Major Vibrations P3P

It seems 1.4 the vibrations are a bit calmer. Doesn't vibrate to much. However... I noticed the Phantom dropping in altitude randomly then stabilizes itself when hovering with the 1.5 firmware and now 1.4. I guess when you install 1.5, you're pretty much screwed even going back to 1.4. Dji needs to address this and correct it ASAP

It seems 1.4 the vibrations are a bit calmer. Doesn't vibrate to much. However... I noticed the Phantom dropping in altitude randomly then stabilizes itself when hovering with the 1.5 firmware and now 1.4. I guess when you install 1.5, you're pretty much screwed even going back to 1.4. Dji needs to address this and correct it ASAP
One question: Do you use stock DJI props or aftermarket third party?

I'm surprised why u guys are so unlucky.

One question: Do you use stock DJI props or aftermarket third party?

I'm surprised why u guys are so unlucky.
The stock ones. I never had this issue until I upgraded to 1.5. Now when I go back to 1.4, it's still there but much calmer like I said in my above post.

I had some vibration on my third flight, wasn't sure if it was the wind or something else, today it was cold in my living room so I did a IMU cal and gimbal cal, flew today and it was rock steady.

I made sure the place I did the IMU cal was spot on flat and level

I had some vibration on my third flight, wasn't sure if it was the wind or something else, today it was cold in my living room so I did a IMU cal and gimbal cal, flew today and it was rock steady.

I made sure the place I did the IMU cal was spot on flat and level
Yeah I did my cold IMU calibration outside. It's cold her in Toronto. The surface was level. The Phantom stays steady. Maybe it was drifting because of the slight wind that came and went. The vibrations to the gimbal/camera though was still there... just calmer than what I saw with 1.5 installed.

I have a p3 I bought early November. Haven't done any fw upgrades, in fact I have no clue what version I'm running. P3 flew rock solid with old motors. Did an app update earlier this week and didn't get a chance to fly until saturday. Immediatly I noticed a nasty vibration at hover. Makes pulsing sound. Arms also shake at idle on the ground. I have balanced all my stock props on dubro balancer. This never happened before app upgrade. I'm thinking this may be a dji go app issue possibly. Just a thought.

Just to clarify:
Under 1.4fw, there aren`t this problems, right?
Well it seems if you already updated to 1.5 and notice the vibrations in the gimbal/camera when hovering, 1.4 will still have it. It seems it just calms it down a bit. So whatever 1.5 did, screwed up the software. DJI has to correct it in a new firmware. Hopefully it's done before April or else I got to send my Phantom in for repair.

Vibrations here too on 1.5, hover position is poor, altitude drops too.

Sent from my SM-G925K using Tapatalk

The vibrations are still there. I did a IMU calibration and lowered the roll gain setting to 90% like you did. It did help. Going to do another IMU calibration later tonight when it's a bit colder and see if it helps.

So I set everything in gains to 95% except vertical, left that at 100%. Vibrations to the gimbal unit is still present, but not as bad. Just sucks, you won't be able to shoot any long exposures beyond 2 secs with these vibrations. The 2 pins that hold the white shock absorbs to the gimbal unit is loose, would that be a cause for the vibrations? Or are those 2 plastic pins suppose to be tight with the bottom plastic nut piece?

I have the same issue with this vibration after I upgraded to 1.5. When I start the motors in the house I don't see any vibration (I don't fly in the house of course :)), but when I go outside it gets vibrating on the ground and also if it hovers in the air. The only difference is that I don't have GPS signal in the house so I tried it in ATTI mode outdoor and it helped. I know that this is not a solution because P-GPS mode is much more safer to fly, but this is why I'm sure that the firmware causes the problem. It controls the aircraft incorrectly. I have old motors btw.
I tried the new FW 1.6 but it didn't solve it.

What do you think about that? Did someone try ATTI and had the same experience?

My vibration problems are really bad but only when hoovering..... tryed downgrading and then back up, that did nothing! havnt done the latest update as my p3 is slow as it is and dji says that latest upgrade for cold weather will reduce the speeds so i dont want to do that and I cant find an answer to if the speed stays reduced forever or only till the battery warms up and I have no battery problems in any temperature so i didnt bother, guess i will have to though once the upgrade to fix this horrible vibration problem comes out.

Hello everybody!!

I've been abroad for almost one month, without my bird, but now I see that this discussion is not crowded. Maybe the vibration issues have been solved? I know that a new 1.6 firmware has been released, but seems not to be the definitive solution.
What solutions have you found then? I'm still at the 1.5 firmware.

Thank you all.

Fabio

For what it's worth .. I upgraded to 1.6 on my brand new p3p ... Imu cal on a wooden table (that I thought was level) .. Flew .. Slight vibrations and at a hover .. She was tilted ever so slightly to the left as if it was pushing back against a breeze . Went back home... Took my level out and realized my table wasn't quite level .. Levelled it out perfectly .. And did another Imu cal and now solid as a rock. I'm thinking it may be people having an Imu cal that's just a little off ?

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Reactions: Fabio Dellino
Anyone who's having vibrations .. Would you try using a level to be sure and doing a fresh imu cal and see if that helps at all ?

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Reactions: Fabio Dellino

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DonT