Lost p3p into the sea 4km away and got it back

How on earth did it stay put? With our tides in the Bristol channel it would have rolled like a pebble for miles! You were so lucky it was a calm sheltered spot.
I dont think you will have much chance of recovering it sadly - maybe you should have soaked it in Guinness!

Last edited:
Reactions: Mal_PV2_Ireland
I'm a marked man with Dji anyway :rolleyes:
Dude Marked is an understatement. You are a freaking target. Once DJI prototypes an attack drone, Blade is going to pay to
Pilot the first test on Irish soil. Time to start programming an anti drone drone.

Owe me haha they want to either sue me or shoot me :p:p
Yep ...they after ya alright ! :eek:
jack running back.gif

Sorry about the news mal, hope she drys out for you ok. You made one hell of a video from it all if nothing else, this thread will probably be up there in the top ten weekly chart again no doubt. You always come on here with a interesting story and that was something else. Hope the end is a happy one for you bud.

Sorry about the news mal, hope she drys out for you ok. You made one hell of a video from it all if nothing else, this thread will probably be up there in the top ten weekly chart again no doubt. You always come on here with a interesting story and that was something else. Hope the end is a happy one for you bud.
Cheers man. Haven't lost a drone yet in 3 years and I don't intend giving up on this one without a fight :D

[snip]
I dont think you will have much chance of recovering it sadly - maybe you should have soaked it in Guinness!

Well. Apparently soaking in Guinness hasn't done our friend Mal any harm.

Old Irish joke:
Murphy comes running up to the O'Brien's home and yells for Mary. "Come quickly, there's been a terrible accident down at the brewery and I'm afraid your husband Paddy's passed away."

"Begorrah" says Mary, "how'd he go?"

"Drowned in one o' the vats o'Guinness he did!" says Murphy."

"Couldn't ye save him?" asks Mary.

Says Murphy "Aye, we fished Paddy out the first two times, but we'd left for the day when he dived in the third time!"

badump

Let you know in a week when she comes out of the bag of rice ;)
i just pulled one out of the lake it air dried for a week no rice no hair drier just sat .opened it up strayed
Corrosion Inhibitor Penetrant Lubricant on it all including gimbal motors. wiped off excess put in battery and it runs like a dream. so as long as you get the salt off it i think your golden ;):cool:

The big concerns are the bearings in the gimbal and motors. I wonder if you need to relubricate them??

The most important has not been answered. Why the aircraft landed instead of trying to return to home?

The most important has not been answered. Why the aircraft landed instead of trying to return to home?
She was set to return to home but at over 400m high she was probably fighting winds hitying 50mph winds. She was trying to come home for a few mins but then just came down when battery power went low

Reactions: StevenQX
The same happened with me on my old P2V+
While your washing it with a fresh water, and be sure its totally dry , like leave a side for more than 3 days on a really dray environment, it will work perfectly , few damage like motor and the battery sure ? All okay

I don't like to the pary pooper here as it seems everyone has a lot of fun. Like most Irish stories this is a good one.
But I am concerned that no one seems to concerned about flying under the influence. It clearly shows some decissions have been made (fighting 50 mph winds, 400 meter up etc) that were less then rational. This time it only hit the water.......
If the story goes viral we would have to do a lot of damage control convincing the already very suspect public about our responsible actions with a safe piece of technology that will do no harm.Just my $0.02.

Reactions: stevee
I don't like to the pary pooper here as it seems everyone has a lot of fun. Like most Irish stories this is a good one.
But I am concerned that no one seems to concerned about flying under the influence. It clearly shows some decissions have been made (fighting 50 mph winds, 400 meter up etc) that were less then rational. This time it only hit the water.......
If the story goes viral we would have to do a lot of damage control convincing the already very suspect public about our responsible actions with a safe piece of technology that will do no harm.Just my $0.02.
Ah give it a rest, there's always one. "Oh no they're gonna ban our drones because of you" people have been saying that for years. And "WE would have to do a lot of damage control" over little old me? Get over yourself will ya. Yeah flying drunk wasn't a great idea at all, I'll start doing my 100 lines as punishment for you.
See the thing is there is no irrational hysteria about drones here in Ireland. Everyone quite likes them because they are what they are and we don't think they are carrying bombs or spying on us because we know that would be just stupid thinking. If the phantom had have slowly landed on someone would it have chopped them up into a million pieces? Even falling full speed I'd logically take my chances that a phantom isn't going to kill someone. Go set up a page for like minded people as yourself and let us get on with enjoying drones.

Mal already said his 'mea culpa'. The rest is commentary.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4