Controller signal lost but video feed is perfect.

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I bought a lightly used P3S that has been working awesome so far and I'm super happy with everything so far other than one little annoyance.

I can fly her out to about 1,100 ft but then my controller signal gets weak and cuts out and it starts RTH. The weird part is that my video feed usually has full signal and I can see the feed perfectly on my phone. Yet I can't control it until it gets back closer to me. I've actually never lost video feed before because my controller cuts out well before.

I use Litchi since DJI Go crashes on my Moto G4 Play too much but I get the same issue when I use that app to anyways so I know it isn't Litchi.

Maybe the controller is jacked? The person I bought this from gave me their proof or purchase so it should still have warranty, does that include the controller too?

Anyone have any idea?

P3S signal is not great. What environment are you in? Any nearby wifi can interfere. And, as nwcove mentioned, antenna orientation is critical

Yeah, orientation is something I learned early on. I have it faced perpendicular and I've had it in all sorts of environments including all alone on the top of a mountain. I just think it'd strange the controller cuts out before the video since video in my mind has so much more data to transfer than simple controls. And when I lose control I can still see video perfectly and smoothly, battery info, GPS, etc. Just can't control it (shows 0 bars for my controller signal)

my friends p3s looses 5.8 before 2.4 , but its at the the 1000m range, the 2.4 gets choppy and the 5.4 drops in an instant, but with a tweak of the 5.4 antenna, and some steady hands, he can achieve another 400m before rth. ive seen his logs out close to 1.5 km bone stock,

As you probably know, the P3S radios (both 5.8GHz and 2.4GHz signals) self-adjust their output power based on the location you're flying, to be compliant to local regulations. More precisely, the P3S has 2 power levels: FCC (max distance approx 1000m/3200ft) and CE (max distance approx 500m/1600ft). If you're constantly losing control signal at 1100ft in FCC mode (opens space, no interferences), then you might have a problem. If you are in CE mode, then 1100ft sounds about right.

Reactions: epicdoom
As you probably know, the P3S radios (both 5.8GHz and 2.4GHz signals) self-adjust their output power based on the location you're flying, to be compliant to local regulations. More precisely, the P3S has 2 power levels: FCC (max distance approx 1000m/3200ft) and CE (max distance approx 500m/1600ft). If you're constantly losing control signal at 1100ft in FCC mode (opens space, no interferences), then you might have a problem. If you are in CE mode, then 1100ft sounds about right.
was gonna say pretty much the same thing Make sure if your in the US to turn off Amap for china mainland and calibrate map coordinates for China mainland its in the settings with the three dots like this ... right below the battery specs Icon

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj