Looks like I'm gonna sell my P3 Pro to get a Mavic.

I bought a P3P with a few extras for under 500 on CL. Great shape. Many will say "I'd rather keep it for that" as you may well do if looking for top dollar as the P3P prices are dipping as P4 prices come down. Many P4 are being sold with multiple batteries as well.

I know that price was an exception, but the seller was tired of it on there for 750 with no interest for a few months.

I sold mine today for $725 with all the accessories. eBay says the guy paid, but the money is taking too long to show up in my PayPal. How long does it normally take?

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

I think I would keep it. I've invested too much loot to ever get close to breaking even. Plus it's my first craft and I feel at home flying it. The mavric sounds like loads of fun and will most likely get one after a few months of their release. Reading the daily posts here about them should be exciting to hear the news pro and con. I only wish it had dual controls one for the camera operator and one for the pilot.

Can take over a week sometimes two. PayPal won't release funds until long after they have cleared his account and there is no change of canceling them.

Am I supposed to ship it out, before it appears in my PayPal? It's my first time selling on eBay.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

eBay will tell you when to ship! Wait for the green light from eBay!

If it's a no feedback bidder or a weird address you can cancel before they pay.

Otherwise you're locked in!

Just be patient

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Unfortunately you have to send it out because it's your first sale. It took ten working days for my first sale to get paid. I like buying on EBay but not selling due to fees and percentages that vary sale to sale.

Unfortunately you have to send it out because it's your first sale. It took ten working days for my first sale to get paid. I like buying on EBay but not selling due to fees and percentages that vary sale to sale.
So on the page where I click on myEbay- and then sold- it says awaiting payment, then to the left under payments says -
Payments (last 31 days)
received $725.00
not received $0.00

It's just weird because at the top it says awaiting payment.
Does this mean, that I am in the clear to ship and protected from fraud? Also says "buyer has marked item as payment sent."Fees are outrageous. I didn't think that I'd have to pay $100 in fees. 10% for the sale, another $30 for the reserve price. I can't stand Craiglist because of all the scammers.

Last edited:
Also under selling reminders, it says "$ I am awaiting payment for 1 item." I just find it weird that the guy who supposedly bought the item, bought it for exactly my reserve price. I googled the name, and its in Russia. Googled the address. Looks like a scam. First thing that showed up was bad buyer on ebay.

This is what I found
Inex Group LLC
Bad Buyer: dilokoi7789tersssaa899-0
Bad Buyer: talop23

same exact address,, this user mattcedeno85 on eBay
has been on ebay for 5 days, yet has 22 positive reviews.

Man, just seems like a scam. I messaged the guy shortly after the transaction went through asking him if he paid via paypal, and no response, yet he was quick to mark the item as paid. Weird.

I'm really getting pissed off by scammers. I got scammed on craiglist a few months ago. It seems like the only trustworthy people are the ones you know.

I'd back out of that deal. Come up with an excuse that it got damaged prior to shipping or something because that guy sounds like a scammer.

How does the guy match my reserve price exactly when everyone else was bidding $100 lower?

I put in a request to cancel the transaction, because I didn't feel comfortable with this guy. If he rejects the cancellation I still get charged the fees. Is there a way, I can get these fees back? I mean, the first thing that pops up when I google his shipping address is a fraud alert / bad ebay buyer.

OK, the guy agreed to the cancellation immediately within seconds, but didn't respond to my previous message when I asked him if he paid through paypal. Weird. Gonna try craiglist to avoid fees.

OK, the guy agreed to the cancellation immediately within seconds, but didn't respond to my previous message when I asked him if he paid through paypal. Weird. Gonna try craiglist to avoid fees.

I sold 5 on local craigslist with no issues over the past 2 years.
it sounds like you willing to sell for 600.00
so it should go quite fast if you list at 700 and negotiate down

Or save your self money and keep it and wait for the Mavik to actually sell enough to drop in price.
usually about 4 to 6 months after intro it seems....

good luck and have fun flying!

I sold 5 on local craigslist with no issues over the past 2 years.
it sounds like you willing to sell for 600.00
so it should go quite fast if you list at 700 and negotiate down

Or save your self money and keep it and wait for the Mavik to actually sell enough to drop in price.
usually about 4 to 6 months after intro it seems....

good luck and have fun flying!
I could probably go down a little on craigslist, seeing that ebay charges all these outrageous fees. I would like to keep the Phantom, but also have a P3 S, which would hard to get rid of. I don't see a need of having 3 drones.

I could probably go down a little on craigslist, seeing that ebay charges all these outrageous fees. I would like to keep the Phantom, but also have a P3 S, which would hard to get rid of. I don't see a need of having 3 drones.

sell the standard it will sell easy for 3-500 depending on extra goodies you can toss in
you will in effect loose less $

I just set up one (3ps) for a customer Wednesday that he bough used for 500 with lots of extra stuff

her is my logic

sell pro for 650 and still have standard
sell standard for 350 and still have pro

end result is you "bought" the pro for 300.00 if you sell 3ps

sell the standard it will sell easy for 3-500 depending on extra goodies you can toss in
you will in effect loose less $

I just set up one (3ps) for a customer Wednesday that he bough used for 500 with lots of extra stuff
for my P3S, I have the DBS mod, and maybe will throw in an extra battery, polar pro filters. It's in ok condition, because there's some small damage where one of the screws goes on the body at the motor. I cannot fit a screw in this spot. It's stripped or something. Other than that it works perfectly fine. What do you think I could get for it?

Also have a backpack, not the official DJI one.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31