Litchi waypoints not recognizing/saving new POI

Reaction score
Here's the deal. I created an original mission with (14) waypoints and (4) POI's. It is a construction site and I am gathering shots from some of those waypoint locations as progress continues on-site. However, as construction continues, I have found it necessary to adjust the heights of the POI's to capture the image frame that I desire. Since multiple waypoints use the same POI, and not all of the waypoints need POI height adjustment, I attempted to add new POI's where necessary with the adjusted desired heights. The problem is that when I save, close, and reopen the mission, the new POI's are there but the waypoint is still recognizing the old, original, POI as its target. How can I add new POI's and have my waypoint recognize them after saving, closing, and reopening the mission?
At first I thought that I was placing the new POI too close to the original POI, but I tested that theory by moving it significantly further away and had the same issue. I'm stumped. I found very little in the threads on this issue, so any help would be greatly appreciated

Reactions: donk
After you change the POIs and start to save it, click “no” when it says “Save as [Your mission name]?” It will then prompt you to save it with a different name. I would save it like “[Your mission name]2”, etc.

Also, if you’re using the Mission Hub, it may not be syncing with your device. I don’t know because I don’t use the Hub. I plan my missions directly on my iPad and when I update it, I just save it with the same name and it always works.

I may have misread your question. In the mission settings, are you sure you’re changing the POI at EACH waypoint so that it points at the correct (new) POI?

If you don’t change that at EACH affected waypoint, it’ll still recognize the old one instead of the new one.

After you change the POIs and start to save it, click “no” when it says “Save as [Your mission name]?” It will then prompt you to save it with a different name. I would save it like “[Your mission name]2”, etc.

Also, if you’re using the Mission Hub, it may not be syncing with your device. I don’t know because I don’t use the Hub. I plan my missions directly on my iPad and when I update it, I just save it with the same name and it always works.
I have tried the "save under a different name" approach as well - same outcome. I am using mission hub and have verified that it is syncing with my ipad app. I have also tried just making the adjustments in the app and gotten the same outcome.

I may have misread your question. In the mission settings, are you sure you’re changing the POI at EACH waypoint so that it points at the correct (new) POI?

If you don’t change that at EACH affected waypoint, it’ll still recognize the old one instead of the new one.
I did remember to change the POI at EACH waypoint so that it points at the correct (new) POI.

Reactions: donk and Pharm
Here's the deal. I created an original mission with (14) waypoints and (4) POI's. It is a construction site and I am gathering shots from some of those waypoint locations as progress continues on-site. However, as construction continues, I have found it necessary to adjust the heights of the POI's to capture the image frame that I desire. Since multiple waypoints use the same POI, and not all of the waypoints need POI height adjustment, I attempted to add new POI's where necessary with the adjusted desired heights. The problem is that when I save, close, and reopen the mission, the new POI's are there but the waypoint is still recognizing the old, original, POI as its target. How can I add new POI's and have my waypoint recognize them after saving, closing, and reopening the mission?
At first I thought that I was placing the new POI too close to the original POI, but I tested that theory by moving it significantly further away and had the same issue. I'm stumped. I found very little in the threads on this issue, so any help would be greatly appreciated
I just tried moving my new POI away from the original POI even further than previously mentioned above and was able to get my waypoint to recognize/save correctly, however the new POI is so far away from its intended spot that it renders it useless.

I just tried moving my new POI away from the original POI even further than previously mentioned above and was able to get my waypoint to recognize/save correctly, however the new POI is so far away from its intended spot that it renders it useless.
Did you delete the old waypoints?

Did you delete the old waypoints?
I did not delete any waypoints or POI's. Keeping the current locations of the waypoints is important because the images will eventually be used in a time-lapse sequence, and keeping the original POI's is important because some of the other waypoints still need to target them at their original height.

The only other thing I can recommend is to delete the app from your iPad and reinstall or at least make sure you don’t have a Litchi update pending. You can also write Litchi support. They’ve always been good about getting back to me pretty quickly.

[email protected] or
[email protected]

The only other thing I can recommend is to delete the app from your iPad and reinstall or at least make sure you don’t have a Litchi update pending. You can also write Litchi support. They’ve always been good about getting back to me pretty quickly.

[email protected] or
[email protected]
I'm running Version 1.19.0, but I'll try the reinstall anyhow or will reach out to support. Thanks for the idea and provided links!

I'm running Version 1.19.0, but I'll try the reinstall anyhow or will reach out to support. Thanks for the idea and provided links!
No problem. I hope you get it figured out. If/when you do, try to post back here so we can all benefit from your misfortune. ;)

If it IS the proximity of the POIs then you might have to delete the old ones and save the new ones as a separate mission anyway. That’s all I got. When I get a minute (I’m at work and the boss (ME) gets pissy when employees are on their iPads when they should be working), I’ll plan a faux mission on my iPad and try to duplicate the problem.

DEC 07, 2017 | 05:51PM UTC
Litchi replied:

Hi,

This is a known bug in our mission files. When 2 POIs are aligned with a waypoint (or if they are very close), it’s possible the waypoint’s POI will be misassigned. We will try to fix this in a future update, but currently the only way to avoid this is to make sure no 2 POIs are aligned with one waypoint (or very close to each other).

Kind Regards,
Litchi
Online help at Help - Litchi

No problem. I hope you get it figured out. If/when you do, try to post back here so we can all benefit from your misfortune. ;)

If it IS the proximity of the POIs then you might have to delete the old ones and save the new ones as a separate mission anyway. That’s all I got. When I get a minute (I’m at work and the boss (ME) gets pissy when employees are on their iPads when they should be working), I’ll plan a faux mission on my iPad and try to duplicate the problem.
Ha!...never even crossed my mind to create a separate mission for the waypoints and POI's that are mis-assigning. Problem solved until Litchi fixes the bug on their end...thanks again!

DEC 07, 2017 | 05:51PM UTC
Litchi replied:

Hi,

This is a known bug in our mission files. When 2 POIs are aligned with a waypoint (or if they are very close), it’s possible the waypoint’s POI will be misassigned. We will try to fix this in a future update, but currently the only way to avoid this is to make sure no 2 POIs are aligned with one waypoint (or very close to each other).

Kind Regards,
Litchi
Online help at Help - Litchi
Told you they were pretty quick to respond but didn’t know it would be THAT quick! Just another reason I like Litchi.

Ha!...never even crossed my mind to create a separate mission for the waypoints and POI's that are mis-assigning. Problem solved until Litchi fixes the bug on their end...thanks again!
You’re welcome. LARGE cash donations are readily accepted (preferably small, non-sequentially numbered bills via UPS). My address is:
Pharm
WITSEC “member”
XXXX SW X Ave
Somewhere, Some State, USA

Last edited:
Reactions: Charlie Delta

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member