and don't forget the OTG cable has to plug into the AC per the diagram it shows you on the screen.

With WPS you can usually pick Pin Mode or Push Button Mode for how you want it to work but it has never been setup on my router because I have never used it. If I enabled it, it would be defaulted to Push Button Mode and I know Pin Mode can be a bugger so I have always stayed away from using that. After the update are you still having trouble with wifi? If so I would use Assistant2 to do a "factory default" on the controller.

If the +RC comes up good after the local update try to connect to wifi again, I would stay away from pins, just pick network and use password, if that works don't forget to immediately update the AC using the USB and USB/OTG cables that came with your kit and don't forget the OTG cable has to plug into the AC per the diagram it shows you on the screen.

Got an update failed error code 800. Reformatting SD to Fat 32 and trying again.
Second time worked. V is now 1.2.0.0 verses 1.1.1.1

Last edited:
Reactions: andy_k
can you connect to your router's home page (depending on make it will be something like 192.168.3.1) There you can see if anything is blocking new connections - if there is then turn it off. Check the router is using WPA2

If somehow the formatting of the the area where the OS boots has any corruptions, updating firmware may not cure everything. If the RC is up I would use a pc or mac and Assistant2 to factory default it. That causes the DJI/Android recovery kernel to boot and reformat and load the default which should straighten out any wifi issues if it's not your router denying connection, but I suspect you would know if you have had similar issue before with your router. If not then it is the RC and likely an Assistant2 default and reload should do it.

Sorry. Had to wait for market to close. FB earnings.
But no. I think I am in a little worse situation. All that I can access now is the log in screen for DJI. It comes up when it boots. Then I see a brief message about missing files. Also that I must log in to DJI to proceed. Not sure what to do next.

Sorry. Had to wait for market to close. FB earnings.
But no. I think I am in a little worse situation. All that I can access now is the log in screen for DJI. It comes up when it boots. Then I see a brief message about missing files. Also that I must log in to DJI to proceed. Not sure what to do next.
It appears to be ... what's the term "bricked" at this time. No access to other menus. Wondering if I can find a way around this.

If somehow the formatting of the the area where the OS boots has any corruptions, updating firmware may not cure everything. If the RC is up I would use a pc or mac and Assistant2 to factory default it. That causes the DJI/Android recovery kernel to boot and reformat and load the default which should straighten out any wifi issues if it's not your router denying connection, but I suspect you would know if you have had similar issue before with your router. If not then it is the RC and likely an Assistant2 default and reload should do it.
Just saw this.... Will try later this evening.

If this is a new bird and you have never "activated it" by logging into your DJI account, then you are a bit stuck without wifi.
Where you able to use the USB to USB micro to do a factory reset through Assistant2 software on a PC or MAC?

And the part about missing files is no big deal, it is NFZ updates and the like for the rev you are on, that is completely normal at this time since no network connection.

I do have the old rev of firmware which was before the database and NFZ updates, it wont get you past having never logged in to activate the bird tho, if the factory default doesnt fix the wifi I wont know what to think. The bottom line is if you can see the wifi you want, then the wifi chip and antenna is working. If the router is playing ball and it wont connect via password, then it absolutely must be a firmware issue on the RC I think.

It appears to be ... what's the term "bricked" at this time. No access to other menus. Wondering if I can find a way around this.
Swipe down from the top of the screen on the remote and it opens up a menu where you can log into your network.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobDan