Lost P4 - Concord, North Carolina

So sorry...were you using DJI GO or GO 4 app?

Thanks, and yes I was using the DJI Go app.

I have a theory as to what happened. Short version: When the aircraft disconnected, it was on the other side of a no fly zone as the crow flies. RTH tried to bring it back, but isn't smart enough to skirt a no fly zone, so it landed as soon as it bumped into the geofence. In my case, the landing would have happened on a public walking path and someone probably took it.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

That totally sucks! Did you have any i.d. on it or your phone number? Did you cruise through that neighborhood in search of it? I would start by going over to the homes and putting up flyers and maybe talk to some people on that street.
Good Luck, keep us posted!

That totally sucks! Did you have any i.d. on it or your phone number? Did you cruise through that neighborhood in search of it? I would start by going over to the homes and putting up flyers and maybe talk to some people on that street.
Good Luck, keep us posted!
Billy, thank you. I did not have the ID or phone number on it, something that was a pretty dumb mistake on my part.

I did go looking for it - 3 times. It was lost over a section of woods, next to a walking path, a swamp, and a couple acres of briar patch. Not a trace of it unfortunately. On the plus side, I guess I know how Lewis and Clarke felt while crossing wild countryside.

any update?
Hey Billy, it must have gotten called back to the mothership. Or, maybe it was recycled into an Amazon delivery drone... But yeah after searching a few times, it's definitely gone. I'm suspecting that it landed near the intersection of the RTH path and the no fly zone that I was stupidly too close to. I didn't know it would auto-land since that was my first time in that area, and the spot where it probably set down was next to a public walking path. Someone probably picked it up and has a shiny new-ish drone to play with.

There was a thread recently, that if let DJI know about your loss, if somebody tries to register it, they make not work anymore, something like that, you should check into it

Rod

There was a thread recently, that if let DJI know about your loss, if somebody tries to register it, they make not work anymore, something like that, you should check into it

Rod
Thank you Rod, I'll hunt down the S/N and the thread and try to do that.

Reactions: RodPad
"called back to the mother ship" lmao!
that totally sucks! i have my tel # and fa# on mine. Hopefully should I lose mine someone can contact me.
Terrible that it lands in that situation, makes NO sense at all

"called back to the mother ship" lmao!
that totally sucks! i have my tel # and fa# on mine. Hopefully should I lose mine someone can contact me.
Terrible that it lands in that situation, makes NO sense at all
Yeah, and actually I replaced it and added a tracker to the new one along with the #s you mentioned. Thanks for the support sir.

Yeah, and actually I replaced it and added a tracker to the new one along with the #s you mentioned. Thanks for the support sir.

Which tracker did you go with?

Reactions: Neon Euc
At the moment it is just below you in Lost and Found :rolleyes:

Anyone lose a drone in south east London xmas day?

@Neon Euc
You have been summed.

Rod
1487737742981.png

DJI is working on it at the moment [emoji4]

Neon Euc

Reactions: RodPad
@Neon Euc
Thanks for the update, You think he should report his lost?
I guess it only cost time?

Rod

Reactions: Neon Euc
@Neon Euc
Thanks for the update, You think he should report his lost?
I guess it only cost time?

Rod
I'm hoping he did but so far the owner hasn't seen this post yet but the looks of it, sadly the phantom has now been sold so could be a no go on this one [emoji58]

Neon Euc

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BoguSlav