Low flying jet almost wacked me

July 4th.
On that specific date, low "patriotic" military flyovers common
all over US in places where its not normal. That pilot may have
had long list of VFW halls, outdoor citizenship ceremonies, etc.,
on flight itinerary...

> I would have been to blame for crashing into the billion dollar plane

Don't forget (300) people killed while watching TV
in their apartment buildings + homes. Oh Lord.

Last edited:

I wasn't even flying at the time, but had a similar experience while standing in my driveway. It all happened in the course of 4 seconds.
I became aware of a low roaring sound on the western horizon, which in a count of 2 seconds became something like a C5A Galaxy, whose wingspan exceeded the boundaries of my lot and blocked out the sky. A 1/2 second more, and it was gone, 2 more seconds and the roar faded away to the east. As it passed overhead, the tops of trees started to swirl, as if a gust of wind hit them. If I had to guess, I'd say the plane was 120-130' above ground as it passed directly over my house.
Later that day, I learned that the military was doing radar avoidance drills. The flight did not show up on FlightRadar24, nor did the local airport control tower know anything about it.
I really don't like it when the military plays fast and dangerous over residential areas. This sort of dangerous flying should be done over uninhabited areas.

I really don't like it when the military plays fast and dangerous over residential areas. This sort of dangerous flying should be done over uninhabited areas.
I wonder if they even care. I had an experience where TWO fighter jets flew over a small lake at very low altitude. You couldn't really hear them coming (the lake was in a crater-like depression in the ground) and it was over in just seconds, but for the period they were flying over, everybody was electrified. We felt like we were bouncing around on our heels in instantaneous fear, like a light switch went on. It was not a happy moment.

Chris

Yikes!

I had a similar experience shooting a ranch out in the middle of nowhere. I landed to change a battery on my Phantom 1 and all of the sudden this fighter jet flies like 200' over head! The lady casually says, "Oh yeah...they fly over our ranch all the time." It never occurred to me to ask the lady if she had any low-flying jets in her neighborhood hundreds of miles from the nearest airport....sheesh!!!

D

Anyways thanks for watching everyone. I don't know if you guys saw but you can see a shock wave right after it passes with is just crazy.. there was no warnings no zones .I guarantee I would have been to blame for crashing into the billion dollar plane
You got that right.... it would be your fault for not seeing and avoiding.

I know the feeling, F15’s are a daily occurrence at my house. The night shot was the 3rd of 4 that flew over and the day time was 2 of 3.

Glad I don't fly in your part of the world. Amazing footage, those birds didn't half scatter.

Villa nueva Guatemala! I am from justo rufinio barrios zona 21. I live in la now
Well, how about that! I know your home colonia. It is near Boca del Monte and I drive by there all the time on my way to the city or to go to the shopping center/ outdoor mall.

My initial thought was this was photoshopped. Yesterday I happened to review some photos I made back in 1973 and came across this photo showing low flying jet fighters (F-4) casting district shadows on the ground. Details - we were flying Visual Flight Rules (VFR) across Nebraska, headed generally west. Altitude was about 300-400 feet. Pilots had to keep a good watch for radio towers because we were so low. Ground speed was about 600 mph. Photo was made with a 24mm lens. Thought you all would find this interesting.
Low level cross country-2.JPG

My initial thought was this was photoshopped. Yesterday I happened to review some photos I made back in 1973 and came across this photo showing low flying jet fighters (F-4) casting district shadows on the ground. Details - we were flying Visual Flight Rules (VFR) across Nebraska, headed generally west. Altitude was about 300-400 feet. Pilots had to keep a good watch for radio towers because we were so low. Ground speed was about 600 mph. Photo was made with a 24mm lens. Thought you all would find this interesting.
View attachment 112778

What was photoshopped?

There seems to be a tail trailing from the rears of the two shadows, could this be the consequence of the refraction of the sun light through the hot exhaust?

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adrie