Litchi vs DJI Go App

Thanks. We aren't supposed to fly over people, property, roads, National Parks, beyond VLOS, at night (it's really tough to see those bright lights at night), etc.. While I certainly appreciate the fatherly advice, there isn't much point in owning a Phantom if one is going to fly strictly by a ridiculously restrictive book. I'd try flying over Fangorn & hope for an exciting shot of an Ent on the move but no doubt I'd find myself in violation of some rule. May as well return to doing loops & split-S with my fixed-wings or maybe a nano-quad in the living room?

So true. Keep those magnificent Phantom flight videos coming.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Both have their benefits. If you are just learning I say the Go app. Once you get you feet wet I would say Litchi. When I was flying P3 it was Litchi, with the P4 I think the Go app has benefits over Litchi. Two best things about Litchi is Camera start automatically. How many times have you taken off and forgot to turn it on when using theGo app? Also I like that Litchi connects directly to Healthy Drones. With a P3 you have many of the features of the P4 including track & waypoints.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

I bought Litchi three days ago and I noticed that it has integrated the OSIRIS LUTs by VisionColor!
Very nice cinematic luts. I spent 70 usd to buy them one year ago and now they sell them for 50. In Litchi, they are integrated! All of them!

OSIRIS LUTs

Last edited:
How do you mean, 'integrated in Litchi'?

Usually when you film with cameras like Canon or Black Magic Design, you film in raw (Cinema DNG) and then you use LUTS in Davinci Resolve 12.5 or FCPX and other software in order to apply them to the raw footage.

In Litchi you apply the lut you want in camera settings Digital Filter (D-Log, None, etc...) and then you dont need to apply them during post in special color grading software, just some post adjustments in blacks, whites, and saturation.

My favorites are Vision 4, 6, X and M31

Last edited:
How do you mean, 'integrated in Litchi'?

Well, I have the GREEK version of Litchi in my iPAD Air, but you can find the settings in your language too!

They are hiden in Digital Filter settings!

" Digital Filter
Select from a wide variety of digital picture effects which will show up in your saved JPEG files and video shots. Digital Filter settings do not affect still images saved in the RAW format.
"

This is realy exciting!
IMG_0291.jpg
IMG_0292.jpg
Litchi_M31.JPG
Litchi_Vision_4.JPG

Attachments

• Litchi_Vision_6.JPG
    Litchi_Vision_6.JPG
    4.8 MB · Views: 300
  • Litchi_Vision_X.JPG
    Litchi_Vision_X.JPG
    4.8 MB · Views: 287
Both have their benefits. If you are just learning I say the Go app. Once you get you feet wet I would say Litchi. When I was flying P3 it was Litchi, with the P4 I think the Go app has benefits over Litchi. Two best things about Litchi is Camera start automatically. How many times have you taken off and forgot to turn it on when using theGo app? Also I like that Litchi connects directly to Healthy Drones. With a P3 you have many of the features of the P4 including track & waypoints.

I can say with almost absolute certainty that if you think that Litchi's best feature is the auto camera start - you are seriously underutilizing the tool....!!! :)

Just comparing the two.....like I said the Litchi program for the P3 is way better than the Go app....however for the P4 the features are already in the Go app.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

I think that is an insult to the many who come here and give well considered feedback and help to those who seek it. We are all hear to learn from each others experience, knowledge and failures. To say that half of that information is wrong, is well..... wrong. I spend a lot of time on this forum, and I have learned a lot and find the posts to be helpful. Yes some replies are wrong as you say, but it is the exception and not the rule.

Boy - touchy! LOL

Maybe you haven't read the same threads that I have or maybe you have but didn't realize that some of the advice being given was wrong. I said "nearly half" is wrong which actually means "more than half is accurate". You're actually wrong to label my statement wrong based on your feeling or impression.

But even if only 1% of the information exchanged here on the site is wrong - my advice to the person asking the question was solid. VERIFY that the feature works the way we tell you it should work instead of blindly trusting it!

That you got offended that I pointed out that there is a lot of misinformation and bad advice floating around is puzzling. Surely you don't think that ALL information exchanged is accurate.... So you're going to take offense because of a few percentage points one way or another?

Sheesh....you react like I called the site useless and told people that everything is lies! My fault I guess. I've been here long enough to know that there are a few delicate flowers here that offend easily so perhaps I shouldn't have offered a percentage estimate and simply stated "Not all the information exchanged on this site is accurate - so before you risk crashing your $1000 investment, you should probably verify for yourself that the feature does in fact work the way you've been told it does!"

That's great advice for almost any situation! Does it offend you less now that I've removed the percentage? Ha ha... Was it worth getting worked up over? I doubt it. In any case - I did not intend to offend anyone in my previous message....however I couldn't honestly say the same about this one...!
Happy flying!

Just comparing the two.....like I said the Litchi program for the P3 is way better than the Go app....however for the P4 the features are already in the Go app.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

Well - sure - that's true for a couple features - but Litchi's waypoint, follow and VR capabilities far surpass the DJI Go equivalents. DJI Go is like flying with training wheels (training wings?)

To anyone wanting to know which is better I believe its a matter of personal preference. The Go App is by no means a training wheel program nor is the Litchi App. My suggestions to all is both have great features, one is free, the other one costs $20USD.....buy it and make your own decision. As I said in two other posts the Litchi app is far better for the P3...not so much for the P4.

Largely as a result of this thread, but also others, I bought litchi today--the price is up a bit btw. I am anxious to start using it. Certainly the autonomous RTH function is more expansive on the djiGO app, and I rely on it all the time because I am constantly losing contact in the tree heavy area where I live. That said, the fact that litchi will continue a waypoint course whether there is contact or not will offset the fact that the P4 isn't returning to home--at least not until the mission is complete. So to me, as long as I'm careful about battery life and waypoint altitude, it's just a waiting game.

I only use Litchi for autonomous waypoint missions but, in over 200 complex, long-distance missions it has never failed.

dirty bird
I need your help buddy.
I know you guys have had this issue but I could not find the thread about this issue. please help!!!
DJI go has taken over my choice to use Litchi or DJI GO
DJI GO wants to load up know matter what. even when I force close the APP it starts back up
any advice???

I assume you are using an Android device & have set Go as the default app to run when the RC is powered on. If so, open Settings > Apps > Select DJI Go > Scroll down to Open By Default then Clear Defaults.

dirty bird
I need your help buddy.
I know you guys have had this issue but I could not find the thread about this issue. please help!!!
DJI go has taken over my choice to use Litchi or DJI GO
DJI GO wants to load up know matter what. even when I force close the APP it starts back up
any advice???

I only use Litchi for autonomous waypoint missions but, in over 200 complex, long-distance missions it has never failed.

That's a impressive piece of uncut video. Flying around buildings, Oil Storage Depots, highways, cranes, towers etc . . at night yet . .sideways when you have no visibility of where you are headed? . . . does Lichti give you that confidence in a precise flight path? . . or is it just experience in mission planning. No disrespect but is any of that legal? or does it matter really? I would love to plan and fly some amazing videos like that . . but I'd likely be arrested before I got it back on the ground here in Canada.

Still, it's a really well done video . . Any advice on how to plan those missions successfully?

Last edited:
"Harbor Shot," as with my other city flights, began as much simpler missions before evolving into their current form. Early flights flew with the camera straight ahead & sometimes straight down to verify clearances. The missions have been executed over 100 times & have proven reliable. The map data used in creating the missions has been very accurate, with building spirals & transits plotted directly from the maps. Litchi inspires confidence as it faithfully executes the flight plan. No doubt my missions push the envelope but they certainly make for more interesting footage than flying over trees.

That's a impressive piece of uncut video. Flying around buildings, Oil Storage Depots, highways, cranes, towers etc . . at night yet . .sideways when you have no visibility of where you are headed? . . . does Lichti give you that confidence in a precise flight path? . . or is it just experience in mission planning. No disrespect but is any of that legal? or does it matter really? I would love to plan and fly some amazing videos like that . . but I'd likely be arrested before I got it back on the ground here in Canada.

Still, it's a really well done video . . Any advice?

"Harbor Shot," as with my other city flights, began as much simpler missions before evolving into their current form. Early flights flew with the camera straight ahead & sometimes straight down to verify clearances. The missions have been executed over 100 times & have proven reliable. The map data used in creating the missions has been very accurate, with building spirals & transits plotted directly from the maps. Litchi inspires confidence as it faithfully executes the flight plan. No doubt my missions push the envelope but they certainly make for more interesting footage than flying over trees.

Thanks . . I've downloaded the app and will wring it out . . carefully!

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj