Lost P4 - Concord, North Carolina

Which tracker did you go with?
Ehh... An el-cheapo bluetooth only ("Tile"). Works up to 100' outdoors, so hopefully this will be good enough for now. Not spending big $ since, well, having to replace a whole drone.

If you had an appropriate location, could have taken the remote with you and it might have picked up the signal if it still had power.

Sent from my HTC 10 using PhantomPilots mobile app
Yep - I was about a mile from home point, and after determining it wasn't RTH'ing, I jumped in the car with the remote and sped that way. Unfortunately it was already too late - it was gone.

I read where some people put a .txt file in their memory card so if someone puts the card in their computer they can find the owners information. So I did that too and put my phone number and fa# on the outer shell

I read where some people put a .txt file in their memory card so if someone puts the card in their computer they can find the owners information. So I did that too and put my phone number and fa# on the outer shell

That's what I've done since day #1. I keep the TXT file saved on my laptop because each time I format the card I drop the file back on it.

Reactions: Billy Banana
@dsstao ,

Did you look in pickup beds in the car lot?
How far can P4 go, distance without signal loss?

I would have thought you lost signal, it would have started to RTH depending on the settings, and maybe ran into the No Fly Zone on the way back, then it landed as other have said. Anywhere between the last point and the home point.

How much is a P4, how much is a "Tile"
Have somebody place the Tile on a Porch Five houses away, and see if you can find it.

Rod

@dsstao ,

Did you look in pickup beds in the car lot?
How far can P4 go, distance without signal loss?

I would have thought you lost signal, it would have started to RTH depending on the settings, and maybe ran into the No Fly Zone on the way back, then it landed as other have said. Anywhere between the last point and the home point.

How much is a P4, how much is a "Tile"
Have somebody place the Tile on a Porch Five houses away, and see if you can find it.

Rod
I absolutely did, great thought! I even went inside and asked employees if they'd seen it.

I've personally had the P4 out over 2 miles without signal loss, but I know others have made it further.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik