Lost p3p into the sea 4km away and got it back

I hope it is still under warranty! From what I have seen, I am sure DJI will make it good. LOL!

Well I sure hope it works for ya. I am surrounded by one side by a lake and always am hoping my little beauty does not take off and go for a dip. Some the spots in my lake are 200-300 feet deep. I will need to take up ROVing for the bloody recovery!

cheers

Reactions: Mal_PV2_Ireland
The splash down must have been cosmic payback for disturbing that 800 year old dust.

Awesome.
And it just stood there on the seafloor as if nothing happened. So effing cool. :cool:

Excited to see if a P3 can survive this.
Guess we have to wait a week or so for it to dry up before we know, right?

Also, I think I just realized what that pink little label inside the battery cover is for:
This is it on a battery that has not been "dipped":
b8HwPah.png

And on your battery after the swimming lesson:
8aqWRNI.png

F%$#ing awesome! Luck of the Irish indeed ;)

Btw..... next time you post a video, can you sign off with saying.... "They're always after my Lucky Charms!" :p
I certainly will on the follow up video next week when she comes out of the rice :D

Awesome.
And it just stood there on the seafloor as if nothing happened. So effing cool. :cool:

Excited to see if a P3 can survive this.
Guess we have to wait a week or so for it to dry up before we know, right?

Also, I think I just realized what that pink little label inside the battery cover is for:
This is it on a battery that has not been "dipped":
b8HwPah.png

And on your battery after the swimming lesson:
8aqWRNI.png
Yeah the pink dye was running off the pad. Same as what's in phones when people say they didn't drop their phone down the toilet

Reactions: Fplvert
It's a very easy one to make. Wonder should I have RTFM :cool:

I have RTFM, and it's not in there. :D That's just forking awesome!

How much of a tide swing is there? Ours is about 3 - 4 feet but I know some places have very large ones.
Great call to go check for it. :cool:

I have RTFM, and it's not in there. :D That's just forking awesome!

How much of a tide swing is there? Ours is about 3 - 4 feet but I know some places have very large ones.
Great call to go check for it. :cool:
It's very shallow there with all the silt so the tide can go out around a mile in that spot. There was 4m between the last high tide and that low tide.
Screenshot_2015-09-03-08-17-08.png

Reactions: Marlin009
If that bird ever flies again it will be beyond the luck of the Irish. It will be a miracle.
Will keep my fingers crossed for you just the same.

"Very drunk, 30mph winds and I decide a 4km flight is a great idea. I'm a ******* and that's the whole story :D"
You know, DJI keeps track of forum posts. When they get your letter demanding replacement of their faulty product there may be some blowback.:rolleyes:

Edit: Drunk at 6 a.m.? Were you finishing up? Or starting early?

Last edited:
Having a story like this involving their best selling product should make you a poster name with DJI, if they know their own best.
They owe you! :cool:

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj