Litchi. Really?

Reaction score
OK. New to this Litchi and I've flown several desktop 'cooked' missions this week, the most extensive one being just 'out of reach' where I'm becoming more comfortable with the disconnections. I've seen how Litchi will bring the bird back home and now I'm ready to plan an 'over the horizon' mission to last about 10-12 minutes. Is it true that Litchi will run the program through till its completion even during a controller disconnect in a major way? Really?

This is what I purchased the app for and I'd really like to see if it will serve it's mission, (excuse the pun) :)

Is it true that Litchi will run the program through till its completion even during a controller disconnect in a major way? Really?
Assuming you have planned the mission correctly, and adjusted for return battery power, Yes. It will complete the mission, regardless of disconnect. The flight plan is stored on the aircraft.

Please do a gimble calibration or drag that horizon straight in post ‘-)

It’s amazing what sort of footage you can get with the P3’s....
Lol the gimble is fine now. That was an old one I done where the gimble was horizon is so bad [emoji12]

Gimbal pitch movements and speed changes will NOT happen after the controller disconnect even though it keeps flying the flight path. The loss of gimbal movements, if part of your program, will just affect your video composition. BUT, if you drop speed down for part of the mission and then speed back up, it will NOT speed back up if you’ve lost RC connection during the slow part. The bird keeps flying the rest of the mission at the slow speed. This could alter your chance of a safe return. Litchi pops up a warning about this before executing the mission.

Reactions: Neon Euc
Me too Eric. Don't know why the gimbal drift. Resetting in flight before major recording. Nother thread.
The latest update on firmware seems to have fixed that issue for me. Its hard to tell as I hardly see the horizon when I film ad the camera always pans down facing the ground, but when I do look up and take pics it seems the horizon is perfect [emoji4]

Gimbal pitch movements and speed changes will NOT happen after the controller disconnect even though it keeps flying the flight path. The loss of gimbal movements, if part of your program, will just affect your video composition. BUT, if you drop speed down for part of the mission and then speed back up, it will NOT speed back up if you’ve lost RC connection during the slow part. The bird keeps flying the rest of the mission at the slow speed. This could alter your chance of a safe return. Litchi pops up a warning about this before executing the mission.
Mostly right there mate [emoji4] the only thing I have to disagree on is the slowest speed when connection is lost. As far as I'm aware (and I could be wrong) when the connection is lost it will carry on the mission at the last speed you set it to on the previous waypoint. So it doesn't automatically slow down. Just carried on with the last speed you created for the waypoint

This is the info I am looking for bsartist. Neon added to it. Keep the info flowing guys. Thanks.

Mostly right there mate [emoji4] the only thing I have to disagree on is the slowest speed when connection is lost. As far as I'm aware (and I could be wrong) when the connection is lost it will carry on the mission at the last speed you set it to on the previous waypoint. So it doesn't automatically slow down. Just carried on with the last speed you created for the waypoint
He didn’t say it would slow down. He said if the mission was planned to slow down, then speed back up and contact was lost during the slow part, it wouldn’t speed back up as planned (the same thing you just said). I suspect you haven’t had your coffee yet, Neon. :)

That’s exactly what I meant. Sorry if I was unclear.

Reactions: Pharm
In the interest of completeness, I should say that, if for some reason, you get a compass error or lose satellites during the flight the AC will switch to ATTI mode. This will halt the mission and cause it to hover. If out of range you can’t bring it back. However if your smart RTH settings are correct and you don’t have a stiff headwind on the RTH path then the bird SHOULD come back when battery drops low enough to trigger the failsafe RTH. You will likely pucker in the meantime though.

This could happen if you plan a mission to go places that could screw with the compsss or gps (bridges, tunnels, buildings etc.). But it happened to me out of the blue in one particular location on a flight path. It happened three times repeatable at the same spot. No reason. Then the problem went away. As if some odd disturbance at that spot in the air on one day - gone the next. If you are interested here is the thread. It was strange. (I was still in range so was able to bring it back).

Very Disconcerting During Litchi Waypoint Mission

Reactions: JazzAir

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl