Litchi timelapse

Reaction score
Is possible to use Litchi for timelapse?

With DJI GO it is possible to set image intervals (AFAIK P3P minimum is 10s for .dng or 2s for .jpg). Then set waypoints, speed, and run the mission.

https://www.tim-dehring.com/en/how-to-create-a-dronelapse-2/

I did a quick test and it works OK. But doing all this in real-time takes time and battery. I'd rather pre-plan all in peace and then run the mission with a fresh battery and land safely.

Is it possible to do this in Litchi? The link below indicates yes, but how?

And what is the best way to set mission start and end points, and RTH & battery settings to get the max amount footage with minimum risk? What image interval best captures moving clouds with different wind speeds? What AC speed to use (1-6 km/h?)? What altitude is usually good (50-120m so the neighbours don't get paranoid)? I guess it is best to start the mission and slowly walk to the calculated end point and take the AC down there when the battery is down to near critical.

A Stunning Hyper-lapse Video Filmed With a Drone Over the Alps Mountains

See also:

If it is, I have no idea how. I fly exclusively with Litchi and have never seen anything like a time lapse function. The only possible way I could think of to do this would be with MANY MANY waypoints that are as close together as possible, but you would need to adjust your airspeed to calculate the time between the waypoints for the image interval time. That is the only way I can think of.

Reactions: matti
I've done this with Litchi for orbit missions, it shoots every 10 seconds. I did read that you can set it lower than 10 seconds if you're not shooting RAW. Never tried it out but I will tomorrow if the weather plays ball.

Otherwise, just shoot in highest video format and discard frames (or alter timeline).

With DJI GO it is possible to set image intervals (AFAIK P3P minimum is 10s for .dng or 2s for .jpg). Then set waypoints, speed, and run the mission.

https://www.tim-dehring.com/en/how-to-create-a-dronelapse-2/

I did a quick test and it works OK. But doing all this in real-time takes time and battery. I'd rather pre-plan all in peace and then run the mission with a fresh battery and land safely.

Is it possible to do this in Litchi? The link below indicates yes, but how?

And what is the best way to set mission start and end points, and RTH & battery settings to get the max amount footage with minimum risk? What image interval best captures moving clouds with different wind speeds? What AC speed to use (1-6 km/h?)? What altitude is usually good (50-120m so the neighbours don't get paranoid)? I guess it is best to start the mission and slowly walk to the calculated end point and take the AC down there when the battery is down to near critical.

A Stunning Hyper-lapse Video Filmed With a Drone Over the Alps Mountains

See also:

Now thats real editing. Brilliantly done. Well done.

Yes, you can use Litchi Waypoint mode for timelapse in the identical way as DJI GO. Do not hesitate to experiment with speed and altitude. Please consider, that for e.g. final 20 sec video with 24 fps you need 480 pictures, or in other words 16 minutes flight mission with 480 jpeg pictures taken every 2 sec.

Yes, you can use Litchi Waypoint mode for timelapse in the identical way as DJI GO. Do not hesitate to experiment with speed and altitude. Please consider, that for e.g. final 20 sec video with 24 fps you need 480 pictures, or in other words 16 minutes flight mission with 480 jpeg pictures taken every 2 sec.

I’ve been hunting for this in litchi and can’t find how to set photo intervals for waypoint mission ? Any suggestions

Never mind what mission you fly
Litchi - Camera Settings - Photo Settings - Capture Mode - Interval
If your Image Format is jpeg then Intervals start from 2sec, if Raw then 5sec.
When you start your Waypoint mission just tap on camera icon to take first picture and then others will be taken automatically,
or WP1 - Action Take picture

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20