Major Vibrations P3P

Yes let me know...I think if it was firmware issue, more poeple would be complaining..I just hope its something I can fix rather than giving it over to DJI...arghhhh..
Well, a group of us are having this exact issue over in the standard discussion, so something should be done at this point.

Downgraded to 1.4.
Upgraded to 1.5.
Imu done.

No vibration any more

I tried this and it didn't work for me. Did you downgrade then fly then upgrade and calibrate the IMU or did you downgrade to 1.4 and right behind it upgrade to 1.5 then calibrate the IMU?

I tried this and it didn't work for me. Did you downgrade then fly then upgrade and calibrate the IMU or did you downgrade to 1.4 and right behind it upgrade to 1.5 then calibrate the IMU?

nope mate - I did wait a while and the drone was on but not running
I did do a imu and gimbal calibration before physically taking off

Flew another battery today, no vibration as far as I can see...flew absolutely perfect...no drifting, hovered on a dime...no NO SIGNAL issues at all anymore...hopefully it stays like this...

I've tried downgrading and upgrading again. I now made a test flight of the previous firmware, and it is of course without wobble! Right after I updated back to the newest, the wobble started. I also have bad horizont drifting issue. + I still see some sideways drift when trying to fly forward and backward.

The very funny story is that my p3p has vibration, the p3a nothing... Same blades ... Same motors, same fw, same calibrations..

Here's what I did..upgraded to 1.5 did imu said calibrating but didn't get the blue bar...flew and had vibration..downgraded then upgraded and did imu again, still did cal but no blue status bar, still had vibration...Uninstaller the go app and reinstalled it, downgraded to 1.4 and did imu, got the blue status bar, flew on 1.4 no vibration but drifted like crazy...wouldn't stay put during a hover...flew for a battery on 1.4 then upgraded to 1.5 and did imu cal, blue status bar worked..went out for a flight and vibration was gone as far as I can see...not sure if any of this mattered but I flew 2 batteries so far and again no vibration as far as I can see...btw I have a P3P

Interesting. My status bar worked during all these IMU calibrations I tried. I might try reinstalling the go app, but i'm quite tired of trying today.

Is it possible to update the controller to the latest firmware and leave the P3P at 1.4? will this affect anything. At this moment that's what I'm thinking about doing until 1.6 or whateva the next update is.

I flew mine with new controller software and 1.4 had no problems but I did get the drift which was always a problem for me in 1.4
Ok cool. I'm going to try this for a while simply bc I don't fly all the time. I had 1.5 on the P3P I returned and was not happy with the vibration. Now that I have a completely new one I rather not deal with vibration going to wait for a resolution.

My experience with these FWs that one should boot P3 or RC after update and then try any operation.

So sequence for P3 update should be:

Downgrade to 1.4
Reboot P3
Upgrade to 1.5
Reboot P3

Turn on RC and try next operations.

I'd like to get involved in this thread as well. I've been experiencing vibration issues as well with my Phantom 3 pro with 1.5 firmware. If I have the phantom on a level surface with the props off, and I start the motors, all is good. The motors don't vibrate the arms at all, even when I rev it a bit, nothing. The moment I slap on the props and hover it, the gimbal/camera starts to vibrate off and on, not consistently. So I thought, oh maybe my props are unbalanced. I remembered DJI gave me spare props, brand new ones too. So I opened them up, and put them on my Phantom. Took it outside and allowed it to hover, same vibrations again. I've tried going back to 1.4, but the issue is still there, but not as bad.

Everything on the DJI Go app is set to default. The settings in the gain is all default set to 100%. Not sure if I need to adjust that to fix the vibration though. I need to do a IMU calibration again though because I reinstalled 1.4 again because I was fed up with 1.5.

Has anyone found a cure to this awful disease DJI infected their Phantoms with? lol

I'd like to get involved in this thread as well. I've been experiencing vibration issues as well with my Phantom 3 pro with 1.5 firmware. If I have the phantom on a level surface with the props off, and I start the motors, all is good. The motors don't vibrate the arms at all, even when I rev it a bit, nothing. The moment I slap on the props and hover it, the gimbal/camera starts to vibrate off and on, not consistently. So I thought, oh maybe my props are unbalanced. I remembered DJI gave me spare props, brand new ones too. So I opened them up, and put them on my Phantom. Took it outside and allowed it to hover, same vibrations again. I've tried going back to 1.4, but the issue is still there, but not as bad.

Everything on the DJI Go app is set to default. The settings in the gain is all default set to 100%. Not sure if I need to adjust that to fix the vibration though. I need to do a IMU calibration again though because I reinstalled 1.4 again because I was fed up with 1.5.

Has anyone found a cure to this awful disease DJI infected their Phantoms with? lol
I've notice this very thing happen with my bird. So I downgrade to 1.4 tested it and I did not witness any vibrations, but it did have the dreaded drift. So... I tried the downgrade>upgrade with firmwares...again... But this time I did a COLD imu calibration and lowered all the gains to 90, that seemed to eliminate the vibrations I witnessed above. A great tip I found on DJI's p3 forum

Reactions: Kevin Cabral
When I went to 1.4 it stopped but I had way to many problems with drifting on 1.4...mine vibrates very little on 1.5 now after several times upgrading and downgrading (you can see what I did in previous posts) I truly believe this is a firmware issue...I haven't seen anyone else with vibration issues on 1.4, just drifting issues which 1.5 fixed so I prefer to stay on 1.5...1.4 drift on my P3P is rediculous

Reactions: Kevin Cabral
Yeah I would like to stay on 1.5, but I don't know. I installed 1.4 earlier today, never did a IMU cal though. So I'm not sure if I should reinstall 1.4 again, then install 1.5 once again. Maybe double installing it would help? I dunno... Then try 1.5 again and see what happens with 100% gain. I tried 90%, but I didn't like how the Phantom responds. My definition would be, the Phantom acts as if it's 'fat', just responds slow and lazy. However, setting the gain all to 90% did calm down the vibrations seen on the gimbal/camera.

Reactions: NYRangers99

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dlr11164