long repair time at dji

Reaction score
i sent out my p4p, they received it april 6th and since april 7th its still waiting for the damage assesment..gimbal is facing right.. i called them last week and was told it would only take one business day for the assesment..called back today and still havent looked at it.. is anyone else dealing with long wait times?

i sent out my p4p, they received it april 6th and since april 7th its still waiting for the damage assesment..gimbal is facing right.. i called them last week and was told it would only take one business day for the assesment..called back today and still havent looked at it.. is anyone else dealing with long wait times?

Yup. Not much else to say.

Reactions: SmithLaw
1491888168993.png

I have never find a chance to play with my drone. It crashed in its first flight (February 11, 2017) and since then I've been trying to get it fixed.

SC11.JPG

Last edited:
Omg ..I would love to work at dji,,,,:)things would get done...sorry to hear,,,I be knocking on their door:)would be my dream job since I can't fly real aircraft

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: OOO
Yep, same problem. I even have DJI Care Refresh for my P4P, which is supposed to get priority treatment. The damage assessment was supposed to take 1 working day. I believe it took 4. Processing the return after receipt of payment was supposed to take 1 working day. I paid my $99 deductible on the 4th. Today is the 10th and I haven't heard a thing. Ridiculous.

A longer turnaround time is understandable, if annoying. But don't promise a timeframe that you can't meet! A slower but accurate turnaround time is far better than an unfulfilled promise.

DJI: great drones; abysmal customer service.

0cb977a57e468ed8aa31b23683e400b8.jpg

Yep, same problem. I even have DJI Care Refresh for my P4P, which is supposed to get priority treatment. The damage assessment was supposed to take 1 working day. I believe it took 4. Processing the return after receipt of payment was supposed to take 1 working day. I paid my $99 deductible on the 4th. Today is the 10th and I haven't heard a thing. Ridiculous.

A longer turnaround time is understandable, if annoying. But don't promise a timeframe that you can't meet! A slower but accurate turnaround time is far better than an unfulfilled promise.

DJI: great drones; abysmal customer service.

0cb977a57e468ed8aa31b23683e400b8.jpg
HI confirm payment a joke,,they should confirm work first before payment,,,:)

Mine was sent in as an express 2 day air as the repaired drone I received had issues. Shows it was signed for on April 5th. It's now April 11th and still doesn't show as received. Terrible. Been without my drone for 3 months.

My Mavic Pro case was accepted early March. It's been in "waiting to ship" (back) state since Thursday evening.

They suck. Burning warranty and Care Refresh time too.

I plan to get them to write an "apology" e-mail to which I'll demand Warranty and Care Refresh be extended by at least 2 weeks to make up for their "slack time" inefficiencies. (18 days from "accepted" to "Received" !!! Spent a lot of time in "intake" not to mention "Repair").

Everyone should demand compensation in Warranty and Care Reresh extensions. Maybe they'll get that signal?

upload_2017-4-11_7-54-9.png

Reactions: OOO
i received an email and got my quote, made my payment called and asked how long it would take now and was told that 24 to 48 hours to process payment .. really.. and they will start repairs if they have all parts in stock? what is that supposed to mean? its a stupid gimbal fix.. they need to up there service.. people paying all this money on drones, i get it, alot of accidents and what not, but ****.. cant they work a little faster or hirer more people..

9b4c81d1a2323a65b75a6cd740793df5.jpg

I payed for shipping myself, and the package was recieved on the 8th. Dji says it was recieved on the 22 tho ? Tonite was the first time I spoke to anyone who helped me, and I had to rude to a teller and get loud before she would even put me through to her supervisor. They told me they were moving repair locations, and then asked if I could wait another week before it was sent out. I told em at that point I wanted a full refund. Basically jus flip out act stupid and someone will help you 20 calls later and hours of time spent listening to that elevator music aghhhhh
Good luck pilots.

So I got an email that my P4P has been evaluated, and I should be getting an invoice in 2-3 days. Then, I can pay that, and then they'll begin work I guess.

Slow process for sure. Glad I have a Mavic to get me by while the P4P is in the shop.

Note that I do have DJI Care Refresh, so this is supposedly the "expedited" repair. Sheesh.

9b4c81d1a2323a65b75a6cd740793df5.jpg

I payed for shipping myself, and the package was recieved on the 8th. Dji says it was recieved on the 22 tho ? Tonite was the first time I spoke to anyone who helped me, and I had to rude to a teller and get loud before she would even put me through to her supervisor. They told me they were moving repair locations, and then asked if I could wait another week before it was sent out. I told em at that point I wanted a full refund. Basically jus flip out act stupid and someone will help you 20 calls later and hours of time spent listening to that elevator music aghhhhh
Good luck pilots.

Funny - if you do that via a PC browser, the Shipping pReparation is 1 -2 days and only actually takes 3 or 4....

For my MP I've asked that warranty and Care Refresh be extended 2 weeks as compensation for their inefficiencies.

The e-mail reply:

With regards to extending the DJI Care Refresh, we already escalated this to the designated department who will be able to process the request.

Rest assured that you will be notified once we receive an update.

I just can't pick which of those 4 actions to not believe....

That's completely understandable. The urgency varies from case to case, but I don't think anybody here is unreasonable. So it takes a little longer. It sucks, but c'est la vie.

However, we who are impacted by the repair facility move are hearing about it here, on a completely unrelated forum. Meanwhile, the DJI repair portal that we all check daily doesn't have any banner explaining the move, and worst of all, the timeframe listed for each step of the process is off by a significant margin. THAT is the problem, and it really compounds the mere inconvenience of the actual delay.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31