long repair time at dji

That's completely understandable. The urgency varies from case to case, but I don't think anybody here is unreasonable. So it takes a little longer. It sucks, but c'est la vie.

However, we who are impacted by the repair facility move are hearing about it here, on a completely unrelated forum. Meanwhile, the DJI repair portal that we all check daily doesn't have any banner explaining the move, and worst of all, the timeframe listed for each step of the process is off by a significant margin. THAT is the problem, and it really compounds the mere inconvenience of the actual delay.

On a positive, I got my invoice last night. Makin' progress! Thankfully, my Mavic is unharmed, but I'm anxious to get the fleet queen (P4P) back in service. Looks like they're moving along nicely.

Mine rcvd in Carson 9 days ago. No assesment yet. What is best communication to get a "real" answer? Phone, Email or the online chat? Thought I noticed a forum member is a "DJI rep". Any way to contact him or her?

So, Monday 4/17 notified it was being assessed, UPS tracking says they had is since 4/11, and today got the repair and invoice. So sent payment with PayPal and will see how long to repair and get back. Gimbal damage, several parts and motor damage from hard landing, and all total is $108, so not bad.

There customer service is freakin terrible...half the time there phones are down. And when they are working the computers are down so they can't look anything up. Horrible. My phantom 4 pro was sent in weeks ago. It was supposed to be expedited including 2 day air...been there for about 2.5 weeks. Called all week. They sent messages to the tech team, nothing. Called again said they'd call me back. Never did. Awful!! I feel sorry for anyone that has to deal with them.

1493128829297.png

..Hi guys I'm told that I will receive it tomorrow which means that it took them 1 full month just to replace the shell....it could have been worse....

Reactions: dmurphynj
..Hi guys I'm told that I will receive it tomorrow which means that it took them 1 full month just to replace the shell....it could have been worse....

I'm waiting for shipping info to post on my P4P; it should be hopefully today. This sure does take a long time ... And this was WITH DJI Care Refresh. I hate to see what wait times are like without it .......

Screen Shot 2017-04-25 at 12.56.30 PM.png

DJI repair out of Carson is the biggest piece of crap service company I have ever had to deal with!! The service from these bozo's is beyond sucking!!! The idiots that answer your questions on their chat are one level up from pond scum, and that is giving pond scum a bad name!!!! I had to hound them with endless chats only to get stupid answers that had nothing to do with the questions I was asking. And emailing these fools ..... well I sent over a dozen and never a single reply!!! What a worthless service!!! Below is a screen shot of my case. This is a P4P I had less than 5 weeks when it stopped getting GPS. Note in the time line they never say what was wrong. Also look at the times... I am on day three for the "two day" shipping....
I am not looking forward to seeing what I get when the return it. I have a feeling I will be going to my CC company and disputing for a full refund....

Okay rant done for now.... carry on....

Screen Shot 2017-04-25 at 5.43.32 PM.png

At least I have the Mavic with me even if the winds are too high to fly on St. John...

DSC_0006.JPG DSC_0001.JPG

They received mine on April 21st, today is May 24th. I have called but just get promises.. Just now it say ":.Conducting Quality Assurance " ... for the last 6 days. No drone. Paid $264. Collision Avoidance system does not work.

Repairs don't take long. That takes minutes or an hour. It's the time between getting and RMA and getting it back that is long.

Say 40 days. Say 30 minutes diagnosis and 30 minutes to repair. Add 30 minutes for touch admin and packing.

640 times more than that it is just sitting somewhere or in transit because DJI are WAY behind the power curve.

With this problem you have to get real. When I had this problem with DJI I crashed my P4P really bad because it was their fault of sensor failure. Two weeks after I sent the drone into DJI I got a quote saying it would cost $300. I immediately called DJI and asked to speak to the supervisor. I told him I had connections to big drone retailers and that I could ruin his business for him and tell all my friends not to buy from the DJI company. He immediately said that he would pay for the $300 and send it on 2 day air. The drone came back immediately. So my point with this is don't speak with some random worker asked to speak to the supervisor and don't be afraid to threaten, you paid good money for your drone so you should have good service.

Yea that was cool and happy for ya, got mine after 5 weeks total but 17 of those days I was out of the country. Either way there support sucks... now time to fly... woo hoo!

Yea that was cool and happy for ya, got mine after 5 weeks total but 17 of those days I was out of the country. Either way there support sucks... now time to fly... woo hoo!

Good to hear! Maybe if you live close we can meet up and bring our drones for a spin someday!

With this problem you have to get real. When I had this problem with DJI I crashed my P4P really bad because it was their fault of sensor failure. Two weeks after I sent the drone into DJI I got a quote saying it would cost $300. I immediately called DJI and asked to speak to the supervisor. I told him I had connections to big drone retailers and that I could ruin his business for him and tell all my friends not to buy from the DJI company. He immediately said that he would pay for the $300 and send it on 2 day air. The drone came back immediately. So my point with this is don't speak with some random worker asked to speak to the supervisor and don't be afraid to threaten, you paid good money for your drone so you should have good service.
My Mavic had never been crashed, dropped or mistreated in any way, and it rarely lands on the ground, I hand catch. But DJI wanted to charge me $310 to fix my "Gimbal Obstruction" problem, something they recently addressed with new firmware, AFTER I sent mine in for repair on Apr 15th. I had to call them twice. The first conversation Apr 26th, was right after I got the $310 bill. The next time was May 10th, 2wks after they said they would reassess and email me, and I hadn't seen an email yet. They finally sent the email accepting warranty coverage about 3 days later on May 13. I got it back today. Funny thing is.... it took them a week ship it after it was repaired (however they didn't repair, they replaced it). I got it today, overnight, since I'm 25mi from DJI Cerritos.

You know..... I love DJI, and I have a greater tolerance to this sub-par service than most others I guess. I have this tolerance because my own company in City of Industry repairs embedded PC boards under warranty, right here in my building, and they take 4 to 5wks to repair boards, on average. We're only a $160mil company, and don't deal with the volumes that DJI has to deal with. Could DJI's service be better? Yes, it could. However they deal with a lot of situations and a lot of volume, I'm pretty sure :eek:. I'm just happy DJI has been able to reduce their turn-around from the 8wks (2yrs ago) down to 2-4wks (my experience within the last year). I would love to get a tour of their repair dept. I have visions of piles of drones in a huge boxes. EVERY drone I have sent in for repair under warranty (3 times), I have always got a brand new drone back, with a different serial number, not refurb (R in ser# suffix). I wonder if these guys ever repair anything. Again, I love DJI stuff, and the new SPARC look very interesting for the masses. Flying with no controller, that's very cool for those that want aerial selfies (dronies) on their vacations, etc.

upload_2017-5-24_15-28-53.png

upload_2017-5-24_15-32-28.png

My Mavic had never been crashed, dropped or mistreated in any way, and it rarely lands on the ground, I hand catch. But DJI wanted to charge me $310 to fix my "Gimbal Obstruction" problem, something they recently addressed with new firmware, AFTER I sent mine in for repair on Apr 15th. I had to call them twice. The first conversation Apr 26th, was right after I got the $310 bill. The next time was May 10th, 2wks after they said they would reassess and email me, and I hadn't seen an email yet. They finally sent the email accepting warranty coverage about 3 days later on May 13. I got it back today. Funny thing is.... it took them a week ship it after it was repaired (however they didn't repair, they replaced it). I got it today, overnight, since I'm 25mi from DJI Cerritos.

You know..... I love DJI, and I have a greater tolerance to this sub-par service than most others I guess. I have this tolerance because my own company in City of Industry repairs embedded PC boards under warranty, right here in my building, and they take 4 to 5wks to repair boards, on average. We're only a $160mil company, and don't deal with the volumes that DJI has to deal with. Could DJI's service be better? Yes, it could. However they deal with a lot of situations and a lot of volume, I'm pretty sure :eek:. I'm just happy DJI has been able to reduce their turn-around from the 8wks (2yrs ago) down to 2-4wks (my experience within the last year). I would love to get a tour of their repair dept. I have visions of piles of drones in a huge boxes. EVERY drone I have sent in for repair under warranty (3 times), I have always got a brand new drone back, with a different serial number, not refurb (R in ser# suffix). I wonder if these guys ever repair anything. Again, I love DJI stuff, and the new SPARC look very interesting for the masses. Flying with no controller, that's very cool for those that want aerial selfies (dronies) on their vacations, etc.

View attachment 82778
View attachment 82779

My drone is at Cerritos DJI. Maybe you could go over there and tell them to hurry the heck up on my repair.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl