Lost signal 30m/50m

I also seem to have the same problem, when I am about 30m away with 10-15m altitute the bars of the controller drops to 0 and I get signal lost followed by RTH. The video stream is still perfect though. Has anyone found a solution to this problem?

I also seem to have the same problem, when I am about 30m away with 10-15m altitute the bars of the controller drops to 0 and I get signal lost followed by RTH. The video stream is still perfect though. Has anyone found a solution to this problem?
I had this issue with my P3S. DJI replaced the main board and it's been fine ever since.

Hi folks,

I have a notorious known problem with distance (30m / 50m). I was browse whole internet and tryed everything, every possible combinations of login, logout, stop, reinstal dji go, even downgrade to previous firmware, but without success, still caged at 30/50 meters and dji go app calls red "SIGNAL LOST". My last steps after upgrade back to 1.09.02 was:

1. deleted cahe files and unistall dji go 3.1.26
2. install dji go 3.1.28 (last release)
3. login into app with internet connection and stop it
4. went outsidse, turn on RC, AC, wait for RC solid green
5. start app, tap camera, waited for safe to fly staus and home point recorded info
6. start motors, takoff and......signal lost at approx. 30m altitude

Before You asked: beginner mode is OFF and OFF all distancess as well

I think the remote controller and antenna is OK, because LOST OF SIGNAL is exclusively 50m / 30m and not random

I will appreciate any advice or what Im doing wrong?? Many thanks
Hi even though beginner mode is off, a safety distance can still be set if i remember correctly so go slowly through the setting and scroll down to check everything it sounds like you have registered your email address with dji so after all this has been checked i would do as the other person has suggested and open your controller up and check the three antenna leads inside controller very easy to do. it may void any warranty then once you have it all working look at getting litchi you may have to uninstall dji app on as android 6.01 marshmallow then when all is good you can move on to other mods that turn the p3s from a toy to a tool god knows how hard getting started can be with firmware on drone and controller and phone apps and imu having to warm up before you can get started. good luck

Reactions: Hounddog
I had this issue with my P3S. DJI replaced the main board and it's been fine ever since.
That's good to hear! Since mine is out of warrenty and there aren't any dji suppliers in my country, do you think installing the argtek mod might help with my range issue?

That's good to hear! Since mine is out of warrenty and there aren't any dji suppliers in my country, do you think installing the argtek mod might help with my range issue?
The stock antenna should enable you to fly much further than 30m. You could have a loose connection inside the controller. If you feel comfortable doing so, open the controller and take a look. I've seen two other threads lately where people have discovered the antenna was never actually connected. Glued, but not actually making contact with the transmitter.

On the other hand, it could be a loose connection on the AC. Those antennas run through the landing gear. A crash or hard landing could cause those to come loose.

Awesome, I will open it tonight and clean the connections. Thank you so much for all the help!

Awesome, I will open it tonight and clean the connections. Thank you so much for all the help!
10-4. If you go onto YouTube you can search for Itelite DBS and ArgTek installation videos. Use those to become familiar with what wires go where and what a good connection should look like.

10-4. If you go onto YouTube you can search for Itelite DBS and ArgTek installation videos. Use those to become familiar with what wires go where and what a good connection should look like.
So I opened it up, turns out that the outer antenna wire (the long plastic one) is loose from the female fitting(the one that connects to the board/chip?) ordered a new antenna from Amazon. Guess I'll wait till the 29th to see if it fixes my problem.

So I opened it up, turns out that the outer antenna wire (the long plastic one) is loose from the female fitting(the one that connects to the board/chip?) ordered a new antenna from Amazon. Guess I'll wait till the 29th to see if it fixes my problem.
That's your control signal which explains your issue. Be careful with that board. I've heard of guys damaging the connection. While you're waiting, research those videos I mentioned earlier. Worse case is you break it and have to purchase a new controller for around $75 but I doubt you will if you be careful. My DBS installation went smoother than I thought it would.

That's your control signal which explains your issue. Be careful with that board. I've heard of guys damaging the connection. While you're waiting, research those videos I mentioned earlier. Worse case is you break it and have to purchase a new controller for around $75 but I doubt you will if you be careful. My DBS installation went smoother than I thought it would.
So I got the antenna today, installed it, which was quite easy to do and it seems like my problem cleared up. I managed to get 250m disrance at about 100m altitude before RTH initiated. :)

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl