[LOST DRONE] Any way to see the last video on the CrystalSky?

Rip

Reaction score
First flight with my brand new CrystalSky, the screen did not have a memory card in it. The drone was hovering above a tree ready to set a point of interest when i heard a loud screech (motor failing maybe?) and the drone dropped into the tree.

I've pretty much lost my drone as this tree is about 200ft high and there is no way to get it before the heavy rain comes tomorrow :-(

I just figured I might be able to see the last video somehow?

Actually, I was in photo mode not video so I guess that's why there is no video showing up anywhere :-(

Here's the log for anyone interested, I could see the drone by eye and it definitely did not crash into the tree by user error, it was above the tree then suddenly 'Motor Obstructed' and it just went down into the tree.

DJI Flight Log Viewer - PhantomHelp.com

It looks like there are a few tall dead spindly looking trees in that area that are taller than the rest of the trees that the naked eye couldn't see that far away.Is it possible a propeller could of hit one of those limbs which caused the Motor Obstructed in the flight log ?.The screech could of been a propeller cutting into a limb or maybe you got too close to a owl nest but without a video it could be anything.One thing for sure when the wind blows it will probably come down or if you have another quad you can try to recover it with a home made tool.

F2EBB416-9C6F-4462-B049-67E4B038FAC5.jpeg
No I was watching it by eye, it didn’t hit a tree . Something went wrong while it was hovering over the tree.

We did try rescuing it with another Phantom but we nearly lost that too so gave up.

I don’t think the wind will blow it out as it’s neatled very firmly in the top of a very thick evergreen tree, even if it did it would be smashed and stolen by someone. Never mind it’ll be waterlogged too.

I don’t think the wind will blow it out as it’s neatled very firmly in the top of a very thick evergreen tree, even if it did it would be smashed and stolen by someone. Never mind it’ll be waterlogged too.
Don’t give up about the waterlogged part. You will be surprised about the resiliency of DJI drones. The battery will suffer. Keep thinking of ways to retrieve it.

Reactions: Rip
I got it back! A local climber climbed up and got it for me!

This photo really doesn't do this tree justice, its 100ft tall and the drone was sat right on the top!
Snapseed.jpg

No obvious physical damage but it got a little wet so it's having a few hours in front of a warm fan, then I'll strip it down a bit and stick it in the airing cupboard for a week before I attempted to power it up. Hopefully I'll get lucky and it won't have too much wrong with it.

IMG_6021.JPG

Reactions: Neon Euc
Glad you got it back mate. Don't worry to much about the water. Mine was caught for 14 hours in solid heavy rain when it landed upside down on a hotel in folkstone lol. So with the air vents the water was pouring in. The next day... Dry as anything. Flew it, no problems at all with the bird or the battery.

Glad you got it back mate. Don't worry to much about the water. Mine was caught for 14 hours in solid heavy rain when it landed upside down on a hotel in folkstone lol. So with the air vents the water was pouring in. The next day... Dry as anything. Flew it, no problems at all with the bird or the battery.
Well that’s encouraging thank you! Fingers crossed then!

Reactions: Neon Euc

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl