Lost Mavic on Litchi wasypoint mission

Reaction score
Lost downlink while flying a Litchi mission around Smith Lake park in Alabama. It was at the end of the mission and everything was fine until I lost connection. I searched the last known location from the Litchi logs but was not able to find it. Not sure why it would fly to that point as it was past the last waypoint but in line with it. very light wind. the last picture looked like it was in tree branches when it reconnected briefly but the elevation shows 0. frustrating. Any help on the analysis would be greatly appreciated. fairly new to Litchi.

thanks
Brent

DJI Flight Log Viewer - PhantomHelp.com

If you planned this mission on the hub, a link to that would help.

I would venture a good guess that the aircraft is someplace in this area. Your altitude was only 132ft immediately prior to that point. I don't think you would have cleared the trees.
Capture1.PNG

Reactions: $kyWalker
Well, my only comment is the log shows the Phantom was still following a mission past waypoint #6, could you have accidentally added a waypoint by touching the tablet before you loaded / started the mission?

It happen to me. I mission I had ran many times. I was waiting to hand catch it like always. It took off from 5 mph the last waypoint to the cruising speed, until it hit a Phantom Magnet (Tree). :eek:

I of coarse shut down the tablet "Warning Disconnected starts getting old". No proof, took me a couple of weeks before I ran the mission again, still works fine. ;)

Rod

This is a bit baffling. I do not yet see a reason for the loss of altitude. According to these charts, the aircraft was still in waypoint mode and started loosing altitude. It's hard to say if this was before or after missions end.

Flight Mode.png

Loosing connection will not make any difference, aircraft will keep flying in its set mission until it ends successfully or hits an object.

One question: why did you keep speed as 31km/hr at waypoint 6?

Last edited:
Loosing connection will not make any difference, aircraft will keep flying in its set mission until it ends successfully or hits an object.
I completely realize that, I pretty much fly exclusively with Litchi. It is the altitude loss before the loss of signal, right at or near the end of the mission that is baffling. The final action was set to "none" which means hover in place. So why the loss of altitude?

A closer version of the above chart. What is so odd is the altitude loss, before signal loss. If the mission were complete, even with lost signal, the AC should have hovered in place. Doesn't appear as though it did.
Last Waypoint.png

thanks for all the input. i had set up the mission to fly at 300 ft so don't know why it was so low. i thoroughly checked the area around the last waypoint and did't find it. I will look again in the morning. appreciate all the responses.

Has anyone downloaded the KML file and loaded it into google earth yet to check the flight height? I would do it but I'm in bed now and PC is off

OK just manage to do it on my phone. Seems like the last place it went down was over some building. Could someone have shot it down?
1519438857967.png
1519438863005.png

those are houses. i was able to search the field behind them at the exact area that the app showed but didn't find anything. I don't understand How it could fly that far off the final waypoint. i ran a smaller practice mission in the open field and everything worked fine. lesson learned.

OK just manage to do it on my phone. Seems like the last place it went down was over some building.
Those were neighborhood homes nearby. A Mavic will be tough to locate in that area. Trust me, I know the terrain, especially if it hit the tree line after signal loss. It could be with a few hundred feet of the last location, but most of that area is private property of the homeowners.

i have checked the flight path area and thoroughly searched the 'crash' site. Is it safe to assume that the drone made it to the crash location and no further since there are multiple readings from that point? if so, i will continue to focus on that area. since it showed an elevation of 0 is it on the ground? is GPS location accurate enough to just focus on 100 yd search radius from that point?

Below is where I believe the Aircraft is. Point #1 is just prior to signal loss @130 Ft in altitude.
You regained signal approximately 3 min later at Point#2 with 0 altitude and no movement of the aircraft. Point #3 is the last data point. This being said, it is still a quandary as to why it started loosing altitude, and fairly quickly immediately after missions end and before signal loss. Otherwise your mission altitude was plenty to clear the area. These 3 points pretty much confirm it's location within an area of less than 100yards in diameter. I would concentrate in the shaded red area as shown.

Capture2 PointsA.png

Just for the sake of putting this up. Here is your Litchi Flight profile( In Yellow ), with the Actual Flight Profile( In Red ) over layed on top. All smooth until the end. Still baffled about the altitude loss. It makes no sense. Glad you found it.

Mission and Profile2.PNG

Reactions: PlanetPapi

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic