Long Range Phantom 3 Standard Setup, 3 Miles!

Hey Randy, I was thinking the same thing as to a weakness/stress at that point and thought maybe some kind of support-bracket.

Any chance you can post a photo of your support bracket? If not, no biggie just pleased to read here you mentioned pretty well what I was thinking on.

I haven't done this yet (set up) - however your mention of safer flying (signal strength) with this confirms for me this is the way to go.

Thanks.

27FB82B5-07CE-43DD-9967-561B0CE00A1C.jpeg
7AF736FB-FFA9-4661-A0C9-0F81959E08D0.jpeg
D02E4A6C-4FE3-449E-B823-FEDDA05E64A7.jpeg
4AEA48E6-5E76-4217-A4B7-17C3FB9F1D97.jpeg
DA0EDE26-61E2-474F-A69F-0D9E0AFBEFC9.jpeg
9A7887DB-8E2F-4AB0-B3EA-CE9981F63CFC.jpeg
0F855DBB-C0FE-4A1C-83D4-2D088020F13B.jpeg
9BB615A9-7548-4945-9F2F-0CD1A9DA8ADF.jpeg
Here is some photos without the controller attached.

Reactions: Iancognito87
Mine is for a phantom pro and advanced so it is for 2 antennas but same concept. Works over 10 miles range. Of course not leagal and not enough battery to return but does very well in bad wifi areas and heavy trees and buildings. Have about 200.00 in it, but works very well and was fun to build

Thanks you everyone for responding for me while I was in bed, yes as I said in the original post, this setup will help power through those areas with heavy interference, that's the MAIN reason I got this setup, yes it's $300. But again not everyone has the cash to go out and buy a $1000 drone from the beginning, and you dont have to purchase this all at
once you can buy it 1 peice at time! And as longdog said, if it every did fly away most of my tech is in my hands!

Last edited:
Reactions: randyvanscoy
Mine is for a phantom pro and advanced so it is for 2 antennas but same concept. Works over 10 miles range. Of course not legal and not enough battery to return but does very well in bad wifi areas and heavy trees and buildings. Have about 200.00 in it, but works very well and was fun to build

WOW - thank you kindly for the excellent photos, wasn't expecting that. Excellent.

That's all I am looking for is that signal strength when in areas where there are obstacles - one area in particular is a ravine with a large pond behind
my place - lots of trees along the ravine and when I try to fly lower in that area - once I get behind the scattered trees I get a weak or lost signal.

The setup and the OP have looks like the way to go. Thank you again for posting all the photos.

Reactions: Iancognito87
No, thinking outside the box is one thing. Being dangerous and careless is something completely different. This is completely different. And then on top of it, you are wasting resources to do what one can already do for less money.

Sometimes "thinking outside of the box" is a rather foolish thing to do when it is all said and done.
Btw... I have purchased this entire setup for under $600 so not that bad in MY opionion! You can buy all of those parts cheaper elsewhere, I listed amazon as it was easiest for me.

Last edited:
Reactions: steve60
Sure anyone could spend more money and get a P4 with better distance out of the box but there is no magic with that.
The ability to make the device outperform it's original design is thrilling and well worth it if you choose to try.
Don't criticize people about how to spend their money, it makes you sound like a total *******.
Exactly!

Only thing bad about ur amp mounting is that the sma antenna connectors will not support ur antennas well. Might brake the sma double connectors easy.
I've been looking into building something for it, but i've had it together for over 2 months and have not taken it apart. So far there hasn't been any kind of seperation.

No, thinking outside the box is one thing. Being dangerous and careless is something completely different. This is completely different. And then on top of it, you are wasting resources to do what one can already do for less money.

Sometimes "thinking outside of the box" is a rather foolish thing to do when it is all said and done.

AGREE !!!

Thinking "outside the box" is thinking of ALL the MANY ways you can use your drone while retaining VLOS and following ALL the FAA safety regulations. Flying 3 miles away is definitely outside the rules if you are a US citizen and outside of reasonable safety even, if for you, the FAA rules don't apply.

are you using a phantom 3 professional wifi remote

Thanks you everyone for responding for me while I was in bed, yes as I said in the original post, this setup will help power through those areas with heavy interference, that's the MAIN reason I got this setup, yes it's $300. But again not everyone has the cash to go out and buy a $1000 drone from the beginning, and you dont have to purchase this all at
once you can buy it 1 peice at time! And as longdog said, if it every did fly away most of my tech is in my hands!

i went through drone nerds for my extend ranger i’m using p 3 professional the tech tells me that wifi drones aren’t worth putting money into them and i got the stander extender he says i can’t put the power booster on there because the remote is a wifi remote . have you had any problems wt your set up ? my thing isn’t long distance flight i’m into photography and i loose connection sometimes so that’s why i went wt drone nerds hopefully i won’t have that problem anymore wt there extend ranger .

i went through drone nerds for my extend ranger i’m using p 3 professional the tech tells me that wifi drones aren’t worth putting money into them and i got the stander extender he says i can’t put the power booster on there because the remote is a wifi remote . have you had any problems wt your set up ? my thing isn’t long distance flight i’m into photography and i loose connection sometimes so that’s why i went wt drone nerds hopefully i won’t have that problem anymore wt there extend ranger .
That makes absolutely no sense.. the sell the equipment/ boosters and mounts on their website.. you can boost both setups. Randy post some pics up above for the p3p setup. He can testify how well it works!

Drone Nerds are talking out of their **** .....

My P3S was good for 5km with boosters ... as good as my P3P in fact.

The booster ramps up the CARRIER frequency signal ... the carrier has the WiFi or whatever data as 'piggyback' ... so the 2.4Ghz booster ramps up the 2.4Ghz carrier and the WiFi data goes along for the ride !

Nigel

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BoguSlav