Litchi photo preview in timelapse mode

Reaction score
Anyone else having a problem getting Litchi iOS to show a preview when shooting photos in interval mode? It works correctly in video mode and in Go 4.

Litchi just shows a cached photo from earlier in the day or the beginning of the flight. It still takes the photos but I don’t see the view from the P4P at all during the mission. Flying blind!

I’m running a waypoint mission with curved lines and the camera is set to take a jpg photo every 7 seconds. Using the same SD card that takes 4K videos without filling the buffer.

Unless I'm missing something, Curved Lines, the waypoint is never reached, what you tell it do at each waypoint never happens.

Rod

Reactions: Pharm
Where do you find interval mode? I can’t find it. I’m on iOS. Maybe it’s an Android feature?

If it’s some special mode and not a waypoint action then RodPad’s idea may not apply.

Reactions: RodPad
I have a hunch this interval setting isn’t part of a waypoint mission program at all. It just setting the camera for interval and then manually hitting the photo button before or during the waypoint flight. I can’t see the interval setting in Litchi without firing up the bird and connecting. But I did find a couple of threads talking about it in that way. Although they were referring to other issues with it.

...just setting the camera for interval and then manually hitting the photo button before or during the waypoint flight.

Yes, that’s correct. It is a camera setting for shutter mode. I’m starting the camera instead of video like most curved waypoint missions. Without the curve, it stops at each waypoint then proceeds to the next...jerky & inefficient.

Unless I'm missing something, Curved Lines, the waypoint is never reached, what you tell it do at each waypoint never happens.

This isn’t an action at a waypoint. You’re correct though, those will be ignored but I’m not using any.

Yes, that’s correct. It is a camera setting for shutter mode. I’m starting the camera instead of video like most curved waypoint missions. Without the curve, it stops at each waypoint then proceeds to the next...jerky & inefficient.
True dat

Just saw on Facebook that someone else is having the same issue with the camera and wasn’t shooting intervals.

Well then...turns out Litchi doesn’t support the live video feed when taking pictures in 3:2 format. Switch to 4:3 or 16:9 and it works.

Raining outside so can’t test it yet but I did change to 3:2 for these pics. Previously, I always shot in 4:3.

@turfstuf,
Thanks for posting your findings!

Rod

On the phantom 4 pro, 3:2 yields the largest image in terms of pixel dimensions. That’s why I like to shoot in that format. 4:3 is a little cropped along the sides.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DonT