Looks like I'm gonna sell my P3 Pro to get a Mavic.

Reaction score
Well, more than likely I'm going to put my P3 Pro with all the accessories to sell on Ebay, then get a Mavic from Best Buy 12 month financing later. In the meantime, I'll use my P3 standard. Question is, how much can I expect to get for a p3 Pro that is 3 months old with 4 ND filters, extra battery, 3D printed gimbal saver, windsurfer, a couple of other 3d printed accessories for the remote, as well as an original DJI case?

Check out the Phantoms that were recently sold on eBay. That should give you a good idea of how much you could get for yours.

Reactions: Jody Pitts
I feel a seriously price plunge in the coming month. Might as well get rid of it now.

If more people start selling, prices will definitely dip until no more remains to be sold.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

I just got a P3P, almost new, 2 chargers, 2 batteries, 2 remotes, 4 sets of props, set of 6 filters, Carrying case for $650. There seems to be a lot of the 3's and 4's out there now

Reactions: Jody Pitts
I just got a P3P, almost new, 2 chargers, 2 batteries, 2 remotes, 4 sets of props, set of 6 filters, Carrying case for $650. There seems to be a lot of the 3's and 4's out there now
I wonder how many will end up with junk. It seems almost all for sale are in perfect condition and never have had any problems and only flown to church on Sunday.

I have couple of them so will sell the least used. Let the buyer be happy.

I am trying to do the same thing. I have 2, selling the one barely used. There are quite a few of them up on Craigslist, and mine is priced competitively. Not a peep.

I wonder how many will end up with junk. It seems almost all for sale are in perfect condition and never have had any problems and only flown to church on Sunday.

So true

Main question, what do you use drone for?, does your drone do it now?
My p3adv is great and although new one looks good, my drone now does all I need, just because some new stuff comes out it does not make old junk,

I also have a P3A and it does everything I need it to do (and more) as a hobbyist and for amateur video (motorcycling). It's the portability thing. I would take the Mavic to more places e.g. plane flights overseas, than I would the P3A.

Reactions: Numone
I also have a P3A and it does everything I need it to do (and more) as a hobbyist and for amateur video (motorcycling). It's the portability thing. I would take the Mavic to more places e.g. plane flights overseas, than I would the P3A.
I have taken our P3A on at least 15 domestic, European and intercontinental flights as hand luggage during the last 6 months, including 4 batteries and all the gubbins without a single airline or customs issue. But, I grant you, if the Mavic was the only offering and I was getting into SUAV piloting now, it'd be a no brainer!

The nice thing about the Mavic is that between my computer bag, carry-on and checked bag, I could take the Mavic with me without an extra bag distributing the bits.

I have taken our P3A on at least 15 domestic, European and intercontinental flights as hand luggage during the last 6 months, including 4 batteries and all the gubbins without a single airline or customs issue. But, I grant you, if the Mavic was the only offering and I was getting into SUAV piloting now, it'd be a no brainer!

I'm not sure carrying it onto a plane is a good test of portability. Try backpacking for a few days with the P3A (to include a sleeping bag, tent, cooking wares and food. Let me know how that works out. How about spending a day walking and sight seeing.

But also, trying doing carry on only (all your cloths and other items) along with a P3 vs a Mavic. Huge difference.

I'm not advocating selling a P3 for a Mavic, just pointing out that portability is much more than walking onto a plane. Far from it.

The Mavic is more advance than the previous dji drone according to the test of pre production model by many user. So it is a revolution. Choose Mavic would be the first priority if Mavic provide similar image quality (maybe even better because of the 28mm len for less distortion and better low light F2.2) and stability.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl