Looking for rLight Recommendations?

STROBON strobe lights are perfect since they are small and contain their own rechargeable battery. Here are a few places where you can purchase them:

Any location, must put strobes on my P4P, scout location before, and have a VO with me.
Any location in Class "G" airspace correct?

This should be listed in item (4) under "Common Provisions".

Operations under this Waiver are to be conducted in Class G airspace only unless specific airspace authorization or Waiver is received from the FAA in accordance with § 107.41;

Any location in Class "G" airspace correct?

This should be listed in item (4) under "Common Provisions".

Operations under this Waiver are to be conducted in Class G airspace only unless specific airspace authorization or Waiver is received from the FAA in accordance with § 107.41;
Yes, sorry, it's only for Class G Airspace. I would have to apply for an additional waiver if I want to fly in controlled airspace.

STROBON strobe lights are perfect since they are small and contain their own rechargeable battery. Here are a few places where you can purchase them:
Are there any type of brackets that can hold them to attach to the Phantom 4 or velcro would be ok? Is there any certain place to not place that could interfere with the compass or GPS? Thanks!

Lume Cube, blue tooth and very bright. I just got 4 for mine. Great lights

Be warned... I spoke with a fellow pilot who was using these for this purpose and he has since stopped using them for this (he still uses them but for Building Illumination for night time architectural shots).

1) They are very directional and the Collision Avoidance lights need to be somewhat omni directional
2) they add a lot more weight then the alternative systems
3) they really take a toll on your onboad batteries

Here is what I did...

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Here is what I did...

By chance do you have a link to where you got the Belkin adapters?

By chance do you have a link to where you got the Belkin adapters?

I got mine at a local MicroCenter store. I had already decided on another approach, but these things really caught my eye and they work great. You have to get the hang for getting them off and on, but it is not too hard when you discover the right angle to get it started at. If you get them online (ebay sellers have them), make sure you get the right size. There is a smaller size that will not work. I think they call those 'minis'. The ones I got came in three colors and were 6 to a package...

Here they are in black...

Amazon.com: Philonext Desktop Cable Organizer - Wire Clips Cord Organize for Your Computer- Electrical, Charging or Mouse Cord -6pcs Black (All Black): Home Improvement

Last edited:

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic