Looking back ......1.1.9 v/s 1.3.2

Reaction score
For those who flew with these, and may still do, which of the 2 would you prefer and why? which has best stability, and least amount of limitations? Which DJI Go and Litchi versions using with it?

Thank you in advance

This thread is NOT about how people will be hunted down and thrown into prison for not using the latest firmware. There's plenty of threads for that.:rolleyes:

I use DJI Go4 v4.0.2 and Litchi v1.15.2 and generally use the latter more so due to flying missions which are simpler to load off line and fly with. Still learning how to use Litchi but no issues so far but then again I'm an Apple bloke and don't seem to have the problems some Android people seem to have. I still use the GO4 app for simple flying but only because I feel sorry for it being neglected.

For those who flew with these, and may still do, which of the 2 would you prefer and why? which has best stability, and least amount of limitations? Which DJI Go and Litchi versions using with it?
This thread is NOT about how people will be hunted down and thrown into prison for not using the latest firmware. There's plenty of threads for that.:rolleyes:
Why would you be looking back that far?
DJI do improve things and add features as the product matures ... but after a point, they added a lot of bloat to the firmware with things that didn't make things any more useful.
If you really want to go back in history, 1.1.9 still has lens distortion that was corrected a little later and 1.3.2 doesn't have the very useful flight modes that were introduced in 1.4.0.
As for the last comment, you are free to use whatever firmware version you choose - that's completely up to you.
But using very old obsolete firmware when there are improved versions available is only handicapping yourself.

Why would you be looking back that far?
DJI do improve things and add features as the product matures ... but after a point, they added a lot of bloat to the firmware with things that didn't make things any more useful.
If you really want to go back in history, 1.1.9 still has lens distortion that was corrected a little later and 1.3.2 doesn't have the very useful flight modes that were introduced in 1.4.0.
As for the last comment, you are free to use whatever firmware version you choose - that's completely up to you.
But using very old obsolete firmware when there are improved versions available is only handicapping yourself.

So, which of the 2 would you prefer and why? which has best stability, and least amount of limitations? Which DJI Go and Litchi versions using with it?

Last edited:
AP,

I'm still on 1.4 on both of my P3Pro's. I wanted the advanced flight modes particularly for Litchi. Anything earlier will not allow those advanced modes. I rarely use DJI Go but need it for settings so I stayed with 2.4.3 (I believe). I use Litchi version 2.7.1 (again, I believe. I can check version numbers if you need me too). It was the last version Litchi put out using DJI SDK 2. I wanted to stay away from version 3 because of all the newer requirements. Both of my P3's have and continue to perform to my satisfaction. After issues with updates to my P2V+V3 that ultimately made it inoperable and an issue with my first update to 1.5 on my original P3 that took my video signal down for two weeks I decided the "if it works, don't fix it" philosophy was the best approach for my DJI products.

Jerry

Reactions: CANEKiTA
So, which of the 2 would you prefer and why? which has best stability, and least amount of limitations? Which DJI Go and Litchi versions using with it?
I wouldn't use either, for the reasons above.
I stopped updating my Phantom 3s past Firmware 1.4.10 and the app after 2.3.0 because later updates didn't offer any features I needed.

My Advanced is still on 1.4.0 . Have never had a problem with it and it does everything I want it to. Too many horror stories of later updates messing things up to ever update again

My Advanced is still on 1.4.0 . Have never had a problem with it and it does everything I want it to. Too many horror stories of later updates messing things up to ever update again
I agree that 1.4 is ok. I'm very familiar with 1.4 and what it has to offer......Although it has limitations as well.

I'm not trying to be a jerk but unless it's about the 1.1.9 and 1.3.2 differences and opinions on, I really don't care why anyone uses any other FW or to talk someone out of not using either one. There are many reasons one would want to use these older FW.

So back to the question...... out of 1.1.9 and 1.3.2 only, which of the 2 would you prefer and why? which has best stability, and least amount of limitations? Which DJI Go and Litchi versions using with it?

So back to the question...... out of 1.1.9 and 1.3.2 only, which of the 2 would you prefer and why? which has best stability, and least amount of limitations? Which DJI Go and Litchi versions using with it?
My personal favorite so far has been 1.1.9.

Reasons I prefer 1.1.9 - All based on my own experience only:
I never experienced the lens distortion that some were seeing on images and non-4k video so that was a non issue for me.
The Phantom was incredibly stable. A near perfect hover with no drift left/right or up/down. Astounding really.
Autolandings and RTH landings were super smooth. Very gentle, similar to how gentle the P3S is today.
VPS worked perfectly which I thoroughly enjoyed using as much as I did higher altitude flying.
[Note - at that time, the AC and the RC shared FW with one .bin file]

I think I was using Pilot 1.1.2 most of the time with FW 1.1.9. The bad thing with Pilot 1.1.2 was that DJI chose to use a giant RTH dialog box that completely covered the FPV for many.

I tried Pilot 1.2 which thankfully had the giant dialog box removed, but Pilot 1.2 introduced erroneous and frustrating gimbal overload errors so I rolled back to Pilot 1.1.2.
Pilot 1.2 was also (I think) the first app version that locked out some users from accessing the custom channel settings depending on the location/language settings of their device. I think also it was the first version with a reduced number of channels for the downlink video, but we all quickly had a hack for that anyway.

When I updated to 1.2.7 on my P3A (P3P version was 1.2.6) a few issues were introduced. There were lines on 4:3 pictures so we had to use 16:9 only as a work around. There was now terrible instability when using VPS, so we needed to disable VPS as a work around. Also introduced was instability with hover. Now it would drift uncomfortable distances as well as lose altitude instead of just hovering in place as it did with 1.1.9. Also with 1.2.7, autolanding and RTH landings became hard and abrupt whereas before they were remarkably smooth and gentle. I could no longer demonstrate that feature to family and friends since it was now too rough. With 1.1.9, that demonstration never ceased to amaze people. [Note that the lines in pictures issue was fixed with a new FW 1.2.8 which was released only three days after 1.2.7 was released.]

Many of us were anxious to either roll back to 1.1.9 or for DJI to release a fix for 1.2.x. At that time, DJI had not yet allowed us to rollback one version, so a "service bin" file was spreading around the forums. Some people had success using that service bin to rollback to 1.1.9. With later FW versions, that service bin file no longer worked.

1.3.2 fixed (to a degree) some of the issues introduced with 1.2.x, but it was not fully back to what it was with 1.1.9. There was still drift - not as much as with 1.2.x but more than 1.1.9. VPS was better with 1.3.2, but again not as good as it was with 1.1.9. Autolandings and RTH landings were better, but still too hard and abrupt with not much change from the issues that 1.2.x introduced.

I later updated to 1.4 which is widely known to have introduced the intelligent flight modes as well as 2.7k video recording for the P3A. Then upwards to 1.6 which is where I stopped. I also bought a P3P which came with 1.4 and I left it there.

Like I said, this is based on my own experience. I know that others will have had different experiences and I respect that. I hope this helps with your question.

Cheers.

Last edited:
Reactions: JoBe
thanks a lot for such a detailed comparison, Oso

I will just add one important information you didn't mention,
that 2.7K recording for P3A was added in 1.4.10, older version don't support it

I have one question for you:
if you say that 1.1.9 is so good, why didn't you roll back to it?

Reactions: Oso
I have one question for you:
if you say that 1.1.9 is so good, why didn't you roll back to it?
At first there was no official means to roll back and I didnt want to risk using that service bin I mentioned some had success using. Also, I was still a bit naive and was expecting that DJI would fix the drifting horizon issue with a FW update since it could only rarely be fixed with calibrations. With each new FW I hoped the drift was finally fixed. By the time I got to 1.5, I finally realized that it would never be fixed. Then 1.5 had that shut down issue which prompted 1.6, so I went to 1.6 and stopped. Since I'm at 1.6 now, the furthest back I can go via normal means is 1.5 so thats not happening.

Reactions: JoBe
Since I'm at 1.6 now, the furthest back I can go via normal means is 1.5 so thats not happening
okay, I understand
but now there is finally option to downgrade
I recently downgraded my P3A from 1.6 to 1.5 and to 1.4, because I wanna be able to break that 500m height limit
if I didn't need 2.7K and it wasn't so risky (Digdat0 could tell a story about it), I think I would downgrade to 1.1.9
but I'm straying from the thread's subject, so I'll rather shut up

At first there was no official means to roll back and I didnt want to risk using that service bin I mentioned some had success using. Also, I was still a bit naive and was expecting that DJI would fix the drifting horizon issue with a FW update since it could only rarely be fixed with calibrations. With each new FW I hoped the drift was finally fixed. By the time I got to 1.5, I finally realized that it would never be fixed. Then 1.5 had that shut down issue which prompted 1.6, so I went to 1.6 and stopped. Since I'm at 1.6 now, the furthest back I can go via normal means is 1.5 so thats not happening.
Oso, I can not say thank you enough. This is opinions that I have been looking for. I'm not looking to cause a debate but to learn the "why" some prefer 1 over the other.

Thank you again.

okay, I understand
but now there is finally option to downgrade
I recently downgraded my P3A from 1.6 to 1.5 and to 1.4, because I wanna be able to break that 500m height limit
if I didn't need 2.7K and it wasn't so risky (Digdat0 could tell a story about it), I think I would downgrade to 1.1.9
but I'm straying from the thread's subject, so I'll rather shut up
I purchased a 1.3.2 quad that had issues and my DJI store swapped it out next day but was a 1.4 quad. I took it up to 1.6 and now I have successfully downgraded from 1.6 down to 1.3.2. I just don't know if I should try 1.1.9. Thanks to Oso , I think I'm gonna give it a shot. I did notice a little drifting with 1.3.2. I'm learning which versions of Go and Litchi work with which FW. It's been a learning curve trying to follow DJIs changes but my goal is to make it where others can follow and not have problems.

I purchased a 1.3.2 quad that had issues and my DJI store swapped it out next day but was a 1.4 quad. I took it up to 1.6 and now I have successfully downgraded from 1.6 down to 1.3.2. I just don't know if I should try 1.1.9. Thanks to Oso , I think I'm gonna give it a shot. I did notice a little drifting with 1.3.2. I'm learning which versions of Go and Litchi work with which FW. It's been a learning curve trying to follow DJIs changes but my goal is to make it where others can follow and not have problems.
okay, I'll keep my fingers crossed for you not ending up like Digdat0 did ;)
let us know then, how things went...

okay, I'll keep my fingers crossed for you not ending up like Digdat0 did ;)
let us know then, how things went...
It's Not a matter of ending up. As I said in my earlier post, I already rolled back. Everything works fine. I've been flying now on 1.3.2 with no problems so no need to cross any fingers.
I'm not sure what Dig did. I don't know if a FW didn't finish installing, he skipped FW, I don't know.

It's Not a matter of ending up. As I said in my earlier post, I already rolled back. Everything works fine. I've been flying now on 1.3.2 with no problems so no need to cross any fingers.
I'm not sure what Dig did. I don't know if a FW didn't finish installing, he skipped FW, I don't know.
I was talking about you possibly downgrading to 1.1.9
and yes, you're right, we don't know why that happened to him

I bought P3P almost two years ago. I shoot my most important videos with Litchi. Litchi advices to use the current FW so that's what I do (after a few weeks). Haven't seen any adverse effects so far.

I bought P3P almost two years ago. I shoot my most important videos with Litchi. Litchi advices to use the current FW so that's what I do (after a few weeks). Haven't seen any adverse effects so far.
Publicly, yes they do

................. but if that is the case why has Litchi been very helpful with not only sending me their OLD SDK (2.3.1) that is not supported by some 1.4,1.5 and newer, and help me set it up?

So technically , as DJI evolves their FW, Litchi who uses a DJI SDK to build off of, they are kind of forced to go with them.

SO for all of those who want to keep their old FW, Litchi will help you with the matching Litchi to your older FW.... you just have to prove you purchased from them.

As I do a few more tests, Im trying to set up a step by step for those interested, on how to get back your old FW and compatible programs you loved once before.

I jumped from 1.9 to 1.01.0009 .. that was a bad move. I had stepped fro 1.9->1.8->1.7->1.6->1.5->1.4 and all was good. I went back to 1.9 and then straight to 1.01.0009 and if fecked it all up. I think if you step down one by one, its okay.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DonT