Making Noise!

Reaction score
I know this is the opposite of what most people are looking for but I'd like to use my PS3 to herd feral goats away from my property. I'm basically looking for any suggestions as to how to make the PS3 noisier. Any ideas? Obviously I don't want any permanent changes as most of the time I'd like it to be nice and quiet.

Welcome to the forum!

Cards in the propellers. :rolleyes:

Sorry that was too easy. :D

Rod

Reactions: KentA and Amergin
Hum, So far I have only thought up a mp player with an amplified speaker, you could change what noises are most effective. Dog, Coyote, Bear, Freight Train, Your mother in law, etc...

Rod

Thanks 120CCPM, RodPad and Erised, so I suppose my next question is, can the PS3 carry additional weight and, if so, where is it best to attach it and how much can it carry?

It will lift this small weight but you will loose some air time. I would probably use a trackimo holder like this one for the battery and zip tie the emmiter on a front leg pointing forward.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Reactions: Amergin
There is also other baskets for different gps' that uses the same type of mounting to your craft. I find this type easy to mount and you can leave just the light mount on your craft for your next sheep run as the weight is minimal.

There is also other baskets for different gps' that uses the same type of mounting to your craft. I find this type easy to mount and you can leave just the light mount on your craft for your next sheep run as the weight is minimal.
Thanks Erised, great idea. I'm going to see if I can botch something together using an iPod nano and a speaker unless I can find some ready made device which just emits noise.

Yeah, I guess my thought was what gets our attention is something that is annoying to us, what noises spook different animals is going to very.
I would try some of those cheap lightweight gizmos.;)

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Rod

Forget herding with your drone, a .22 makes plenty of noise, and insures several will never return.
Our area is suffering severe coyote issues... they get chased with .556's and a BFS-III trigger mod from Franklin Armory.

Now I'll sit back and wait for all the PETA ppl to defend these unchecked killing machines. Dont worry, their populations are fine...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.