Low flying jet almost wacked me

Reaction score
So I was filming a couple buddies skating . I must have been at about 150 - 200 feet when suddenly I heard it and I went down immediately. In the footage there is audio and car alarms are going off.you also see a perfect shadow of a fighter plane pass right over

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190704-032155.png
    Screenshot_20190704-032155.png
    990.8 KB · Views: 631
Say ya got the audio in the footage....well let’s hear it and see it. .
Welcome to the forum by the way. ?

Wow!! That was ridiculous.
I live under wide open class G airspace. We have a group of 35 drone pilots and there are actually many more around. Our problem has been C-130s from an Air Force base that is nit even close by. They like to fly over our are and tour our little lakes. They are also flying far less than 400 feet from the tops of think lines were we often fly to get the best footage.
C-130s are slow but it is concerning when they come in so close to us.
Your video and experience is defiantly far outside an normal condition.

It would appear that the jet was off to the left of your position, so at least not on a collision course. Descending was the correct thing to do.

Reactions: LARA images
Thanks for posting the video. I hope that never happens to me!

Click-bait title.

Skating in traffic, flying over people and moving cars... that's 'wacked' [sic]!

Reactions: LARA images
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

He was moving - around 360 mph based on 30 fps. Unfortunately I cannot think of any sufficiently accurate method to determine height from the shadow, even if the aircraft type were identified.

He was moving - around 360 mph based on 30 fps. Unfortunately I cannot think of any sufficiently accurate method to determine height from the shadow, even if the aircraft type were identified.
I was hoping that with the amount of detail the shadow has and the time being 11 am that it could be determined

Really? Your telling me that ? I'm not happy with your reply. If anything I was sharing this so you guys can see this amazing footage. People like u make me wanna keep my footage private

Just pointing out three things I've never done.

Amazing is a matter of opinion.

If people like you are gonna put things on the web in a chat forum (to last for as long as we can imagine) they should expect that not everyone will have the same opinion.

Not sure why my opinion should affect your happiness.

Anyways thanks for watching everyone. I don't know if you guys saw but you can see a shock wave right after it passes with is just crazy.. there was no warnings no zones .I guarantee I would have been to blame for crashing into the billion dollar plane

Just pointing out three things I've never done.

Amazing is a matter of opinion.

If people like you are gonna put things on the web in a chat forum (to last for as long as we can imagine) they should expect that not everyone will have the same opinion.

Not sure why my opinion should affect your happiness.
It doesn't. I was never flying over people or cars though. I was clearly off to the side over the dirt... Safety first

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31