Loss of video in DJI app but clear in HDMI output goggles?

Reaction score
Lately I've found that I lose the video link very easily (within 200 yards) when looking at the DJI go app. Sometimes it's a horizontal line about 10% the vertical area of the screen that is just pixelled out. Othertimes it's completely pixellated. The odd thing is that in my FatShark Dominator V3's, it's clear. Just now I brought the drone right to me and everything showing in the DJI app was scrambled in the camera transmission but the goggles were clear. Its to the point that it's worthless to try to fly without the goggles. WTF is going on?

what tablet or phone are you using for the DJI GO app ? It seems your graphic processor is not able to handle the live view, you may want to upgrade to a newer one if thats the case.

what tablet or phone are you using for the DJI GO app ? It seems your graphic processor is not able to handle the live view, you may want to upgrade to a newer one if thats the case.
Funny it has worked fine up until now. I'm using a Samsung Note 7, but I have also tried it with the Note 5 and Nexus 6P. The Note7 is the most powerful phone out so it should work fine and did work fine until the 3.0 update.

Upgrade Drone firmware, then RC firmware. Completely erase DJI go app and download the newest version. Restart everything, check settings.

I had about 2 hours of hair ripping out getting my HDMI and RC to work properly. Proper order and upgrading got me sorted out.

Also, make sure you have concurrent video set in the options.

you are right, the samsung note 7 should work perfectly fine, if it does not blow up on you that is, arent all those phone being recalled at this time?
LOL...it's been recalled, but I'm keeping mine. No issues with it. Typical Americans freak out over nothing.Hell if you google iphone explodes, there are far more iphones that have exploded than Samsungs. Samsung just overreacted a bit.

Upgrade Drone firmware, then RC firmware. Completely erase DJI go app and download the newest version. Restart everything, check settings.

I had about 2 hours of hair ripping out getting my HDMI and RC to work properly. Proper order and upgrading got me sorted out.

Also, make sure you have concurrent video set in the options.
What if everything is already up to date?

Sure about that? The research I've done shows the amount of reported Iphones exploding since their release is about as many Samsungs that blew up last week. Yikes. I trust Apple's build quality over anyone else's. But I apologize for even the semblance of being "that guy" apple vs. whoever. Just be safe my friend!

Where is this setting btw?
I have the same problem new HDMI module and was working fine till RC asked for
new firmware update! :(

In DJI go, click the three dots in the upper right, then on the left tab click "HD" icon. 3rd setting down: "Simultaneous image output to app and HDMI". Click it on.

I'm running FIrmware 1.02.0503, as im afraid to update anything because it just works. It took me a while of upgrading and downgrading to fix my issues.

I have the same thing happen to me. with go 2.9.1 all was fine on my tablet and goggles, with 3.0.3 my tablet lags and my goggles are fine (what I run now), with GO4 my tablet is mega pixlelated and laggy and useless but my goggles are fine. My samsung tab4 can't keep up anymore (thanks dji for putting in all that bloatware)

I have the same thing happen to me. with go 2.9.1 all was fine on my tablet and goggles, with 3.0.3 my tablet lags and my goggles are fine (what I run now), with GO4 my tablet is mega pixlelated and laggy and useless but my goggles are fine. My samsung tab4 can't keep up anymore (thanks dji for putting in all that bloatware)

Make sure the update didnt switch the "hardware decoding" to something you don't want.

Well that makes no difference:( I need my drone to take footage of clients building project so afraid
I'm going to loose this job:( Is it a big issue to down grade the firmware?

iOS related. Hardware decoding is to reallocate the processing with iOS device therefore option available for iOS and can reduce internal heating. It is recommended for A8 processor and we can see some improvement per example with iPad mini 4 when increasing to high video debit rate manually (also in GO app settings).
No visible quality improved but smoother when doing panos and high video feed debit rate. I have tested a lot this.
Other than that no major visible improvement and generally recommended to keep this option disabled for old gen devices whilst it would not really hurt anyway.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

I did a downgrade now all runs smooth
Phantom 4 V01.02.0503
RC V1.6.0
APP V4.0.2
S7 Edge and my Tab A runs like smooth butter
Must be the firmware and not the app cause Litchi
did the same now runs 100%

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads