Lost Phantom 4. Lost video and transmitter connection and it didn't auto RTH.

I would still like to find out why I lost contact in the first place
to avoid doing it again.
You lost contact when you allowed the trees to come between the Phantom and remote controller. That completely blocked the remote controller signal.

WOW!!!
Thanks for your help! I'd like to find out were the flight record of the
included relative heights draw in can be located.

Hi Bill,

I'm not good at reading the raw data for things like stick movements etc. but those flight charts msinger makes screen shots of are actually pretty easy to see for yourself.

Download Google earth, it's free. Google Earth
On HealthyDrones on the overview tab there's a link to a KLM file of your flight.
Open the KLM file via the file -> open from the google earth application and play around with it.

This is one of my flights I was just messing with but I can't get it to show the actual height for some reason.
Capture.PNG

You lost contact when you allowed the trees to come between the Phantom and remote controller. That completely blocked the remote controller signal.

OK. But why didn't I get the connection back when it was hovering for two
minutes in plain sight? I lost the connection before the hover.

Thanks again,
Bill

Hi Bill,

I'm not good at reading the raw data for things like stick movements etc. but those flight charts msinger makes screen shots of are actually pretty easy to see for yourself.

On HealthyDrones on the overview tab there's a link to a KLM file of your flight.
Open the KLM file via the file -> open from the google earth application and play around with it.

This is one of my flights I was just messing with but I can't get it to show the actual height for some reason.
View attachment 75558

Dear AlecW,
I give it a try. I did learn a little about the KLM files.
Bill

Dear AlecW,
I give it a try. I did learn a little about the KLM files.
Bill
AlecW,
Loaded the KLM into GE. I enabled 3D view in the left column. I used shift click for tilt.
Here's to view I got. To me this is amazing.

Bill

Attachments

• 12 12 16 flight G E 2z.jpg
    12 12 16 flight G E 2z.jpg
    265.6 KB · Views: 296
But why didn't I get the connection back when it was hovering for two minutes in plain sight? I lost the connection before the hover.
Are you referring to between 14m 39s and 16m 59s in your flight log? If so, your remote controller was connected the entire time. Your flight log shows you were mostly just yawing the aircraft.

Are you referring to between 14m 39s and 16m 59s in your flight log? If so, your remote controller was connected the entire time. Your flight log shows you were mostly just yawing the aircraft.

Dear msinger,
Thanks. I didn't know how to locate that info. Because the whole flight was on my tablet I figured the
transmitter/tablet was still in contact with the P4. I still don't know why the tx/tb wasn't letting me
in on it.
Bill

Hi Bill,

View attachment 75558

It's a minor detail, but they are KML files... not to be confused with the airline KLM. :)

I too have used the wonders of Google Earth with 3D view to examine flight log data... sadly it was to locate my bird after a crash...

OK. But why didn't I get the connection back when it was hovering for two
minutes in plain sight? I lost the connection before the hover.

Thanks again,
Bill
The only time you did not have connection to the craft by your RC was when the craft was below the tree line. This is according to the log file from the craft, which knows when it does and doesn't have connection to the RC. Are you sure you're not confusing IMAGE loss with RC connection loss? Remember those are two separate things. You can have loss of IMAGE from the video feed while still having RC connection to control the craft.

Are you sure you're not confusing IMAGE loss with RC connection loss? Remember those are two separate things. You can have loss of IMAGE from the video feed while still having RC connection to control the craft.[/QUOTE]

Dear F3honda4me,

The image was missing on the tablet with a warning that it had lost contact.
The TX was having no effect on the craft.

But something was communicating between the P4
and tablet else I would not have had the entire flight record on the tablet when I got home with no bird. It just wasn't letting me in on it at the time.
It happened several other times before and after.

I got my Mavic a month ago but only flown it once for about 25 feet away and 10 feet high. Video lag on DJI-GO 3 was about one to two minutes so I stopped.

I just downloaded DJI-GO 4. Charging up the Mavic and P4. Didn't like what I'd heard about it.

Just before that I tried DG4 and DG3 on both crafts without props to see what it looked like. No
maps on DG4, Google maps on DG3 for both Mav/P4.

Bill

It's a minor detail, but they are KML files... not to be confused with the airline KLM. :)

I too have used the wonders of Google Earth with 3D view to examine flight log data... sadly it was to locate my bird after a crash...
I stand corrected, I always mess that up ;)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20