Maiden Phantom Flight

Reaction score
After several months of reading manuals and viewing how to videos I finely got the courage to fly my Phantom today. After going through my checklist, take off was a tip over and the Phantom went upside down! No harm done except for my pride. I then remembered that a video I saw where some pilots switch to Atti mode for T.O. I did that and T O was perfect. I then switched back to GPS mode. Flew for about 10 minutes getting use to the controls and how the Phantom handled. My thumbs stopped shaking about 5 minutes into the flight. Did not fly over 20 feet high. Also I am flying without gimble and camera. As a new pilot I won't to take all precautions and get at least 5 hrs of flight before I add gimble and camera. Hand caught the Phantom and was very happy with my maiden flight! Just thought I would share.

Reactions: Motorotor
take off was a tip over and the Phantom went upside down
Did you take off at full throttle (left stick the whole way up)? If not, try that until you're about 10 feet up. The Phantom doesn't like to be eased up into the air.

Did you take off at full throttle (left stick the whole way up)? If not, try that until you're about 10 feet up. The Phantom doesn't like to be eased up into the air.

Thanks msinger for your reply. Yes, from now own I will give it full throttle til phantom gets about 10 feet up and start from there.

You do not need to use ATTI mode to take off. GPS mode, full throttle until it is at 8-10 feet, then let the throttle recentre.

Last edited:
You do not need to use ATTI mode to take off. GPS mode, full throttle until it is at 8-10 feet, the let the throttle recentre.
images4HKE7OJ0.jpg
..I'm with Hughie 100 %

Reactions: Hughie
Reactions: hychewright

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20