Looking for a small cable

Reaction score
I had a slight "contact" incident with my P3A. There doesn't seem to be anything major broken other than this short, flat cable that comes out of the bottom sensor pod to the camera platform. How might I find one of these?
_X8A3114.JPG

I had a slight "contact" incident with my P3A. There doesn't seem to be anything major broken other than this short, flat cable that comes out of the bottom sensor pod to the camera platform. How might I find one of these?

It may be a case of trying local quad repair people to see if they have any of them, sometimes these guys scrap old quads and keep the cables.

It may be a case of trying local quad repair people to see if they have any of them, sometimes these guys scrap old quads and keep the cables.
Thanks. I was hoping this post might help me find some of those guys with extra parts from those P3s. I'm fairly certain the P3 Advanced and Pros would use the same cable. Hopefull the P3 Standard does too. I'll start contacting some shops directly and looking for guys parting out any P3s.

I'm looking for that same cable...I havent been able to find it anywhere. I've been looking a few months now for my p3p. If you find one let me know where! Thanks..

Thanks. I was hoping this post might help me find some of those guys with extra parts from those P3s. I'm fairly certain the P3 Advanced and Pros would use the same cable. Hopefull the P3 Standard does too. I'll start contacting some shops directly and looking for guys parting out any P3s.
P3s has 8 wires but might work,,your cable looks repairable to me,dont worry about broken white clip end as long as wires clip on ,,hot glue it in place so cant fall out,,,had a search myself and lots of out of stock,,,,mayby look at a crashed one for parts

ianzone, I was looking at my cable and kind of thinking the same thing about the possibility of it still being useable. Your advice reinforces that. Trolling around for a replacement cable and not readily finding one will certainly lead me to giving it a try. Why not? lol. It's always nice to read ideas and have the support of this community.

That is an excellent tip, quaddamage. From your link It appears there might materials available to repair or even make a replacement cable. I had no idea. I wonder if DJI's connector is some kind of standard fit or something specific to DJI. Does anyone have any experience in actually trying this particular replacement connector? It's certainly worth looking into. Thanks again.

I wonder if DJI's connector is some kind of standard fit or something specific to DJI.
It is standard. I provided you with search terms. Several manufacturers do this (ie. Molex, JST).
Is it possible to buy wrong one by mistake? Yes, possibly. There might be a version which is .5 mm thicker.
Though it's very unlikely to make a mistake if you study the images in detail.

Last edited:
Well, I just ordered one from that first link for eight bucks...nothing ventured nothing gained. It looks like it might take a month to get here, but we'll see. I'll keep you guys informed on the transaction and what actually might show up. Thanks for everyone's help in working through this. It looks like there are all kinds of Phantom parts available on AliExpress. I had one pervious transaction with them that went well so hopefully this one will too.

Well, I just ordered one from that first link for eight bucks...nothing ventured nothing gained. It looks like it might take a month to get here, but we'll see. I'll keep you guys informed on the transaction and what actually might show up. Thanks for everyone's help in working through this. It looks like there are all kinds of Phantom parts available on AliExpress. I had one pervious transaction with them that went well so hopefully this one will too.
You can buy a cable kit on eBay which includes that short cable.
I have several of them but I’m away from my home for another month.
I’ll find it on eBay and send the link to you here.

You can buy a cable kit on eBay which includes that short cable.
I have several of them but I’m away from my home for another month.
I’ll find it on eBay and send the link to you here.
Here’s the item number for the cable kit on eBay. The seller has several of them.

Here's a quick update on finding a replacement cable. The search appears to have been successful. I ordered a 6-pin gimbal cable from Aliexpress on 6-20-21 and it arrived on 6-30-21...much faster than I expected from China. The total cost was $7.50. It's shorter than the DJI cable...but it works. The two ends are different, just like the DJI cable. One end has a small clip and one end is a friction fit. The friction fit end would not slide into the female plug at first. So I compared the DJI and Ali ends under magnification and found the Ali cable end had a small ridge across the front of it making it larger than the DJI end. I made a few passes over the ridge with a small, fine file and then it plugged right into the female circut. The next step was to check for camera control of the gimbal and to see if I had video to my tablet. I had both. So I'm pretty pleased that this shot in the dark of ordering something from China worked. Here's a photo of the two cables side by side.

Attachments

• _X8A3116.JPG
    _X8A3116.JPG
    2 MB · Views: 103
Thanks for the info.guys...I ordered a kit from Alexpress like Quister suggested. It took only 8 days coming from china. Hooked it up and my p3p worked awesome for half a day... ( I'll start a new thread for this problem) but what a perfect 1/2 a day too...San Diego is perfect for droan footage!
Thank you Phantom club

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic