Lost signal 30m/50m

Reaction score
Hi folks,

I have a notorious known problem with distance (30m / 50m). I was browse whole internet and tryed everything, every possible combinations of login, logout, stop, reinstal dji go, even downgrade to previous firmware, but without success, still caged at 30/50 meters and dji go app calls red "SIGNAL LOST". My last steps after upgrade back to 1.09.02 was:

1. deleted cahe files and unistall dji go 3.1.26
2. install dji go 3.1.28 (last release)
3. login into app with internet connection and stop it
4. went outsidse, turn on RC, AC, wait for RC solid green
5. start app, tap camera, waited for safe to fly staus and home point recorded info
6. start motors, takoff and......signal lost at approx. 30m altitude

Before You asked: beginner mode is OFF and OFF all distancess as well

I think the remote controller and antenna is OK, because LOST OF SIGNAL is exclusively 50m / 30m and not random

I will appreciate any advice or what Im doing wrong?? Many thanks

Where are you flying? Is it near a restricted place such as an airport, hospital with helipad, etc...

Also I know its not ideal but a lot of people including me purchase litchi to stop dealing with all this hassle that DJI keeps doing

Reactions: Daz1965
Where are you flying? Is it near a restricted place such as an airport, hospital with helipad, etc...

Also I know its not ideal but a lot of people including me purchase litchi to stop dealing with all this hassle that DJI keeps doing
Im pretty sure, that all my trias were outside of any no fly or restricted zones

P3 Standard, with latest firmaware 1.09.02 (I thougt, that Im in dji P3 standard section)

I would actually open up the controller and check the wires so they are attached correctly inside the controller or re attach the wires again , I had a similar problem and re attaching the wires again fixed the problem.
Or you can just buy the Argtek modification.

You clearly are not logged into DJI if the results of the restrictions are so consistent. Log into DJI while your in the app. You may have to log out of DJI and then back in. This has to be done in the app, not just opening and closing the app.

I don't belive the app has any control over distance and/or altitude. Anyone can still fly without an app be it Go or Litchi.

You clearly are not logged into DJI if the results of the restrictions are so consistent. Log into DJI while your in the app. You may have to log out of DJI and then back in. This has to be done in the app, not just opening and closing the app.
without login, You cannot using the app anyway, You have only the invitation screen with comercial video....So Im pretty sure, that Im logged in

Hi folks,

I have a notorious known problem with distance (30m / 50m). I was browse whole internet and tryed everything, every possible combinations of login, logout, stop, reinstal dji go, even downgrade to previous firmware, but without success, still caged at 30/50 meters and dji go app calls red "SIGNAL LOST". My last steps after upgrade back to 1.09.02 was:

1. deleted cahe files and unistall dji go 3.1.26
2. install dji go 3.1.28 (last release)
3. login into app with internet connection and stop it
4. went outsidse, turn on RC, AC, wait for RC solid green
5. start app, tap camera, waited for safe to fly staus and home point recorded info
6. start motors, takoff and......signal lost at approx. 30m altitude

Before You asked: beginner mode is OFF and OFF all distancess as well

I think the remote controller and antenna is OK, because LOST OF SIGNAL is exclusively 50m / 30m and not random

I will appreciate any advice or what Im doing wrong?? Many thanks
Has this unit ever worked like it should?

Rod

Reactions: MotorCycle-Man
*IF* this is a new under warranty Drone......id send it back OR exchange it IF its never worked like its advertised to work...bottom line Send it to Dji for repairs ! Don't mess with it !

without login, You cannot using the app anyway, You have only the invitation screen with comercial video....So Im pretty sure, that Im logged in
Try logging out of and back into DJI. YOU have nothing to loose by trying it. The app does program the ac and will add the restrictions if the DJI log in has not been performed and it sees the current firmware version.

Try logging out of and back into DJI. YOU have nothing to loose by trying it. The app does program the ac and will add the restrictions if the DJI log in has not been performed and it sees the current firmware version.
Does anyone know for certain how these limits work? Wouldn't it just be distance limits reached (and it just stops and hovers) vs. lost signal?

Did You read my first post? Your procedure I tried a several times.....without success. Im affraid this is not about restrictions, but something wrong is with my RC / AC

Last edited:
Does anyone know for certain how these limits work? Wouldn't it just be distance limits reached (and it just stops and hovers) vs. lost signal?
I think so! If You under restrictions, from dji go You received msg: "Max distance reached" But in my case, the message is "Remote Controller Signal Weak" and suddenly "Signal lost" ....and follows return to home

In your first post you said you lose signal at "30m altitude". Maybe that's not what you meant, but if you are testing things out by sending your P3S straight up above you, that's the worst possible place when it comes to signal strength (because of antenna placement on the AC).

Assuming you really have range issues, @RodPad asked you a question you have not answered: is this a new problem, or has your P3S always acted that way? Also, is the unit still under warranty?

Reactions: RodPad
I think so! If You under restrictions, from dji go You received msg: "Max distance reached" But in my case, the message is "Remote Controller Signal Weak" and suddenly "Signal lost" ....and follows return to home
Sounds like a tranmission issue and not any restrictions being imposed by the GO app. I have found that I can fly further with my P3S when the antenna is at just a bit of angle. Not straight out ]---- and not straight up ]-I but at an angle ]-/.

If it's still under warranty I would send it in and have DJI take a closer look.

In your first post you said you lose signal at "30m altitude". Maybe that's not what you meant, but if you are testing things out by sending your P3S straight up above you, that's the worst possible place when it comes to signal strength (because of antenna placement on the AC).

Assuming you really have range issues, @RodPad asked you a question you have not answered: is this a new problem, or has your P3S always acted that way? Also, is the unit still under warranty?
Still under warranty (approx. 2 months old phantom) My first fligts was carrefully of course, but I think I have exceeded the mentioned limits 50 horizontal, 30 vertical....And no, I did not send PS3 straight above me, but around 5-10 meters from me.

You can look at the flight records in DJI GO to confirm whether on your first flights you were really able to get more range. If you were always and only able to reach <100m distance, then your best bet is to send the P3S back to DJI, as that's not right (of course, assuming you're doing these tests in an area with little interference).
If ALL your flights really stopped at 30m altitude and 50m distance, then I find difficult to believe it's a coincidence, even if you said you lose signal rather than receiving some sort of "max distance reached" warning.

I have same issue and get it when I am already a mile downrange with the drone, I get the same warning message and yes the distance limit is toggled off in the app!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.