Litchi vs DJI Go App

"Harbor Shot," as with my other city flights, began as much simpler missions before evolving into their current form. Early flights flew with the camera straight ahead & sometimes straight down to verify clearances. The missions have been executed over 100 times & have proven reliable. The map data used in creating the missions has been very accurate, with building spirals & transits plotted directly from the maps. Litchi inspires confidence as it faithfully executes the flight plan. No doubt my missions push the envelope but they certainly make for more interesting footage than flying over trees.

Dirty Bird....you are my idol! Haha, what you do is beyond amazing, i look forward to seeing what you have in store next!

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Reactions: Dirty Bird
Dirty Bird you are the man. It worked everything is working. I sure could use some pointers on video from you.
I just shot a 4k video and it looks like crap from my phantom 4. I have a youtube site
If you have time to look at one perhaps you can steer me in the right direction.
Ronny allred thats the you tube name.

Reactions: Sky Pirate
As a newcomer to this kind of flying I have to say what a wonderful 'show piece' of a video. As someone who lives in a very rural area (no big cities anywhere close) and no large harbour area either I found it very entertaining (and enlightening). Thank you, a great effort!

Reactions: Dirty Bird
As a newcomer to this kind of flying I have to say what a wonderful 'show piece' of a video. As someone who lives in a very rural area (no big cities anywhere close) and no large harbour area either I found it very entertaining (and enlightening). Thank you, a great effort!
Thank you very much. However i was not happy with the way it turned out. It looked grainy or saturated really bad. It was shot in 4k and i need someone to teach me what i am doing wrong.
Ron

Well what a bit of a mix up there, I really meant the vid by 'Dirty Bird'. I had not watched yours Ronny by then (but I have now), but the same goes for that too. It's an education looking at peoples work who have vastly more experience than one's self. This is one of the things that makes the 'proper' use of such forums such a good thing.

I could
Well what a bit of a mix up there, I really meant the vid by 'Dirty Bird'. I had not watched yours Ronny by then (but I have now), but the same goes for that too. It's an education looking at peoples work who have vastly more experience than one's self. This is one of the things that makes the 'proper' use of such forums such a good thing.

I totally agree sky. I watched dirty birds flight, it was very nice. But i need to learn camera settings for different types a day. I though i could shoot 4k on a sunny morning and it needed lots of work.
So from that point i was hoping you camera guys could give me pointers.

I'm by far no expert on composition. For ship shots I think it's a bit of planning or luck involved catching the ship with the proper lighting. I like flying around the ships for scale & effect. I no longer shoot in 4K. I just shoot 1080 since that is what YouTube downgrades to when publishing. Here is a little compilation video of some ship shots:

Dirty Bird you are the man. It worked everything is working. I sure could use some pointers on video from you.
I just shot a 4k video and it looks like crap from my phantom 4. I have a youtube site
If you have time to look at one perhaps you can steer me in the right direction.
Ronny allred thats the you tube name.

I'm by far no expert on composition. For ship shots I think it's a bit of planning or luck involved catching the ship with the proper lighting. I like flying around the ships for scale & effect. I no longer shoot in 4K. I just shoot 1080 since that is what YouTube downgrades to when publishing. Here is a little compilation video of some ship shots:

Dirty bird that was a great clip. What was your camera setting on ? Do you remember?
Ron

I can say with almost absolute certainty that if you think that Litchi's best feature is the auto camera start - you are seriously underutilizing the tool....!!! :)

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Well if you forget to start recording, the rest of the tools aren't gonna help much, I just made a 1 1/2 hour trip to have motorcycle tires I bought on line to mount on my wheels, got there and realized I forgot the new tires. So for folks like me with ADD, it is valuable, but true it has much more to offer.

Ussvert
Well if you forget to start recording, the rest of the tools aren't gonna help much, I just made a 1 1/2 hour trip to have motorcycle tires I bought on line to mount on my wheels, got there and realized I forgot the new tires. So for folks like me with ADD, it is valuable, but true it has much more to offer.
Uss vertigo
All i was asking dirty bird was what were his camera settings? His video clips are really really good. I just want to learn moore and his video well they speak for him. He is good at what he shoots.
Ron

Ron, I was responding to a different post, but like you I heavily rely on info from those who provide valuable experience. Litchi using the wp function takes a lot of the flying load off the operator, so camera settings are a great interest to me also.
One comment on "Auto", I use manual because during filming in auto, I have had scenes turn out useable because the camera was changing settings at the worst time (usually occurs during change of scene brightness). I often set on auto to see what it selects and then go back to manual. Good luck.

Ron, I was responding to a different post, but like you I heavily rely on info from those who provide valuable experience. Litchi using the wp function takes a lot of the flying load off the operator, so camera settings are a great interest to me also.
One comment on "Auto", I use manual because during filming in auto, I have had scenes turn out useable because the camera was changing settings at the worst time (usually occurs during change of scene brightness). I often set on auto to see what it selects and then go back to manual. Good luck.
My apology please lol. I am eager to learn my friend. Thank you for the tips Dirty Bird
I will try them for sure.
Ron

Yes that is normal for my P3 Standards. More if you do 1080X60 fps. For some reason when I record 1080x30 fps on my P3 Pro/Advanced or P4 a 16 minute video still splits & exceeds 4 GB. Not sure why that is?

Hi large are your 15 or 25min file in 1080p uploads . . mine seem be huge like 1-2 gigabytes of more just for 10-12min. Is that your normal?

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl