Litchi trumps DJI Intelligent Flight Mode by a lot!

Orbit is included now- it is NOT an in-app purchase for P3/I1. He mentioned that future flight modes may be in-app purchases.

Camera settings is the main thing currently missing.. Pain in the butt to switch to DJI GO to adjust the ISO/shutter speed and make sure your exposure is correct. Also, can't do advanced photo techniques such as exp bracketing or HDR. It does have a built in panoramic mode which is pretty awesome (fly to WP, automatically rotate bird 6 times to take 6 photos for stitching in LR)
Better. For me has been an in app purchase months ago.

Litchi.com told me that I must update to DJI's latest FW 1.4.0010 before I can install the Litchi 2.0.5 FW update.
Can anyone tell me if this is an accurate statement?

Correct Litchi is no longer beta it is using public firmware (latest public firmware)

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

So with Litchi app, can you set waypoints that are outside of your reception/transmission range or will the P3 automatically revert to RTH at such a time? Sorry if this has been mentioned but I didnt see it. Ill go get an android tablet if that is the case...

Reactions: huntjock
Yep. DJI's own waypoint feature is terrible, in my opinion. I am buying a Nexus 7 2nd generation and getting Litchi. The good news: at least we have these options available to us now! Remember when there were NO waypoints/orbit/follow-me to choose from? Things are looking brighter.

So with Litchi app, can you set waypoints that are outside of your reception/transmission range or will the P3 automatically revert to RTH at such a time? Sorry if this has been mentioned but I didnt see it. Ill go get an android tablet if that is the case...

Yes this is right. Flys beyond RC range.

Yes this is right. Flys beyond RC range.
As I recall, I think you've also shared that it is possible to lose rc connection on a far off orbit (such as when you lower altitude while orbiting and lose LOS). In that case, it would just orbit and orbit until low battery causes RTH - unless you physically get close enough to regain rc control. Am I remembering that right (I haven't been brave enough to test)?

Do you guys know if it has an auto gimbal roll adjustment? I'm looking for any way I can to finally have a consistently level horizon.

As I recall, I think you've also shared that it is possible to lose rc connection on a far off orbit (such as when you lower altitude while orbiting and lose LOS). In that case, it would just orbit and orbit until low battery causes RTH - unless you physically get close enough to regain rc control. Am I remembering that right (I haven't been brave enough to test)?

Exactly right. I had to jump in truck and get close enough for it to receive my rth request.

How does Litchi run on something like a Samsung Galaxy Note 3??

I have been using on Note 4 and 5 without issue. What's important to "note" is that while all along on my Note 4 I had been having on and off issues with DJI's app stuttering streams and crashing (with google play and Lollipop updates main cause), Litchi was delivering stutter-free video and no crashes associated with com.google.process.gapps. Less demand on resources perhaps, not sure.

Do you guys know if it has an auto gimbal roll adjustment? I'm looking for any way I can to finally have a consistently level horizon.

Lovin this lickme app! Bought it last night when I couldn't get DJI Go to work at all. Way cheaper than a new tablet and works great with my acer. One caution, be careful to set good altitudes on your waypoints. I almost crashed it. I think it bases altitude on the home point, not distance from the ground. Suddenly saw myself flying through the trees and barely had time to switch out of F mode and climb.

As an aside, I'm pretty sure DJI is the one developing all of these "3rd party" apps. They chuckle every time they come out with new software that won't work on more and more tablets and quietly pocket the money from those of us forced to by an app that works.:)

Reactions: 2FST4U
Lovin this lickme app! Bought it last night when I couldn't get DJI Go to work at all. Way cheaper than a new tablet and works great with my acer. One caution, be careful to set good altitudes on your waypoints. I almost crashed it. I think it bases altitude on the home point, not distance from the ground. Suddenly saw myself flying through the trees and barely had time to switch out of F mode and climb.

As an aside, I'm pretty sure DJI is the one developing all of these "3rd party" apps. They chuckle every time they come out with new software that won't work on more and more tablets and quietly pocket the money from those of us forced to by an app that works.:)
Yes, altitude is over the take-off point. Keep that in mind when planning missions - and if in variable terrain know that taking off from different places could yield different results (in final altitude) when running the same mission.

Good to know! Do you know if you can incorporate an orbit into a waypoint plight plan?

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1