Lost my P3P tonight

Reaction score
I’m gutted, took my drone out over some fields tonight, was a good distance away and then pressed return to home with 71% battery life remaining and then got aircraft disconnected and nothing else, waited 20 minutes, didn’t come back, now there was a headwind but the drone was returning home with a HS of 17mph. How do I extract and show you guys the logs ? I’m thinking if it ran out of juice on way home fighting wind it will of auto landed in a field ?

Many thanks in advance !

Reactions: skolsky
How do I extract and show you guys the logs ?
Please upload your TXT flight log here and post a link back here. You'll find instructions for locating your TXT flight log at that link.

I’m gutted, took my drone out over some fields tonight, was a good distance away and then pressed return to home with 71% battery life remaining and then got aircraft disconnected and nothing else
There is no way to guess without the log files as msinger posted above. If you upload that file, place a link back here and there are quite a few of us who could assist you.

Unfortunately the log file gives very few clues to what happened. Based on its rate of progress back it should have returned with 20 - 30% battery remaining. The wind was out of the north and as high as 30 mph (May 22nd, 2018 07:13PM | General / Overview | Drone Flight Log from DJI GO app, version 3.1.34 on iOS | Total Mileage: 10,939 ft | United Kingdom | Airdata UAV) but that was probably not the problem.

There were some downlink signal losses at the furthest point in the flight, but the signal was improving as it headed back.

However, the sudden and complete disconnect is suggestive of some kind of power failure at the last recorded point. I would look there and just to the south, since the wind would have blown it south if it lost power.

Reactions: Boofritz and Sirsly
Went back to last know location near warehouses, but nothing no sign at all. Would it of likely to hover at this point and then auto land once the battery level was low enough ? Or would it of being trying to come home ? There was some wind but I’ve flown in much worse, could it of being stationary because of a headwind or does the RTH function adjust the power to the motors to fight the wind ?

Went back to last know location near warehouses, but nothing no sign at all. Would it of likely to hover at this point and then auto land once the battery level was low enough ? Or would it of being trying to come home ? There was some wind but I’ve flown in much worse, could it of being stationary because of a headwind or does the RTH function adjust the power to the motors to fight the wind ?
Your flight data shows the Phantom returning home for 12.5 seconds before the recorded data just stops.
In that time it accelerated from zero and was making steady progress into the wind at 14 mph. It covered 194 feet in that time.
At the end of the data, the Phantom was in stable flight with no hint of any irregularity.
The sudden ending of data recording strongly suggests that there was a sudden total loss of power.
At that altitude there would be no obstacles to block signal, which would be the other potential explanation.

Reactions: Joshua crane
So where would I stand now regarding warranty, Is that basically it game over. It’s really sad because I feel like I haven’t done anything irresponsible or reckless, I’ve had the P3P for 21 months and it’s never let me down until this incident. I always insure the battery is pushed in secure I check it twice for every flight. I’m wondering if someone has taken a shot at it . Do DJI do any scheme where it’s possible to get a discount off a new Drone?! Looks like I’d be going for the Mavic Pro.

So where would I stand now regarding warranty, Is that basically it game over. It’s really sad because I feel like I haven’t done anything irresponsible or reckless, I’ve had the P3P for 21 months and it’s never let me down until this incident. I always insure the battery is pushed in secure I check it twice for every flight. I’m wondering if someone has taken a shot at it . Do DJI do any scheme where it’s possible to get a discount off a new Drone?! Looks like I’d be going for the Mavic Pro.

Power failure, either internal or a battery disconnect, is by far the most likely explanation. Since it's well out of warranty I doubt that they will do anything, but it can't hurt to ask.

Reactions: MotorCycle-Man
Could be shooting country- gerrorf moy laaand- you never know! Bit late but if you get another, put a message on it with contact number, and 'substantial reward'; if they think it will be worth as much as a dodgy sale on ebay, it may get a result. 'Substantial' being a relative term, but only you know what, once you can verify if they have it, make your mind up,,,lol.

If it was power failure, it will have dropped like a brick. So could be anywhere, in a million pieces.

"As high as 30mph..." ... no VLOS, high winds, bye bye UAV. Too much wind for my gear ...

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pitchpost