Lose signal at 200ft

Tongue in cheek.....
I very much doubt houses with metal framed solar panels, generating electricity and therefore nice localized electromagnetic sources would be an interference. Nor is taking off from a street with heavy cast iron drain covers and buried cables.
I once took off from a nice little concrete bridge spanning a drainage ditch, Phantom took off away from me like a bat out of hell. Bridge totally made of iron with a concrete skim.
Phantoms 3s's just seem to be fussy little beggars, one day Dji might sort it out or more likely just drop the whole ball game re series 3 support and development

How come other people in suburbs don't have this problem

You need to try to fly were you know your interference is minimal. Then you will know if it a defective unit as @msinger is (stating / guessing). We are all guessing at this point. If you upload your flight log at this link, then we can see with google earth where your actually flying and we would have a better view of your surroundings. ;)

https://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/Upload/

When you see your results, you copy and past the URL on this thread.

Rod

Actually I have awful problems if I try and fly from my garden, I lose connection from my iphone to drone within 20m due to my phone trying to log onto to other wifi sources. Even walking 100ft away can make all the difference.
As Rod said try and upload your logs, we get so used to our native environment we miss the obvious causes of interference.
Most of us do genuinely try and help out on here but sometimes its a bit like trying to plait fog, some posters can be very vague with their questions (not you, just a generalisation)

It sounds like you're facing some kind of hardware issue. Since this happened right out of the box, I'd suggest you return your Phantom and get it replaced before it's too late to do so. After that point, you're going to have to ship your Phantom to DJI to be repaired.

Well good luck if you ship it to DJI for anything. I purchased P3P on 9-4-16. Had trouble right out of the box. Been in for repair 2 times. They don't like there is a problem with anything and you have to draw blood before it's replaced or refund.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic