Live view not working on Phantom 3 Pro - Please help!

Reaction score
Im a newbie to the drone world just picked up a used Phantom 3 Pro from my son who has not used it in years. I updated the AC and RC to the latest firmware since it was not working. I think that is why he stopped using it.

These are the current versions I updated to:
APP 3.1.43 (DJI Go before P4 app)
Ver. 1.11.20
RC 1.9.2

The problem is that I dont have a video view on my cell (Android Samsung Note 8). So I have to fly blind. I am able to take photos and record videos and then preview them on my computer. So I know the video is working just not able to see the live view. I have tried different cables, I tried an ipad as well and still nothing. Being a newbie I am not sure what to do to fix it. Im hoping someone here can help me solve it ASAP as I would like to get this bird in the air.

Thanks
wsuarezrealtor

Im a newbie to the drone world just picked up a used Phantom 3 Pro from my son who has not used it in years. I updated the AC and RC to the latest firmware since it was not working. I think that is why he stopped using it.

These are the current versions I updated to:
APP 3.1.43 (DJI Go before P4 app)
Ver. 1.11.20
RC 1.9.2

The problem is that I dont have a video view on my cell (Android Samsung Note 8). So I have to fly blind. I am able to take photos and record videos and then preview them on my computer. So I know the video is working just not able to see the live view. I have tried different cables, I tried an ipad as well and still nothing. Being a newbie I am not sure what to do to fix it. Im hoping someone here can help me solve it ASAP as I would like to get this bird in the air.

Thanks
wsuarezrealtor
This is a common issue unfortunately. We routinely refer people to this flow chart:
Fix no video feed / black screen / no image transmission / no FPV on Ph3 Pro

And also routinely ask them to post their LOG_AB file here for review.

Last edited:
Reactions: JoBe
You say you upgraded the firmware. Was that successful? Green light on the front of the camera when it was done?

You say you upgraded the firmware. Was that successful? Green light on the front of the camera when it was done?
Yes. Right now I have solid red lights and flashing green lights on the AC. On the front of the camera is has a solid green light.

Yes. Right now I have solid red lights and flashing green lights on the AC. On the front of the camera is has a solid green light.
That means all is normal and ready to fly. That has nothing to do with the video feed to the RC. See the link posted above. Good luck!!!

Thanks. I will give the flowchart a try.

@Oso has definitely pointed you in the right direction. Everyone on this forum is great and has taught me a lot.

The problem is most likely with your gimbal top board. This requires re-flashing a chip on the gimbal board. You will need a usb ttl adapter and basic soldering skills.

If you narrow it down to the gimbal board after following the flow chart, check out the guide by @SunsetCatcher. It helped me out a lot.

Reactions: JoBe

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20