Fished out my P3 from the flood. Need some advice.

How about video recording? Does the camera work?

She seemed to be a little wobbly at first, but we had a bit of a wind right around the house here which may have contributed to the "dancing" a little when it was up in the air the first time.
Seemed to hold ok when it was above the house around 30 feet.

Congratulations, Mike! I love a happy ending. Excuse me, I'm getting a little weepy-eyed right now.

Reactions: Neon Euc
Did you calibrate the IMU?

I did calibrations, all after the tests.
Like I said before, I was a little amazed that I didn't have to do them prior to the test flight.

Well done. Glad to see it ended up so well, but sad to see that this project is now finished. Can you buy a cheap drone, crash and do it all over again? [emoji12]

Reactions: Jgreg0912
Well done. Glad to see it ended up so well, but sad to see that this project is now finished. Can you buy a cheap drone, crash and do it all over again? [emoji12]

I don’t think my eyes can take it again. Everything is so small on that drone. The screws are hard to keep track of.

Thanks for the help. I am going to try and fly it long distance in a few weeks. Seems like it’s been 30 degrees out here. Spring showed up for about two days and then took off. We had a mini blizzard today. I live in Indiana about 65 miles south of Chicago. We should be seeing 50/60 degree weather here at this time.

Oh well, run some short flights and then take her out some distance to make sure she will come home. Good thing here is that it’s all corn fields, so if I lose her I will be able to locate her and bring her back home. Just like the last time.

Mike

Reactions: Neon Euc
I don’t think my eyes can take it again. Everything is so small on that drone. The screws are hard to keep track of.

Thanks for the help. I am going to try and fly it long distance in a few weeks. Seems like it’s been 30 degrees out here. Spring showed up for about two days and then took off. We had a mini blizzard today. I live in Indiana about 65 miles south of Chicago. We should be seeing 50/60 degree weather here at this time.

Oh well, run some short flights and then take her out some distance to make sure she will come home. Good thing here is that it’s all corn fields, so if I lose her I will be able to locate her and bring her back home. Just like the last time.

Mike
I understand what you’re saying about the weather. I live about 30 miles north of Nashville TN and Friday it was nearly 80* and now today it has been in the 30’s and flurries most all day.

Congrats. Really enjoyed following this thread, all the while hoping for the best outcome. My own P3P did an unscheduled pool landing a couple weeks after I got it. I dried it out, but no way close to your detail. Mine flies well.
Congrats again, great job and thanks for sharing

I'm just glad that everything went well with it.
I hope that this thread will help others out that have to do this same thing or something similar.
Thanks for your support on this.

Mike

Reactions: shegeek72
Great Job!! Thanks for letting us follow the project along. I enjoyed following it. I was a lurker for a while and finally joined today.

Great job, and VERY WELL DOCUMENTED! Here’s a suggestion for the sequel.... A new business opening up, called Mike’s drowned drone repair shop! Even thought of a motto for you. “You drown then, we dry them”!

Incredible documentation of an incredibly painstaking process! Thanks to you for the work you did, and all who offered up advise, and all of it supportive!

I am sooooooo impressed!!!

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31