Lost Mavic on Litchi wasypoint mission

When you get it back, look at the on board data for clues.
My guess is, you won't see anything there either, unless it is in the ESC/Motor control area as far as the altitude loss goes.

My guess is, you won't see anything there either, unless it is in the ESC/Motor control area as far as the altitude loss goes.

Would be interesting to look at the stick inputs to see if the autopilot was commanding descent.

Would be interesting to look at the stick inputs to see if the autopilot was commanding descent.
Already been reviewed with the available data. Stick inputs will have no bearing on anything as far as the mission goes. And there were none.

quick update. i used a slingshot, some 65lb test fishing line and a 1 1/2 ounce weight and i was able to pull on the branch with the line and get the drone. successful rescue mission !
Yes.., You did take a video of that.;)

Reactions: Neon Euc
This is a bit baffling. I do not yet see a reason for the loss of altitude. According to these charts, the aircraft was still in waypoint mode and started loosing altitude. It's hard to say if this was before or after missions end.

View attachment 95441

Just for the sake of putting this up. Here is your Litchi Flight profile( In Yellow ), with the Actual Flight Profile( In Red ) over layed on top. All smooth until the end. Still baffled about the altitude loss. It makes no sense. Glad you found it.

View attachment 95478

If you plot altitude against distance rather than time, and show the actual data points rather than just the interpolated line, then it does appear that the most likely explanation is that there was another waypoint added prior to upload. The loss of altitude approaching the last intended waypoint is due to the smoothed altitude transitions.

altitudes.png

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1