Litchi with P4 Pro

Reaction score
Hi guys,

Has anyone tried Litchi with "altitude from the ground" in waypoints settings instead of the standard "altitude from Home? I would be interested to hear from your experience with this setting. Like is the altitude correction going downhill or uphill accurate?

Cheers,
Daniel

As far as I have been able to test, it works fine with the actual ground terrain contours. It does not understand trees, antennas, houses, and tc, so you will manually adjust appropriately for those various heights above the actual ground contour. Also be aware that there are multiple data bases that can be used to get the ground height at any given co-ordinate. They don’t always match exactly.

Yes, you can set "use online elevation" in settings then go to each waypoint to set it. I am a new user of Litchi so I don't know when this feature was introduced.

Yes, you can set "use online elevation" in settings then go to each waypoint to set it. I am a new user of Litchi so I don't know when this feature was introduced.
I just logged into Litchi Mission Hub (it's been about 4 months since the last time) and found the "Above Ground" option. Pretty nice feature, thanks! This saves a lot of calculating that I've had to do in the past. It's been over 6mos since I've actually flown a Litchi mission, but I've been planning a mission to follow Interstate 5 down grapevine hill, just south of Bakersfield CA. This planning has been going on for over 9 months. I never saw the "Above Ground" option before, so this is a treat. Although this "above ground" option saves time to plot a mission, unfortunately it still doesn't fix the problem I have with the -200M limitation for descending from take-off when going down a mountain. This means I'll have to make two missions of the Grapevine mission to fly the complete downhill section of the Grapevine. I'll need to start one from the top and do the top half, then start one from the bottom for the bottom half. Unfortunately there's no suitable launch site in the middle of the grapevine hill, not to mention if I did start in the middle, I don't have enough battery to go up and down the whole mountain in one mission.

I had originally hoped to launch from the top, let it run it's mission to the bottom. During the flight I planned to drive to the bottom of the hill, arriving before the craft, then land the craft at the bottom. I was even hoping I could watch the craft fly (riding as a passenger) as we drove down the hill. But the 200M descend limit won't allow this one way mission. If I didn't have the -200M limitation when flying downhill, the Phantom would have easily had enough battery to fly the entire mission length one way down the entire hill, 5 miles, about a 15min mission.

Litchi is a handy application. I've plotted other missions over national parks, launching outside of the national park, then driving through the park following the craft on it's mission, then landing other side of the park, again outside of the park boundaries. Technically this is legal, I think. Not many parks are small enough for this kind of mission, but it's a potential way to skirt NP flights restrictions. The problem is if you publish the NP video on YouTube you get hundreds of complaints, saying you can't fly in national parks. It's too complicated to explain in the video why the flight was legal. So even though it's a legal flight, it's not worth the hassle or risk of the FAA calling you someday and questioning you.

Since all of you are fairly well versed in Litchi maybe you can help me with a question since it is new to me. If I pay for Litchi and add it to one of my dronees does it carry over too all 3 of them or do I have to pay for it 3 times. I have a Mavic 2 Pro, a P4P+ and an I2. Thank you for your help.

The app is on your display device, not the drone. If you use the same display device (iOS or Android), you can control multiple craft. The app uploads the flight instructions to the DJI drone of your choice, as long as it's supported by Litchi.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic